• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2013 V7 clutch cable failure

My rubber bumper was partially melted through at only 700 miles. I promptly lifted it from the cylinder contact point with a loosely hung zip tie through the piece where the spark wires exit.

20150414 114304

MG do not put the rubber bumper in quite the right place on the cable - it needs to be another 1- 2 cm forwards.
Good photo Jenny, I have done like you have, but for aesthetic reasons used a black cable tie.....

To lube the clutch cable at the handlebar lever I used spray on chain lube (remeber that?) It covers the nipple then dries off.

My HT leads also touch the cyliders - is this a problem? They are sheathed in what looks like a heat resistant material.

AndyB

MG do not put the rubber bumper in quite the right place on the cable - it needs to be another 1- 2 cm forwards.
Good photo Jenny, I have done like you have, but for aesthetic reasons used a black cable tie.....

To lube the clutch cable at the handlebar lever I used spray on chain lube (remeber that?) It covers the nipple then dries off.

My HT leads also touch the cyliders - is this a problem? They are sheathed in what looks like a heat resistant material.

AndyB
Andy, lubing the nipple of the cable is good. This is just a cautionary not to not lube the cable itself. Lube will react with the inner plastic sheath and cause problems.

Mine were one in the same. The right side wire was resting against the cylinder, but also had the silicone sheathing and no sign of melting. Didn't stop me from trying to situate it away from the cylinder cooling fins a little bit ;)

I had also been having a weird intermittent stutter problem which felt like the right side was missing, and it seemed to clear up around the time I made these adjustments. Very interesting...

thanks Jenny,
I could also imagine water getting into that sheathing on the LH pot......sounds like time to remove the tank and have a fiddle.
AndyB

Didn't think much of Kev's comment about the breather hose rubbing against the tank and rubbing the paint off because I wasn't worried about some paint coming off. But, just did the ol' tank puck bolt check and after I reinstalled with loctite I noticed that the breather hose had been rubbing against the tank on the right side because the paint had rubbed through a decent amount, but more importantly the breather hose was getting worn down...gotta figure out what to do about that. Right side. only needs to lay a quarter inch flatter, barely.

Saw my first V7 II at the National Rally last weekend. Due to the new tranny, the cable is routed right through the middle of the cylinders, not against one of them. Another thing I noticed is the evap cannister is now on top of the engine, not hanging underneath.

Cam

Saw my first V7 II at the National Rally last weekend. Due to the new tranny, the cable is routed right through the middle of the cylinders, not against one of them. Another thing I noticed is the evap cannister is now on top of the engine, not hanging underneath.

Cam
Cam,

Did you have the Silver/Black Stone at NH?

Gerry

Red 2015 Stone

Back