• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2014 quotta treffen

Hi

Sorry been quiet recently due to working so hard! :cry:

Susie and I are thinking about going to Croatia and will probably look at a 2 week trip.

We will go via the southern route (tunnel or ferry) and incorporate a visit to Italy and the factory on the way or back.

Hope to see you all there. B)

cheers
Mark

The wife's going to book an appartment in rejika for a week Tuesday to Tuesday and fly down so it looks like I'm going wether I like it or not! going to study the maps, maybe we should get together in the spring?

Hi all

I have booked for myself and Susie for the rideout on Saturday and stay over for the dinner on Saturday night.

cheers
Mark :D

Booked today for this rally(me and Missus). Been a while since we were down that way.

I've not booked yet, but am well advanced with the route planning.
Planning a route down which pick up the Tour de France on the Wednesday, the Croatia, into the Dolomites for a day of 3, then the French Alps for another tour stage, the back up through the Alps and the Jura and back to the ferry/tunnel.

I'm still thinking minimalistic approach, tent, bag, mat, few clothes.

Works out around 2800 miles

Ferry booked, Route! follow the front wheel untill we arive,
FYI
We will also be attending A Guzzi weekeend near Malmo Sweden May 24,
France Rallt Couleuvre in Allier April 19th easter.
And Guzzi Valais Switserland Last weekend August.

See you all some time
Dave Stelvio, South Wales

dave1100 said:
Ferry booked, Route! follow the front wheel untill we arive,
FYI
We will also be attending A Guzzi weekeend near Malmo Sweden May 24,
France Rallt Couleuvre in Allier April 19th easter.
And Guzzi Valais Switserland Last weekend August.

See you all some time
Dave Stelvio, South Wales

Hi Dave

See you in Croatia! Susie and I leave on Saturday 5th July, She now has a Stelvio 2011 black matching mine! :eek: She loves it!
Sounds like you are going to be busy on Guzzi stuff. Are you thinking of the Taffy Dakar? We may do it.
cheers
Mark :D

Mark
Great stuff 2 Stelvios almost compulsory in the Guzzi clib.. , Taffy Daker clashes with other events I think. Stay safe see you there, Peter and Jane are leaving for Croatia the same weekend are your selves. . See you there..Daid and Kat

Ok, finally signed up, nothing more definitive on the plans yet though, still scheming TDF route, Dolomites, back to the French alps.
Minimalist luggage, tent, bag etc

Unfortunately I cannot attend, due to all sorts of frustrating family commitments. In fact I don't think I'll be able to get a proper long motorcycle holiday in this year. If I'm lucky I may get a few days here and there, my fingers are crossed for a week in Scotland sometime in October :(
I was looking forward to the Croatia rally, if it's anything like the Welsh one last July it will be great. I'm a touch jealous of you guys going out there. Hopefully next year I'll get my usual two week alpine trip.

That's a shame Al.

I think there are several UK attendees, I just need to get mine plans finalised :?

All booked,Tuesday 8th for 2 weeks. Dover Dunkirk crossing back from Calais.

Around 3100 miles minimum

Down to Croatia in 3 day via Austria, back via the Dolomites and the French Alps with a stop at Mandello and the Alping stage of the Tour de France

Well done Jon!

We leave on the 5th hopefully if I get my bike back after crash with a deer! see another post for details! :cry:

See you at the Quotatreffen site on the Saturday morning for the ride out and over night.

Cheers
Mark

Have a great ride down to Croatia guys sorry I can't see you down there. The wife had her second total knee replacement just over a week ago that's 2 years on the trot she's pulled this one, we knew it was on the cards just didn't know when and she didn't get a lot of notice and I should have asked them to delay for a month. Good thing is she is already talking about getting another bike. Have a good one Paul

Back from my solo trip around Europe

3339 miles in 2 weeks, 327 litres of fuel. So around 46 miles per UK gallon or 16km/l or 6.25l/100km (I think!)
Some long days of 500+miles, some short ones around the Dolomites; Pordoi, Giau and others then on to the Stelvio, Gavia and Mortirolo and the Guzzi museum.
Met up with Mark (UKStridey) and Susie plus others in Croatia for the Guzzi Enduro meeting (Stelvios, Quotas and the odd 650 NT) the back into Italy and the Tour de France.
Next years Guzzi Enduro is in Sweden!

Bike was fine, no problems, it works better in hot weather with improved fuel economy, but is very hot to ride at low speed in the mountains or towns, a couple of days were 30 deg C, then some days were completely wet! Here some rattling/tapping noises when very hot coming from the clutch action, but they went away.

Some learnings for me:-
  • Leaving side panniers off was good, travel light.
  • Cargo net over the stuff bags was great, allowed stuff to be easily stored (like gloves, water proofs)
  • Kriega tail pack was good (30 litre version) The 5 l tank bag was less useful, the Cash Stash was ideal as an all up wallet, document holder, phone holder.
  • Need to take more charging devices (Sat Nav cradel failed so was on battery only)
  • None biking shoes - I found these Teva shoes on line - lightweight, low packing volume http://www.teva.co.uk/mens-churn-wa...r_4153_color=BLK&start=2&cgid=men-shoes-water
  • Travel towels do work, the mircofibre type ones
  • Fuel wasn't an issue, althoiugh I carried a 2 litre reserve container in the top box. The mots I filled was 16 litres into and 18 litre tank. Often it was just as convenient to fill up during a natural break, so some fills were only 10 litres

Changed all the oils and hydraulic fluids yesterday after returning home, plus pads. Oils looked fine the CARC and gearbox oils were very clean - I'd actually done more like 8000 miles since the last changes (oops). Front tyre stills looks good the back is getting a little worn, but they've now done 7200 miles (Heidenau Scouts K60s). Overall mileage now is just under 30k miles

Some photos
2014 07 08 162528 2014 07 09 090739 2014 07 09 154812 2014 07 11 154251 2014 07 12 114800 2014 07 13 085514 2014 07 13 085607 2014 07 13 150253 2014 07 14 145712 2014 07 15 090107 2014 07 15 092043 2014 07 15 131951 2014 07 15 143439 2014 07 15 143530 2014 07 17 184724 2014 07 20 104141

Hi Jon, glad to hear you had a good trip. So Sweden next year, hopefully I'll be able to get to that one. I've often fancied going to Nordcap, I'm now chewing over the possibility of tying the two into one trip. If not the rally should be doable for an extended long weekend.

Back