• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2014 V7 ECU question

unixgeek

Just got it firing!
Folks,

I've searched for this information but have thus far struck out. Can someone please confirm which ECU is used in the 2014 V7? My winter projects include some proper free-flowing pipes and the required ECU tweaks to accommodate them. Now that I can no longer ride my bike it is time to get to work on it!

Many thanks...
Doug

According to the service manual in the resources section ( same as the 2013 bike) it is the MIU. I suggest you contact Todd direct for the required updating for the ECU which is part of the throttle body assembly.

Gents,

Thank you both very much for the information, it is appreciated. I shall consider my options.

On the subject of pipes, and I know this is quite a subjective thing, which ones do you like for a V7 and why? I am not going to be able to hear any for comparison purposes and YouTube videos aren't all that useful in that regard so a few informed opinions can only help.

I love my V7 and had a riot ripping around on it this past year, along with my wife on her Honda CBR250R. We are both looking forward to more of the same next year!

Cheers!
Doug

Doug,
I love the 2 into 1 and ECU flash from Todd. Not only does it sound and perform well, but the stainless steel / welding / tube bending is a thing of beauty.

E2AA6A22-C1D7-47E6-B829-B3AEBE424569_zpsnjcqetg2.jpg

A418C34B-CB62-4EE1-B74A-D23F1FEC07D7_zpsjwhj8gp4.jpg

Oh yeah, Todd the chin fairing doesn't look like it would interfere with the extended sump. I remember someone asking a while ago.

Folks,

I've searched for this information but have thus far struck out. Can someone please confirm which ECU is used in the 2014 V7? My winter projects include some proper free-flowing pipes and the required ECU tweaks to accommodate them. Now that I can no longer ride my bike it is time to get to work on it!

Many thanks...
Doug
I questioned my decision to buy the V7 when I first bought it. I had a 1000s before this. The dramatic change to the bike after Todd's re-flash changed everything. A totally awesome driving experience. Real Guzzi! You have to have it done it's so worth it.
Tibor

Back