• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2015 Stelvio Updates

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Press Release...

Moto Guzzi have unveiled the 2015 Stelvio 1200 8V NTX, their adventure-touring machine which once again aims to do battle with the BMW R1200GS, Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rally, KTM 1290 Super Adventure and Yamaha XT1200Z Super Ténéré etc. Indeed, with its 32-litre fuel tank, double headlamp assembly, adjustable windshield, spacious panniers for luggage, optional GPS navigation equipment, fully adjustable long-travel suspension and powerful, 105 horsepower / 113Nm V-twin engine, the Stelvio can take pretty much whatever you choose to throw at it. There's also ABS and traction control here, just to make sure your complete your mega journeys as safely as possible.

For 2015, new bits on the Guzzi Stelvio 1200 include a revised steel-tube chassis that's been strengthened further, to cope with the rigours of hard off-road use. Suspension (45mm USD Marzocchi fork, Sachs monoshock with a progresive, rising rate spring) settings have been revised, the engine gets improvements to its lubrication and cooling systems, and gets an updated new Marelli fuel injection system for improved throttle control and mid-range power delivery, as well as reduced fuel consumption, lower emission levels and reduced noise.

With 17-inch (rear) and 19-inch (front) wheels, shod with 150/70 and 110/90 tyres respectively, and with Guzzi's ATC traction control system, the Stelvio has been designed for on/off road use and despite its 595 lb/270kg curb weight, remains manageable as a long-distance adventure tourer.

Press Release...

For 2015, new bits on the Guzzi Stelvio 1200 include a revised steel-tube chassis that's been strengthened further, to cope with the rigours of hard off-road use. Suspension (45mm USD Marzocchi fork, Sachs monoshock with a progresive, rising rate spring) settings have been revised, the engine gets improvements to its lubrication and cooling systems, and gets an updated new Marelli fuel injection system for improved throttle control and mid-range power delivery, as well as reduced fuel consumption, lower emission levels and reduced noise.

Does anyone have specifics about what has changed? What suspension settings, what lube and cooling changes, what frame changes? Does the FI change mean there will be an updated map from our dealers?

Based on the marketing press release (generic ad-speak), I don't see anything different from a 2014 NTX.

Hi all
I am thinking of buying a Stelvio NTX. I had a ride on one but found the seat uncomfortable and the engine a bit agricultural when revved. I also found the suspension a little harsh. Looking at that you would think I didn't like it, but I did. What im getting to is the 2015 model. On the Guzzi website it says the new model has an electric screen and a revised saddle, could anyone tell me more, I could find no spec on the site. Thanks

I believe Guzzi is showing the bikes at EICMA next month. There will likely be little info until the bikes start arriving in the dealerships as to any real details. Stock, the fueling and exhaust is pretty horrible as delivered, as has to be due to Euro Emission Regs. Depending on your weight and riding ability, the stock suspension is lacking for sure. Plan on upgrading this as part of the purchase, and you will be rewarded with a wonderful machine. I love my Stelvio, and am getting up to speed with my recently purchased '13 NTX for my RentAGuzzi rental fleet.

Does anyone have specifics about what has changed? What suspension settings, what lube and cooling changes, what frame changes? Does the FI change mean there will be an updated map from our dealers?Based on the marketing press release (generic ad-speak), I don't see anything different from a 2014 NTX.
Per my post above, I doubt we'll really know anything of significance until the bikes start shipping. We will have to wait to see If they updated the ECU to the 7SM or not, as to an answer on a map update (which I highly doubt they will on/for either).

I imagine no one would know the answer to this, but I'm wondering if any of the Stelvio updates, in particular to the lubrication system and fueling, will make it onto the other 8v models. No mention of any such thing on the company press releases for the Griso so far.

Not enough difference especially when Elk Grove Powersports in Sacramento reduced end of year model by $2,200 letting me ride home at $13,799. Decision was easy.

Congrats theTurn. I envy the roads in your backyard. Hwy 3, 36 and 96 are some of the best in the state. 299 was nice before they straightened it out. Almost forgot the Usal Rd.
I'll be up in Redding next spring getting a seat customized at LAAM saddles so I'll have a chance to ride those roads again soon. I hope to take the back Matole Rd from Ferndale to Shelter Cove.

I wonder if the lubrication improvement has anything to do with the side head cam. Or maybe its MGs way of coolng the motor better so that they can hold on to air cooling a little longer. What the Stelvio needs is the aprilia ADD suspension.

Last edited:
Thanks Rafael. Once the storms clear I'm ready for a Lost Coast run. Right in my backyard. The rivers are full and Humboldt is great bike country. Right fit for the Stelvio. Did a good run through the Avenue of the Giants Saturday when the storm momentarily broke enough to tweak my GoPro mounts through the Redwoods. Just got my plates.

Much of what you read regarding the 2015 is the standard boiler-plate spiel Guzzi has used since the NTX was introduced with the 2012 model. Other than tank color, the 2015 bikes should be very similar to the 2014 bikes.

Since 2012, various changes have been made to the bike such as roller cams but the bike is basically the same.

We do not need an electric screen on the Stelvio. Good lord.

Back