Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

2016 Audace Heated Grips?

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by Vito J Carabetta, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Vito J Carabetta

Vito J Carabetta Just got it firing! GT Contributor

My bike finally arrived and I love it so far. I am confused about the heated grips button. It does not do anything when I press it. Someone told me that it is just a remnant from other models and is inoperative, but the owners manual suggests otherwise. Anyone out there have the real answer?

2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

3. Vizir

Vizir Tuned and Synch'ed

Normally, no problem for a 2016 model everythng is in place, yes.
    The problem is only for euro4 models with the new buttons and CC.

4. Vito J Carabetta

Thanks. It does have the electronic cruise control, so I think I am out of luck then.

5. GTM®

Does anyone read what I post or click the links? Cruise control isn't the issue. Ride by wire is.

6. Moto-Uno

Moto-Uno Cruisin' Guzzisti

^ Damned facts :punch::mad: :). Peter

7. Moto-Uno

I have a set of Koso Apollos on the way (for my 2018 Eldorado) , I'll let you know about them in a while . Peter

8. Vito J Carabetta

Yes, I do. Electronic cruise control is present , functional and visible. Its presence is physical evidence that ride by wire, that cannot be seen, is there and operative on this model. The heated grip button is then just vestigial from the prior model. Thanks for clearing it up.

9. GTM®

Dense. Ride by wire (for the non-heated grip models) can be clearly seen by the lack of throttle cables, not cruise control.

10. Moto-Uno

^ Do I sense a trace of frustration :mad: ? Peter

11. PaulDavies

PaulDavies Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

As I understand it, all models have cruise control and all are ride by wire, but they are physically different. The first models 2014-2016 had the cruise control on the RH Bar and had physical/visible throttle cables connected to a ride by wire "Demand Sensor" under the tank. That sensor caused a lot of problems for some and is big bucks to replace.

Check out the P0155 error thread here https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/getting-the-service-urgent-error-code.18367/

In 2017 Guzzi switched to a pure ride by wire setup with the sensor in the throttle grip and no visible throttle cables. At this time the cruise control moved to the LH Bar and somewhere along the way, the heated grips got dropped (at least the option of guzzi oem ones did). Some have fitted aftermarket versions like Oxford to compensate.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  12. Vito J Carabetta

I apologize for the commotion I seem to have caused. I hope I am not the only "DENSE" (that was not really complimentary indeed) newcomer to the Moto Guzzi community that came seeking information.

I will get to the point. Issues about the 2017 model are irrelevant . My bike is a 2016, and the cruise control button is on the right side. There is a heated grip button on the front side on the left that does nothing when pressed. Can this bike be fitted with OEM heated grips?

Thank you all kindly for your assistance.

13. PaulDavies

PaulDavies Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Yes - 99% sure - It's not 100% because I haven't done it myself, but the OEM heated grips are listed for 2016 Audace

Vito J Carabetta likes this.