• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2016 V7 II Stone: Slip-On, Center Stand, and Engine Guard

GuzziHenry

Just got it firing!
Hi:

I would appreciate the forum's input regarding a pair of Slip-Ons for my new V7ii Stone. I don'y mind using Arrow even though CB-Killer isn't removable, but does Arrow come in different finishes? I only see chrome in all the pictures/video clips that I have come across. I prefer a black/matt finish. Do they really sell them in one color/finish only? Would you wait until after your first Service (620 miles) before installing one?

Any recommendations regarding Center Stand? I never had one. Should I consider one for winter if I plan on keeping my bike in the garage (for the most part)? Does Moto Guzzi finally offer one? If not, which brand do you recommend. Hepco & Becker seems common. Unfortunately, I read somewhere that they do not fit V7iis, are very heavy, and fairly unstable. Is this information correct? Do I have to remove Side Stand or can I keep both on? Any thoughts on Lift Stands instead (just rear? just front? both?)? Is there a particular brands that you favor?

Lastly, what are your thoughts on Engine Guards for V7ii? There are so many different ones and I have seen prices ranging from $100 - $400+. Would you recommend installing one? Which brand(s) do you favor?

Sorry for covering three subjects in one posting. Really appreciate everyone's input.

Henry

Hey GuzziHenry & welcome to the forum.

Couple things about Guzzi's that folks who are new to them don't know. They really don't perform well without baffles, sound louder but don't really run any better. These bikes are running very lean from the factory so even a slip on muffler can make them run even leaner.

The point being that if you want some good sound advice from an old Guzzi rider the first place you need to put money is going to be getting the bike running correctly. Right now it may seem like it is running fantastic but you are just getting used to a new machine.

Guzzi's are great bikes but in the beginning need some tweaking & understanding. It is always easy to find extra cash in the beginning for stuff but then when it comes time to spend money on needed things it becomes frustrating.

Put a thousand miles on the bike (easy to do on a Guzzi!)and while you are enjoying the ride think about what you want & what you need to do & calculate the cost. When it comes time to change out the exhaust & any other engine mods you are also going to need to have the computer remapped to compensate for the changes & the owner of this forum (Todd) can really help you there.

I know I did not answer your questions but I felt compelled to write this because I have in the past bought the fun stuff first then always shied away from fixing the problem, got frustrated & spent a pile of money that I regretted.

Guzzi didn't have an OEM center stand for my 2016 Special. Then I decided to forget the center stand idea...I was looking at the Pit Bull rear stand which is very nice but a little $. I ended up buying this which works pretty good when doing maintenance or rear wheel changes. You need to adjust the brackets as wide as possible, and it goes under the bike where the Pit bull does. Yes, you need to wind it up, but it's $50! Also, you need to be careful when installing it as the sidestand needs to be up while you slide it under the bike.

Hey GuzziHenry & welcome to the forum.

Couple things about Guzzi's that folks who are new to them don't know. They really don't perform well without baffles, sound louder but don't really run any better. These bikes are running very lean from the factory so even a slip on muffler can make them run even leaner.

The point being that if you want some good sound advice from an old Guzzi rider the first place you need to put money is going to be getting the bike running correctly. Right now it may seem like it is running fantastic but you are just getting used to a new machine.

Guzzi's are great bikes but in the beginning need some tweaking & understanding. It is always easy to find extra cash in the beginning for stuff but then when it comes time to spend money on needed things it becomes frustrating.

Put a thousand miles on the bike (easy to do on a Guzzi!)and while you are enjoying the ride think about what you want & what you need to do & calculate the cost. When it comes time to change out the exhaust & any other engine mods you are also going to need to have the computer remapped to compensate for the changes & the owner of this forum (Todd) can really help you there.

I know I did not answer your questions but I felt compelled to write this because I have in the past bought the fun stuff first then always shied away from fixing the problem, got frustrated & spent a pile of money that I regretted.
Trout - great advice. thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Guzzi didn't have an OEM center stand for my 2016 Special. Then I decided to forget the center stand idea...I was looking at the Pit Bull rear stand which is very nice but a little $. I ended up buying this which works pretty good when doing maintenance or rear wheel changes. You need to adjust the brackets as wide as possible, and it goes under the bike where the Pit bull does. Yes, you need to wind it up, but it's $50! Also, you need to be careful when installing it as the sidestand needs to be up while you slide it under the bike...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1100LB-Moto...:g:GNkAAOSwvg9Xcr1t&item=321687048090&vxp=mtr
JP - thank you. Is this lift stable?

The lift is reasonably stable. Keep in mind that the bike contact points will be 8-10" apart as they are with the Pit Bull. The Pit Bull is wider at floor level. The bike can be tipped over, and it can also be tipped over using the pit bull.

I have a jack similar to the one jpv7 describes. I use it in conjunction with a front wheel chock. I ride the bike onto the chock, get off, and use the jack under the rear frame cross member. The bike's very stable this way. It's great for lifting the rear wheel for valve adjustments and for removing the wheel for tire changes. I also use the jack (minus the brackets but with a 1-ft length of 4x4 wood in their place) under the front of the oil pan to lift the front wheel when I need to remove the wheel to change the tire. Very easy and efficient.

For an engine guard, I got the one from Agostini. It fits well and looks like the bike came with it. The guard is nearly identical to the MG OEM engine guard sold for the non-ABS '13-'15 V7's, but it's got an extra bracket that's needed for the newer bikes with ABS.

Welcome to the tribe.

I went with just the head-guard that attaches to the head rather than the frame....just a different look. Another guy on here added a really cool looking guard, again that attaches to the cylinder, but is tubular.

FWIW - I agree with also riding for 1K miles and seeing what becomes your priority. Something you are not considering may pop up.

Exhausts - I went with Mistral's primarily due to their price point. They were ~40% less than anything else out there. IMO they sound very nice and although they run better with a re-flash, many (I am included) think they ran as well as the stock ones do without a re-flash.

I would have opted for the black Mistrals but they were 100 bucks more and like the stainless with the tank anyway.

1C683BD4-5BCE-4EEB-B366-070CA8AC0161_zpsc9t9rv09.jpg

Last edited:
You may think it runs fine with no reflash but it's probably running leaner then it already was which could lead to melt down.

No doubt....guess I have read others that opt for Mistrals and do not reflash and folks seem to "get away" with it more than some exhaust upgrades. I put the equivalent pair on my old V11 Sport and did not reflash. I noticed no difference at all on that bike.

Here is an old pic of Mistrals on that:
IMG_1205.jpg

I have the Hepco-Becker centerstand on my V7II Stone. Works well, no interference with the OEM sidestand.
Recommendation when working on the bike when on the centerstand, particularly if working on the rear wheel changing the tire: Run a tie-down strap from the stand to the front wheel - so the stand doesn't fold up on you.

I had the tubular head guards on my v7 powered tt, looked fantastic, were very sturdy ....

took them off as they left my knees bruised to hell and could not change gear with wife on board .

I have the Hepco-Becker centerstand on my V7II Stone. Works well, no interference with the OEM sidestand.
Recommendation when working on the bike when on the centerstand, particularly if working on the rear wheel changing the tire: Run a tie-down strap from the stand to the front wheel - so the stand doesn't fold up on you.
If I may, was this the correct unit for the V7? Any difference you think on the V7 II?

If I may, was this the correct unit for the V7? Any difference you think on the V7 II?
motomachines.com/Centerstand--Moto-Guzzi-Breva-V-750-ie-Nevada-Classic-V-750-ie-from-04--09-Nevada-Aquila-Nera_p_121.html
No.
For V-7II: https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/hb-center-stand-v7-ii/
Hepco-Becker does not make a center stand for the recent V7s.
For V7 center stands ask Todd, or check with AF1, Harpers and MG Cycles.
Note: some descriptions say that the stand interferes with the side stand and you need to replace it with the Euro side stand. It may be that the interference happens when you try to use the center stand when the side stand is up; if the side stand is down (deployed) when you deploy or retract the center stand there probably isn't an interference.

The Agostini centre (when will you Americans learn to spell) stand was recommended for the V7ll in an earlier post. I've always had centre stands and used them in preference to kick stands in the past, so I'll probably go for an Ago this spring if Guzzi doesn't come out with one at a competitive price.

About two weeks ago, someone on the Moto Guzzi Yahoo e-mail list said that Moto Guzzi is now producing a centre stand for the V7 II. Perhaps check whether that is true before checking the suggested alternatives.

About two weeks ago, someone on the Moto Guzzi Yahoo e-mail list said that Moto Guzzi is now producing a centre stand for the V7 II. Perhaps check whether that is true before checking the suggested alternatives.
A C-stand is available for the V7 II, linked several times above, and again here; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/hb-center-stand-v7-ii/

The '09-15 V7 should be identical to the older Breva 750. There will be an issue with the US side-stand interference on the V7s.

Exhausts - I went with Mistral's primarily due to their price point. They were ~40% less than anything else out there. IMO they sound very nice and although they run better with a re-flash, many (I am included) think they ran as well as the stock ones do without a re-flash.
Hmmm, well, $577.80 online for the poorly constructed Mistrals vs. my 100% made in the USA stainless GT versions I offer on this site; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-ss-v7-reverse-cone-megs-low/
- better proportioned and sounding with a lifetime warranty.

Fueling: You can pretend things are OK, or you can look at the science of fueling, and enjoy a much happier motor with a proper reflash.

Ten years of people not even mentioning my products on my site. What does it take(?).

I would appreciate the forum's input regarding a pair of Slip-Ons for my new V7ii Stone. I don'y mind using Arrow even though CB-Killer isn't removable, but does Arrow come in different finishes
Welcome to the Forum, and congrats on the V7II-Stone.
Try a search or two here. All of your questions are well answered. Guzzi Arrow mufflers contain catalytic converters and non-removable db-killers. Basically the same mufflers as stock. They are only available in a brushed aluminum finish. I am a Arrow dealer and can get you a better than advertised price, contact me direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com - but also see my post above.

Back