RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.
  2. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.

2017 Moto Guzzi V7III Stone Check Engine Light

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by dududuckling, Feb 8, 2019.

1. dududuckling

dududuckling Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hi all,

I'm back with another problem - Check Engine Light on the speedometer came on this morning when it was cold and damp. I park my bike outside and have to wipe the mist off the bike every morning. Sometime it gets drenched in the rain too.

The bike has 2500 miles, about one-year of ownership to be exact. It still idles and rides fine, no loss of power, etc. I have unplugged the battery for 5 minutes, which reset everything except the CEL.

I made some calls and was told only Guzzi dealer has the tool to read the CEL code and the nearest dealer is 90 minutes away in Orange County, CA. I browsed through the forum and condensation on the oxygen sensor seems to be the most common issue.

I'm thinking of replacing the oxygen sensor and see if the CEL goes away. I'm thinking of buying one sensor, plug it to one side and see if the CEL goes away. If not, try the other side. I haven't come across both sensors fail at the same time. Otherwise, it is time for a trip to the dealer. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Poppe likes this.
  2. dududuckling

And another thought I'd like to add... I've been wanting to do Todd's GTR-X ECU remap and SS 2-2 exhaust. I'm thinking if this is a sign to do the upgrade. >:)

Poppe likes this.
  3. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

Yes, it's a sign. Go open loop, shut them off. Don't spend $ on sensors first. You'll be glad you did.

Poppe likes this.
  4. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

Why not take it to the dealer and have them read the code before you start throwing time and
    $$$ at it?

Paul

Poppe likes this.
  5. dududuckling

Because the dealer is 1.5-2.5 hours away from where I live depending on traffic. And my one-year warranty is up soon.

6. Kubbie

Kubbie Tuned and Synch'ed

But not yet. Make the trip and make them fix it.

roadscum and kiwi dave like this.
  7. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

It's 2 Years

dududuckling and Kubbie like this.
  8. Kubbie

Kubbie Tuned and Synch'ed

Forgot that part. Still has another year left... take it right to them!

dududuckling likes this.
  9. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

A 2.0 hour ride is just a short spin round the block.
    Most of us own motorcycles because we enjoy riding them …… even if it's only to the dealership for the warranty work we're entitled to. But hey, if you'd rather spend your time and you $$ hunting for a solution on your own that's OK with me.

Paul

dududuckling likes this.
  10. dududuckling

I understand but I work 3 jobs, 7 days a week. I love riding, but it has come down between work vs riding bike vs sleep. I don't have that much free time to go riding around the block, let alone taking time off work to fix the bike two hours away. For everything else, I bring it to a Guzzi guy (he is not a dealer, so can't scan the code) in town where the bike got fixed while I'm at work. When I bought this bike, it's simply as a tool for enjoyment during my commute to and from work and around town, the only time I get to relax and have fun for a bit.

I unplugged/replugged the battery on Friday and everything cleared away, except the CEL. I rode around town with the CEL on for a while. Then I decided to reset the digital clock again to the correct time and the CEL went away for good. It's been turned off ever since.

I try not to throw random parts to fix the CEL and would like to know what caused it. So I have decided to purchase an ECU reflash tool from Todd. While at it, I am going reflash with Todd's map, do the evap removal and SAS-Air-Block off, while being able to read the code if the CEL comes back on. Now I'm thinking about the GP megs. :)

V700Steve likes this.
  11. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

Glad to hear it's sorted out.

12. Katia

Katia Just got it firing!

I recently just had the same problem. The engine light comes up once in a while but the bike runs just fine.

13. Roose

Roose Tuned and Synch'ed

Check the gas you're dumping in.....mine hates Marathon/Speedway gas, yellow light within 50 miles....but loves Shell. Ran the Marathon gas out, and filled with Shell and the light went out in about 20 miles. Mileage was down about 10 miles per gallon too. And do buy the premium stuff.