• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2017 Moto Guzzi V7III Stone Check Engine Light

dududuckling

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi all,

I'm back with another problem - Check Engine Light on the speedometer came on this morning when it was cold and damp. I park my bike outside and have to wipe the mist off the bike every morning. Sometime it gets drenched in the rain too.

The bike has 2500 miles, about one-year of ownership to be exact. It still idles and rides fine, no loss of power, etc. I have unplugged the battery for 5 minutes, which reset everything except the CEL.

I made some calls and was told only Guzzi dealer has the tool to read the CEL code and the nearest dealer is 90 minutes away in Orange County, CA. I browsed through the forum and condensation on the oxygen sensor seems to be the most common issue.

I'm thinking of replacing the oxygen sensor and see if the CEL goes away. I'm thinking of buying one sensor, plug it to one side and see if the CEL goes away. If not, try the other side. I haven't come across both sensors fail at the same time. Otherwise, it is time for a trip to the dealer. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Because the dealer is 1.5-2.5 hours away from where I live depending on traffic. And my one-year warranty is up soon.
A 2.0 hour ride is just a short spin round the block.
Most of us own motorcycles because we enjoy riding them …… even if it's only to the dealership for the warranty work we're entitled to. But hey, if you'd rather spend your time and you $$ hunting for a solution on your own that's OK with me.

Paul

A 2.0 hour ride is just a short spin round the block.
Most of us own motorcycles because we enjoy riding them …… even if it's only to the dealership for the warranty work we're entitled to. But hey, if you'd rather spend your time and you $$ hunting for a solution on your own that's OK with me.

Paul

I understand but I work 3 jobs, 7 days a week. I love riding, but it has come down between work vs riding bike vs sleep. I don't have that much free time to go riding around the block, let alone taking time off work to fix the bike two hours away. For everything else, I bring it to a Guzzi guy (he is not a dealer, so can't scan the code) in town where the bike got fixed while I'm at work. When I bought this bike, it's simply as a tool for enjoyment during my commute to and from work and around town, the only time I get to relax and have fun for a bit.

I unplugged/replugged the battery on Friday and everything cleared away, except the CEL. I rode around town with the CEL on for a while. Then I decided to reset the digital clock again to the correct time and the CEL went away for good. It's been turned off ever since.

I try not to throw random parts to fix the CEL and would like to know what caused it. So I have decided to purchase an ECU reflash tool from Todd. While at it, I am going reflash with Todd's map, do the evap removal and SAS-Air-Block off, while being able to read the code if the CEL comes back on. Now I'm thinking about the GP megs. :)

Check the gas you're dumping in.....mine hates Marathon/Speedway gas, yellow light within 50 miles....but loves Shell. Ran the Marathon gas out, and filled with Shell and the light went out in about 20 miles. Mileage was down about 10 miles per gallon too. And do buy the premium stuff.

Back