• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber Foot Peg Position

GuzziHenry

Just got it firing!
Hi Forum:

Does anyone know if the factory installed foot peg position of 2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber is adjustable? I understand that foot pegs in 2017 and later V9 Bobber models have been set back 100mm (compare to 2016) but someone told me that they now come with factory installed adjustable pegs (3 positions). Is this information correct? If it is, is the adjustment so easy that anyone could do it or should I ask the dealership to make the adjustment if I buy one? I love the look of the Bobber but would feel most comfortable if the peg position was more Standard (like V7s). I searched the User Manual online but could not find any information on foot pegs. Thank you.

Your years are off... 2017 is the first model year, and the 17’s are offered a rearset kit. Supposedly the 2018 models had the revised placement, though I personally can’t verify it.
The non-adjustable rearset kit or revised positioning is still well forward of the V7. If you want to spend the money to do so, the V7 Mk III lower frame rails can be fitted along with (required) V7 rear brake lines. I’ve done this mod on my V9/7 rental; https://guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gtm-v9-7-for-sale.18995/ — which per the link, is for sale BTW.

Thank you, GT-Rx. Are you sure I got my years wrong? I obtained my info directly from Moto Guzzi’s website (see link below). In any event, if I am not mistaken, 2017 V9 Bobber’s foot pegs have been moved back 100mm (vs. 2016 model). What I wonder is if MG factory-installed 2017 (and later) models with adjustablle foot pegs that can easily be moved back even more.

Appreciate your feedback.

http://www.motoguzzi.com/ca_EN/moto/standard/V9/V9-Bobber/

Thank you, GT-Rx. Are you sure I got my years wrong?
Yes. From the link "The MY 2017 generation of the V9 Bobber..." MY stands for Model-Year. You can see the differences below. They offer a $464 rearset kit for the MY17 Bobber/Roamer:
V9 RearSetKit

MY17:

MY17 Bobber

MY18:

MY18 V9 Bobber

66370A55 ABC2 42AF BA11 8370814124E2 So you’re both not exactly right.
In Europe the bike was actually released in 2016, In 2017 I was given a choice... either the standard more forward control or a kit to move the rear brake and shifter back. I chose not to. I was able to test drive both choices. I chose the former because with the more sporty position there was more strain on my hips. Agostini recommended moving back because of my height. Another very important thing is that the position of the shifter height is adjustable. So for bigger guys I highly recommend getting it adjusted to fit your shoe size especially if you wear boots.

I’m attaching a pic of the kit

BTW they also included both types of seats to keep free of charge. The brake and shifter adjustments also free of charge.

Best
Mitch

In the US market, the Bobber/Roamer was only released in 2017. Same with the V7 III.
I know some dealers offered the kit for free... who knows if that is still the case as the dealers here come and go every year and don't know the brand very well.

Mitch and GT-Rx - Thank you. Really helpful information. Not sure how many 2017 V9 Bobbers were sold in the US (my hunch is not many) but it would be great to hear from other owners. I just have a hard time to understand how MG can officially list on their US website that 2017 (and later) models come with pegs that were set back 100mm and higher by 35mm if that’s not accurate. Last I checked, my title read 2017 Bobber, not 2016.

No worries just to be clear I would not try to install the kit yourself. If you’re in the States it would make sense it’s written 2017. I’m in Israel and basically Guzzi decided for 2017 the bike would basically remain the same but they included the brake and shifter kit free of charge and the new solo seat. I bought a 2017 model in 2018 so they took of around $2K off the price. The difference with the seat, peg position and of course the shifter height will all influence your riding comfort... good luck any more questions happy to help...
I absolutely love this bike!!!!!

Mitch

I recently purchased a leftover 2017 V9 Roamer.
It came from the factory with the "more forward" foot controls, and a "shoe box" with "European" set of foot controls.

These V9's were available in Europe in 2016 and came to the USA in 2017 as essentially the same bike. This is the source of some amount of confusion with aftermarket parts fitment. If I understand this correctly - the 2017 European model has the 2-up seat and the 2017 USA model is basically the 2016 European version.
33085048158_6126cd1aae_b.jpg

Back