• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2017 V7 III Special in blue-- waiting

lucydad

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
All,

While I was in Alaska swanning about my Houston MG dealer got the new Special ordered for me. We worked numbers for trading my 2012 V7R also. So, status now is waiting for estimated ship date. I am hoping MG Americas is organized. And, I am really looking forward to owning and riding the bike.

Does anyone know if the V7 III bikes include a USB port to connect a phone? I looked on specs and saw nothing other than the optional "technology" package. Yeah, pretty jazzed about a new bike.

No. Only on the V9, and even then they put it in a terrible position, under the front edge of the tank.
Best to put a Battery Tender lead on and get this; https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-081-0158-Disconnect-Charger/dp/B00DJ5KEF4/
Exactly! I use an SEA connector for the battery tender or place it in the tank bag/tail bag adding a USB adapter to keep my devices charged when travelling Also I can add an adapter to connect to my heated jacket liner. All can be ordered for the Powerlet company here: http://www.powerlet.com/

Paul

I actually purchased the Battery Tender charge adapter and finally got the chance to try it out last weekend on a day trip. Sadly though I wired it all up, plugged my phone in (which recognized there was a charger attached) but it would not actually charge my phone. I'm riding a 2016 V7II Stone, phone is a Samsung Note 5, and the usb cord I was using does indeed work. Anyone else use one of these? Haven't been able to check the actual output of the adapter yet, but it seems like I'm the only one with this problem looking at the reviews. I like being able to charge my phone on the bike, but can't see spending $80.00 on the official Moto Guzzi accessory, suggestions?

Rode my 2012 V7R to let sales manager check it out, his partner and co-owner and chief mechanic saw it, but not the final deal maker.
He loved the bike after a ride, and so yeah the deal is full-on. He called the Dallas distributor and he "thinks" a new blue Special should ship to Houston as soon as next week. He also said the V7 IIIs are selling quickly, and/or not enough shipped to USA: hard to get.

I asked why they wanted my bike so badly. Answer: co-owner lusting after it for personal bike, and they plan on customizing it with a lot of add-ons to help sell more accessories. He said "next time you see your bike you will want to buy it back". Anyway, great people, very professional and yeah I am looking forward to the Sapphire blue V7 III Special. It is crying out for Guzzitech cans....likely will happen after break in, also new mapping if available, maybe other bling.

Interestingly he said he had to ship back their 2017 VIII V7R to the distributor: bikes are not yet publicly available.

If ya check Cycle trader you'll find several V7 III's available in the US. I spoken to 3 dealers in the east about '17 Stones and Specials they have in stock.

I also know of a few dealers who aren't stocking '17 V7 Stones/Specials because the pricing of the '17's. Seeems the 17's are priced better then the '16 and they fear getting stuck with the leftover '16's they still have in stock...... even though Guzzi is offering incetives on '16's.

Paul

I'm excited for you JACoH!!! :clap::clap:
My Big Blu is a '15 GSA and I'm planning to add a Blu V2(special) soon. Every time I see a picture of Jacks bike I start to salivate, perspire , and tremble. :h: :giggle:

Paul

I actually purchased the Battery Tender charge adapter and finally got the chance to try it out last weekend on a day trip. Sadly though I wired it all up, plugged my phone in (which recognized there was a charger attached) but it would not actually charge my phone. I'm riding a 2016 V7II Stone, phone is a Samsung Note 5, and the usb cord I was using does indeed work. Anyone else use one of these? Haven't been able to check the actual output of the adapter yet, but it seems like I'm the only one with this problem looking at the reviews. I like being able to charge my phone on the bike, but can't see spending $80.00 on the official Moto Guzzi accessory, suggestions?
Check your polarity. Battery Tender cords are usually connected with the shield side to hot.
Warning: most of the SAE to coax and SAE to cig lighter adapters are wired for the opposite polarity. POS.

Back