• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2017 V7 III windscreen options ?

Kevin Ballowe

Tuned and Synch'ed
Just picked up a 2017 V7 III.

Been trying to research windscreens, but not finding anything except fly screens and I'd like to have something larger.

Anyone ?

Twisted Throttle.com lists one from Givi, that is a bit larger than the Dart Marlin, but it was backordered a few months ago when I was looking. I really like my Dart Marlin.

There does seem to be a dearth of good fairings for the V7 series bikes as yet. I did some looking for a frame mounted half fairing similar to what my LMV had; haven't found anything I like yet.

In the meantime, the Dart Piranha I fitted in place of the original number plate/fly screen is nicer looking and more effective despite its small size. I imagine the Marlin actually provides quite a lot of protection.

What about the LM1 fairing? "One day" I intend to put one on my V7iii. There are after-market copies fairly readily available if the oem price is too scary. Doesn't look too daunting.

The LM1 fairing isn't any great advance on the Dart Piranha I've already fitted, either for wind coverage or style-wise IMO. I was looking for a fairing that provided the improvements in stability and coverage on high speed cruise that the LeMans V type frame-mounted, rigid fairing affords. One possibility would be to adapt a LeMans V fairing ... although I was never all that delighted with the smallish rectangular headlight.

This is a low priority, future future idea ... I have other things on the plate for nearer term monkeying about. :D

What about this? It's for the V7, but I suspect it could be made to work.
Linky to purchase here.

Fairing.jpg

That one looks pretty nice, thanks for the link.

Biggest adaptation that comes to mind is that the V7II headlight bucket has the main fixing bolts in a different position compared to the V7III. the rest would take closer inspection of the bits... :)

OK, so a couple pics of the National Cycle "Deflector" shield mounted.
This shield functions better than I thought it would.
A bit more noise ad 50 mph and a bit less at 70 mph.
No buffeting (5'9" tall)

Hey Kevin;
How are you liking this setup? I have a V7 III Anniversario and am planning a couple week trip this upcoming summer and would like more protection than my Dart Marlin provides. I will have multiple 700KM days and want more of a break from the wind blast. I am 5' 11".

Also what is the diameter fo the bars, I cannot determine that online?

Thanks

I've got the Givi in the garage and I'm debating putting that on.
If/when I do, I'll see about posting a pic.

Not many pics aside from manufacturer's:

Givi_MotoGuzzi-V7-III-A8201A_A800N_MT504_SR8201_PL8201_DLM30A.jpg

Givi_MotoGuzzi-V7-III-A8201A_A800N.jpg

Update, 0829191553 Installed:

Last edited:
How is the buffeting and wind noise with the guzzi shield?
Pretty awful, I had the Sport shield and the buffeting was tremendous and noisy as well, I cut it down as much as possible but there was no improvement. I then ordered a custom screen from Gustaffson but it was also too noisy and I ended up cutting it down to flyscreen size. I also like the Givi flyscreen but I sold mine to buy another Les Paul. A387ED4C E900 4902 9D9A 503C4D539D64 02DB199E CC8A 4AAC B9BB A1206B9C55EA

Pretty awful, I had the Sport shield and the buffeting was tremendous and noisy as well, I cut it down as much as possible but there was no improvement. I then ordered a custom screen from Gustaffson but it was also too noisy and I ended up cutting it down to flyscreen size. I also like the Givi flyscreen but I sold mine to buy another Les Paul. View attachment 21417View attachment 21418
I have the same small Givi, and am surprised at the amount of air it moves. I want to try the bigger version that uses the same mounts to see how it works too.

WARNING! TLDR follows! :rolleyes:

=========

Few things seem to me to be as much of the YMMV sort as wind screens.

I prefer the naked look — in many things, including motorcycles :giggle: — but that is impracticable if one is a “serious” rider.

Yet, as evidence of the verity of my intro — not the statue! — I have to give a begrudging salute to the (mostly) Motor Company bikers who seemingly can go long distances on those machines sans w/s and ATGATT in all sorts of weather.

That’s not how I roll (literally).

Those of you who live where it’s grand weather year ‘round annoy me. ;) Most of us, however, live in temperate areas with seasons and wet stuff. Thus, if one can’t stand to get wet or cold, four wheels rather than two are a better choice. Accordingly, if one rides a motorcycle in such conditions, a w/s of some sort is, to me, essential. So, I “need” a w/s of some sort to ride safely and comfortably.

But, I have tried various w/s options over the years on all of motorcycles going back decades — Bill sighs wistfully as he recalls his several mid-’60’s Yamahas … along with other memories of those days. [Don't worry, Kathi … I refer, of course, only to cigar, beer, and sandlot baseball! :rofl:].

I have gone through umpteen and more OEM and after-market fixes. I do not think I exaggerate when I say not one of those umpteen+ did it all well. Some were worse than others with buffeting; others made some blind dates I had (back in those Yamaha days!) look like super models ;); still others — including, incredibly, at least one Guzzi OEM — did not quite fit the mounts. :swear:

But, from a functional point of view, I have come to realize — yes, a slow learner — that it I, not the w/s, that causes the dissatisfaction.

Size matters. No, not that(!), but overall height, trunk height, leg length, arm reach all affect how a w/s functions. Then add in speed, a given motorcycle’s ergo differences, helmet designs, brands, and styles, etc., after etc. It’s almost amazing that any w/s does it well.

I have pretty much given up on any w/s keeping me dry or warm. Happily, gear technical improvements have (almost) made rain-specific suits unnecessary. And, with the high-end textile gear and electrics — tho I have given up on the latter, too, for PITA reasons — riding in “reasonable” and safe (for tires) temperatures is the norm.

But, a w/s of the tiniest sort can not only protect the instrument pod, it can also stream the airflow in surprisingly effective and almost dramatic ways. The Dart Piranha and, especially, Marlin series do that for me. I have had zero buffeting or other issues with either. Haven’t tried the Classic model.

As for V7’s, my Stornello has a “built-in” fly screen. I bought my III from my brother who had a Marlin installed. And, while not quite naked, it works great to smooth the air, and it’s close enough to naked to still be fetching. As a certified wuss, I'll take a car if the weather is too bad.

Todd sells Dart in his store.

Yes, I suppose I could have said all of this with fewer words and, FTM, stopped after that first sentence. Sorry, but you were warned at the top. :party:

Bill

I have the Guzzi unit on my III and just use it in cooler weather. It keeps the wind off my jacket and seems to blow over the Helmut. I doubt it's been over 60MPH other than a pass or two. most ridding I do is mountains at 40-55 MPH so I can't speak to 70+. No, it's not worth the $ I got mine for about $125 used. worth that.
The only windshields I have felt were worth the $ is the Cal-si and V stream.

Back