Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

2021 Guzzi Wish List

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GTM®, Nov 6, 2020.

1. jwtucker

jwtucker V11 Sport 4 Life

Not holding my breath for a big-block sport bike out of them, but... would love to see a retro-inspired V85 LeMans. Something with elegant lines, that when you look at it you immediately recognize it at something Italian, and not a futuristic prop from a sci-fi B movie. I prefer my bikes to look like they were inspired by the form of a beautiful woman, and not like some sort of spindly insect.

__Jason

Ron S and GTM® like this.
  2. DeadEye

DeadEye Cruisin' Guzzisti

9C6865D5-32D7-4B23-B347-8786CA648D5A.jpeg I imagine everyone has already seen this ?

I don’t know If it would “Realy” be rideable...
    But it’s not an Abomination to look at ;/

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Mayakovski likes this.
  3. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Pretty to look at art project. Most of these "designer/builders" clearly don't ride. Even if it would run under it's own power... you have 1" of suspension travel before you start to destory body parts, and no one aside from someone with a 24" inseam could sit on the seat and put their feet on the pegs, seat to peg is likely ~12" or less. Top it off with (pretty much) bicycle wheels and tires, and no thanks.

Mayakovski likes this.
  4. DeadEye

I wouldn't say "It's Easy" to make Un-rideable art... It is interesting - but not practical.
    Where as - from what Ive seen of your customs - there Clean machines - where less is More !
    What could be done with a little V35 ?

Mayakovski likes this.
  5. GTM®

I never said easy. Metal-shapers are artisans. My points are all valid. I would put any of my builds up against all of these builds in real world riding any day. The one linked above is not ride-able, unless you count riding around the parking lot as riding. ;)
    Anything is possible with whatever model you'd like. Not sure how far you'd get with a V35, or why... but to each their own I guess.

6. DeadEye

The idea for a third bike would something in a Cafe Racer style, cheap plate below 400cc to put on the road, something to scoot around locally not all day rides and no gravel ;) !

Mayakovski likes this.
  7. pepin1234

pepin1234 Just got it firing!

Designers are motorcyclist too. I can’t tell a design is unrideable if I never test them or never have been officially tested.

Mayakovski likes this.
  8. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

Thank you for this. What a wonderful attitude. This is exactly why I got my Anniversario, I did not want the fastest, the sharpest handling or the lightest. I wanted and got the most fun.

pepin1234 and DeadEye like this.
  9. GTM®

All good. Time for me to walk away from this thread. Pic below of myself in between Miguel and his son (I'm ~6') at my shop, behind my supercharged build.
    You'll find my bio on this site in the Lounge section if you care to look. Enjoy the site.

MG-TE.JPG

Mayakovski likes this.
  10. DeadEye

Consider it my Dondolino or Poltrona ( with less power ) ;)

11. GTM®

Gotcha. Back in 2003, I raced (and won with) a very rare Dondolino (pic in my signature below). They are pretty special.
    I'll assume you mean an Airone or similar. Honestly you might have close to what an Airone would set you back, and you still have nothing no where as cool. ;)
    Anything is possible with $. Nothing I personally would want to tackle.

12. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Just to throw my two cents (tuppence, in real money :rofl: ) into the ring. My ideal build would be a GTM Bellagio, cruiser orientated with the option of dual or single seat, removable luggage such a H&B C-Bow and a detachable screen. Nothing fancy just practical and reliable.

13. DeadEye

D9D5B33E-8F05-4A7C-BDF2-BBD58A8AACE3.jpeg Indeed, but in another 20 - 40 years a V35 might be considered something special.

With more power I would just get into trouble faster.

There is an expression - it’s more fun to drive a Slow car fast, than drive a Fast car slow.

Mayakovski likes this.
  14. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

So very, very true.

15. SMTCapeCod

SMTCapeCod Mechanochondriasism GT di Razza Pura

Kindo a Husqvarna Svartpilen-isti?
    I find the simple lines and big black box more compelling than those design studies. But I'll be on petrol for a while to come based on pricepoints.
    tarform.com

Mayakovski likes this.
  16. DeadEye

26F11F6B-20F7-4244-B027-51579C41E9D1.jpeg
    That has some characteristics similar to this Custom Lotus Bike -the cowl hole ?

Mayakovski likes this.
  17. DeadEye

PS: I never really noticed the angle on the forks before , they are out there like a Chopper !
    That thing won’t turn for @#$&

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  18. Ron S

Ron S Just got it firing!

What is the reasonable limit of reliable horsepower and torque from the V85 engine? my Ducati 900CR is 75 hp at the rear wheel and is enough to have fun with.
    my 2017 Griso is faster and pulls harder, but they are both fun and the Duc has a different feel because it is about 100 lbs or so lighter.
    So a new version of the LeMans with a high performance version of the V85 engine and retro sport styling is what would interest me. The Bobber Sport is headed in the right direction but for me, is not there yet.
    Sportier (LeMans, retro sport) styling and better suspension/brakes with an uprated version of the existing engine might do it.
    Look at how successful Triumph has been with their Bonneville line.

Hippo-Drones likes this.
  19. GTM®

Are you asking about factory delivered power or aftermarket? Guzzi has maximized the small block about as much as possible, unless the bore is increased... Which is certainly something Guzzi would have the means to do. There’s a few dyno charts online that show ~5 hp gains with exhaust and fueling (below), so 65 stock up to 70 hp at the tire. In the V7 chassis, it would put it where most people want one. So sad to see the big block motor go away, but then there’s my GTM offerings to fill that void. We shall see what the future brings for Guzzi next year.

0F329BA6-DE71-406E-BF8F-7CBF28FD9868.jpeg

20. DeadEye

What does the plot look like for a V7 III with your map and an Free'er flowing exhaust ?
    Same ~ 5hp gain ?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020 at 1:37 PM