• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2021-on V85TT E5 Performance thread

I’m in for your header/y combo when available as a first step. 83+ hp all in is certainly impressive!
Thanks. They're ready order now, as we build them to paid order since I've had so little interest in them;

Overlays on the same '22 V85TT E5 bike below show a completely Stock bike but with Upmap & GTM SAS (67 hp/50 lb.ft - yellow/blue-grey trace), second is GTM Hdrs/Y with Stock muffler and opened air box lid with K&N, UpMap and custom mapped PC6 (77 hp/59 lb.ft - orange/purple trace) and Full GTM Exhaust System w/long muffler and opened air box lid with K&N, UpMap & Custom mapped PC6 (83.6/62.5 lb.ft - red/blue trace).
16.6 hp/12.5 lb.ft / ~20% gain for those not good with math. ;)
Enjoy.

9CE50948 EEEE 4263 91C3 AB7882DFC99B

It’s just because I’m on it right now I have to say… You guys, Todd gets around 💯crank hp out of a 853cc small block!!!! That is absolutely amazing! Without going into the internals, without bigger valves without higher compression, without big bore, without cam..
Just bolt-on Parts engineering/manufacturing and ECU reprogramming! That’s a heck of a lot more than 850 cc big blocks ever produced! One hundred HP 💯
Tip of the hat 🎩

It’s just because I’m on it right now I have to say… You guys, Todd gets around 💯crank hp out of a 853cc small block!!!! That is absolutely amazing! Without going into the internals, without bigger valves without higher compression, without big bore, without cam..
Just bolt-on Parts engineering/manufacturing and ECU reprogramming! That’s a heck of a lot more than 850 cc big blocks ever produced! One hundred HP 💯
Tip of the hat 🎩
holy smokes!
is that wheel or crank? either way its an impressive feat but unsurprising coming from Todd

Crank on the V85!!! Todd only posts rear wheel hp... and he posted the video on the dyno with the readout!
And I think 2 people responded to it... I would be pissed and devastated if I’m him..
Taking my ball and play somewhere else...
unless members here don’t know the difference between a spanner and paint brush I would have expected a lot more reactions!

Todd, when will E5 v85tt full systems be available again?
Direct email is always best as I can't possibly catch every post here... but I did catch this one. They are in production. The mufflers and Y-pipes have been done for some time. We were waiting on the new CNC flanges (to complete the headers) which arrived last week. Off to the anodizer this week, then weld the collars on when they get back. I can open up online orders if you are ready to secure one. We did only five full systems, two are spoken for, so three left.

Afternoon ladies and gentlemen, I am hoping for a little bit of expert advice I currently have a 2022 v85 travel with the following mods full arrow exhaust, K&N filter and a upmap T800 with appropriate map and (mistral velocity stack which is currently removed as I thought it could be causing the issue but has made no difference) The bike has developed a horrible bucking/stuttering at 3400~3500 at partial throttle but a hundred rpm above or below this issue does not occur. I intend to modify the airbox lid as per GTM’s post and have also just ordered one of the SAS block off kits but want to resolve this issue before I go adding an other variables into the mix any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Liam

Have the same issue but at 3000rpm, I'm thinking it's a rich issue as bucking, in my own experiences with bikes has mostly occurred with too much fuel. Best test is to do as GTM has done on top of the air box, mabye cut a hole the size of a appropriate rubber grommet so if it makes it worse for some reason you can plug it again. Really hope Upmap takes on Todd's tunes🙏

Just another theory here, now that the bike runs so much cooler, does that mean the standard plugs will now struggle? would this be causing the bucking issue as in can't burn the fuel properly at this point in the tune, most likely due to been overly rich?

If it was running good and now not, maybe it's a bike fault. Any error codes? Have you tried reinstalling the stock map to see if the problem goes away- this would most likely include or exclude the map. I understand that these bikes do not self learn so if this is something that developed since mapping and it was running ok then it's less likely the map I guess. Go thru the loom and check all the connectors for corrosion Personally I wouldn't change anything else on the bike til the issue was determined. However I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, hopefully someone else more qualified will be along to help soon

Thanks for your comments and suggestions Kurt, it would seem from my research on here and on the faceplate group that many who have the same / if not very similar setup with the EU map for full system without baffle experience this bucking...very much fuel related and my guess is too rich...will trial and error with more air in the airbox and if it makes it worse, we know it a lean issue rather than rich...ahh the joys...once again I really really really hope upmap take Todds maps🙏🙏

So a little update my issue seems to have resolved itself after about 1200 miles of riding, the only thing I changed was removing the airbox snorkels on my way down to the ferry for the TT and that seemed to improve the issue but not totally cure it so as suggested by other it appears to be a rich issue. As I have continued to ride the bike it constantly improved until a few days ago when it completely stopped and the flat spot in the revs disappeared. I still intend to fit the GTM SAS block off plates and open out the airbox more as per their suggestion for the mods I am running but that won’t be until I return home in

Last edited:
Hi Fluff,

I too am an owner of a 2021 E5 V85TT, and considering the Mistral big bore manifold kit. I am planning to add the air filter too.
Would you say it's made a difference in performance and keeping the engine a little cooler?
I too had a GS for a while, although that was also a great bike, the Guzzi feels a little more involving to ride ;)

thanks in advance
Mark

Hi Fluff,

I too am an owner of a 2021 E5 V85TT, and considering the Mistral big bore manifold kit. I am planning to add the air filter too.
Would you say it's made a difference in performance and keeping the engine a little cooler?
I too had a GS for a while, although that was also a great bike, the Guzzi feels a little more involving to ride ;)

thanks in advance
Mark
Hi Mark

I have got to get it on a dyno at some point I guess to quantify this, but it has made a significant difference to the motor, even running the stock can (for now) Low speed throttle response is now nigh on perfect, no real change to low end torque that I can detect, but it is stronger holding that right through the range, making it a little more linear in it's delivery, but holding it right through the rev range.

The motor seems, just on throttle response to be breathing much better, and it's running significantly cooler, plus there is no pool of heat from the enormous cat / collector soaking up my trouser legs on hot days :)

Looks wise, they look great and are superbly finished, noise wise with the stock can, it sounds much more like a Guzzi should, not loud and offensive, but full of bass with a lovely rumble.

It takes far longer to melt my butter for breakfast on the road with the Mistral headers fitted :)

20230426 121808221 iOS

thanks for the info Fluff, I like the butter comparison :). I'm told the cat. comes as part of the E5 kit, did you remove the cat too, or kept it "standard mistral" , thanks

thanks for the info Fluff, I like the butter comparison :). I'm told the cat. comes as part of the E5 kit, did you remove the cat too, or kept it "standard mistral" , thanks
I stayed "standard" Mistral, but to offset my polluting ways :) I sold my car last year :)

grand, thanks for the info, I'll think about ordering it direct from Italy in the not too distant future hopefully. Also considering their velocity stack to go with the DNA air filter..

Back