• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2021 V85 TT ECU Reflash

Countersteer

Just got it firing!
Hello, everyone! First post. 2021 V85 TT Adventure now with 750 miles on occasion suffers what feels like no throttle response off idle in first gear. I talked today with the service manager who says a re-flash is available, so I am hopeful that this issue can easily be resolved at the first service. Has anyone else with an E5 V85 TT had this problem and reflash performed? Did it resolve the issue?

I don't think I've heard anyone report this particular problem before... however, there's a chance that it could have something to do with traction control. If you have a problem either with tire pressure or with sensors, it could mistakenly think there is wheel spin happening, which would cut power. I would make sure you're not experiencing something like this. You may even want to carry out the traction control (MGCT) calibration steps that are described in the owner's manual, just to rule that out (after ensuring proper tire pressure, that is).

__Jason

I don't think I've heard anyone report this particular problem before... however, there's a chance that it could have something to do with traction control. If you have a problem either with tire pressure or with sensors, it could mistakenly think there is wheel spin happening, which would cut power. I would make sure you're not experiencing something like this. You may even want to carry out the traction control (MGCT) calibration steps that are described in the owner's manual, just to rule that out (after ensuring proper tire pressure, that is).

__Jason
Thanks, Jason, for that thought, which I had not considered. I will read through the calibration procedure. I have not actually tried to troubleshoot, myself, but have simply been riding, collecting experiences, counting on the first service to resolve. Quite often but not always this happens during a left turn, never, yet, to the right. But it does happen running straight. Often, three attempts are necessary to regain throttle response. This is my 5th Guzzi through the years, and I have handled nearly all service tasks in the past, but I've never had a Guzzi with so many sensors and throttle by wire.

Thanks, Vagrant! I have not yet looked into the traction control but will do so. My approach has been to reflash, first. I was waiting until the 900-mile service to do that since I am 73 miles from the dealership. With grim weather forecast for the next week, I decided to go ahead with a reflash and to do the initial service myself, since there would not be time to have the full service done at the dealership and get home before sunset.

So, yesterday, the service manager at Gateway Cycles reflashed the ECU and calibrated the throttle, no fault codes. He said if the problem continues to call and he will order a replacement throttle. Bike ran perfectly on the 73-mile return that included about 22 stops, pulling away in first gear, with no loss of throttle. When I got home I changed oil/filter, tranny and final drives fluids. Today I am checking valve lash and resetting the shift light now that I have 900 miles on the engine. I do think the engine seems smoother puilling away from a stop. I hope to get some miles in before the next road treatment/snow event to see if the throttle continues to work properly. By the way, transmission did have the correct .7L gear lube. I also was concerned about that after reading that some bikes have shipped with not enough gear lube.

For those who have read my post regarding this concern, valve lash was correct at 900-mile initial service, now complete. With over 200 miles since re-flash of ECU and NO recurring dead throttle issue or stumbling, perhaps the lack of throttle response off idle has been resolved. Since no one has echoed this concern, I guess my bike's glitch was unique.

Back