• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2nd - 6000 miles service.

mikeaedmonds

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi Guys, I just had my touring to the dealership for the second servicing at the 6000 miles interval. I did not leave there with a warm fuzzy or any confidence in their knowledge. I have a few questions someone may be able to answer? The servicing was the 6k or 2nd minus the engine oil and gearbox oil as i did that myself after the winter at about 5200 miles. The cost was for 3 hours shop labor, this seems on the high side as the charge was $120 per hour. Second, i asked about an engine mapping update, i dont know if it has been released yet or not, however i remember reading about it some-place that it was released by Guzzi. Do anyone know of this? Lastly, i asked them to look at the front brakes as i am getting a noticeable pulse through the bars and to replace the heat-shield screws. Well either of those were done. I am not happy with this dealership...
Issue is that i dont have any option as this is the closest dealership to me and i have to drive 1hr and get a 1.5 hr ferry ride as well to Vancouver. I am considering travelling to Seattle from now on.

Thanks

120/hr is very high. My dealer ( who is, like yours, <grumble,grumble>, 1 hour away) charges 88/hr.
Yes a new mapping is available ( a review of the new Audace model mentions it ). My dealer downloaded it into my bike and it fixed the abruptness in Sport mode. They told me they check for new software updates at every service.
Somewhere else on this site someone metioned that the pulsing on the front brakes was being caused by build up on the rotors from the pads. Anyone have more details?

My brakes were warped, checked by the dealer and covered by Guzzi. It took 4 months to get the approval.
I feel the mechanic makes or breaks the feeling at the dealer. I go to All Seasons in Wooster, Ohio. The previous service manager there when I had my Norge made me avoid the dealership. The new guy there loves Guzzis and while everything is not perfect he makes me feel like he appreciates me coming in and he likes the bike.

Last edited:
If you changed the fluids, what did they do for three hours?
It sounds like you may want to consider MI. A good dealer is very important to a happy Guzzi experience.

Does anybody know when the latest map update was released? I had mine updated last summer. Since it is 1-1/2 hours of boring highway riding to get to my dealer I try to limit the number of times I go. I am going Thursday (July 16) to pick up my new 50L trunk so I just did the 12k tune at 11,600 miles so I could have the service light reset at the same time. I am figuring on a map upload also if there is a newer one.

The dealership I went to, point blankly told me there was no update released as of yet. I didnt really feel confident in his answer however, i do not know if Guzzi has released a fueling update.

I just had mine in today because the Cruise Control wasn't working.
The rear brake pedal was slightly out of adjustment keeping the brake light on.
The Tech also downloaded an update.
I purchased my bike 6/15/15.

Hi Guys, I just had my touring to the dealership for the second servicing at the 6000 miles interval. I did not leave there with a warm fuzzy or any confidence in their knowledge. I have a few questions someone may be able to answer? The servicing was the 6k or 2nd minus the engine oil and gearbox oil as i did that myself after the winter at about 5200 miles. The cost was for 3 hours shop labor, this seems on the high side as the charge was $120 per hour. Second, i asked about an engine mapping update, i dont know if it has been released yet or not, however i remember reading about it some-place that it was released by Guzzi. Do anyone know of this? Lastly, i asked them to look at the front brakes as i am getting a noticeable pulse through the bars and to replace the heat-shield screws. Well either of those were done. I am not happy with this dealership...
Issue is that i dont have any option as this is the closest dealership to me and i have to drive 1hr and get a 1.5 hr ferry ride as well to Vancouver. I am considering travelling to Seattle from now on.

Thanks

Mike, I think to change the differential fluid, they have to remove the rear wheel--not that small a job--especially if the factory didn't grease the rear spline which makes the wheel hard to get off (mine was dry). I got a new tire just before my 6K service and, since the wheel was off anyway, I had them change the fluid.

Don, they didnt have the wheel off or change the diff oil. I dont think that oil change is not required until the 20 or 30k interval. I will not be returning to that dealership.

Don, they didnt have the wheel off or change the diff oil. I dont think that oil change is not required until the 20 or 30k interval. I will not be returning to that dealership.

Mike, it was a small price to pay since the wheel had to come off anyway to change the tire.

Back