• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

3rd Annual Visalia Not A Rally April 12-14, 2013

mwest

Tuned and Synch'ed
The weekend of April 13-14 has been set for the 3rd Annual Visalia Not A Rally hosted by David and Jamileh Pott. Come see the beautiful Sierra foothills in spring and ride some of the best roads in the state. Sure it may be cold riding over and it may even snow on you but it's all worth it once (if) you get there.

Activities include Friday nite Pizza and libations at the Pott home. Expect to pitch in $20.00 to contribute to the group dinner/drinks. Saturday will involve riding most of the day and the route will be selected by the hosts based on weather and whatever they think will be fun for the group. There may also be a visit to a motorcycle museum or collection, but nothing set on that as of yet. For folks who don't need to head home Sunday, there is usually a small group ride but depends on interest.

There are also opportunities to join up with others heading to/from Visalia so if you're interested, post to the group and see who you can meet up with.

This being a NAR, you are responsible to make your own lodging arrangements but some rooms have been reserved at the Lamplighter with a special $59.00 room rate overlooking the parking lot. To reserve a room call 800-662-6692 and ask for the "Guzzi NAR" rate. http://www.lampliter.net/for more info on the lodging.

Some teaser pics from prior years

snorcalnar2011022.jpg

snorcalnar2011017.jpg

img0164sm.jpg

img0175r.jpg

img0195ny.jpg

img0185gz.jpg

I've already committed to sharing a room at the Lamplighter, and am planning on leaving home Friday (the 12th) around noon.

Me too, I'm with Mike (Mohawkeye). And Mark, I was going to post about the rally, but glad you did it first. Much better job than I would have done. Let's hope we don't have the weather issues we had last year-namely snow going through the Grapevine. Course, it all worked out very well in the end, namely two NAR's for the price of one.

Got my room.

I had a great time last year, even with snow in Tehachapi and being soaked from Bakersfield on. Plan to be there sometime on Friday.

Keith

Hey Raf. Would love to ride with you guys. What time do you expect to be coming through Hollister? Have you been on Hare Rd before? I haven't for a few years, but if it hasn't been worked on expect horrendously bad pavement. Makes Indian Valley look like super slab.

Just made my reservation for the 12th & 13th at the Lamplighter. I won't be able to leave the LA area till around 3PM on Friday so I'll miss out on the Friday festivities but I'm looking forward to the ride on Saturday.

Really looking forward to meeting this group!

Robert

Ok, I'm in. Got our plane tickets, haven't got reservations at the lamplighter yet, though. I'll get on that. I was born in Bakersfield, did a google maps search, and I'm going to check out where mother and my (considerably) older sister were staying at that time on the way up. :D And.. the maternity home a couple of blocks away.
Looks like there were 2 Scuras there last year.. maybe we can make it a Scura NAR? :shock:

Looking forward to seeing everyone here in April - I'm sure it'll be fun no matter what Mother Nature dishes out, as usual.....
I will add 5 more rooms to the block under "Guzzi NAR" first thing tomorrow, so don't worry about not having enough rooms - there will be plenty. It's a sizeable motel; also, the parking is very handy for motos....
Also, the motel is like 5 mins from our house, so even if you don't get into the motel till 6-7 PM Friday, it would be very easy to join us for pizza and hydration. And we'll have 4-wheel vehiculars for nighttime transport. Easy-peasy...

mwest said:
Hey Raf. Would love to ride with you guys. What time do you expect to be coming through Hollister? Have you been on Hare Rd before? I haven't for a few years, but if it hasn't been worked on expect horrendously bad pavement. Makes Indian Valley look like super slab.

Sorry for the delay.

We should be in Hollister at 7:45 am. Depart at 8:00am.

Here's google map link: http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=3...04305,0.005681&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=18&z=17

Think we'll stay on Indian Valley Rd.

Edit: Changed meeting time. Provided map link.

A group from the greater SF Bayarea are riding down to Hwy 58 x 101 to drive 58 E. We're having lunch in Paso Robles Subway sandwich shop at 1759 Ramada Dr. We'll arrive around 11:30 am +/- No departure time is set but I imagine we'll be there for 45 minutes. If any of you SoCal guys was to ride up and meet us, you're more than welcome.

Well I may not be going now (sigh). My daughters due date is the 17th, and my wife is thinking it may not be a good idea to be that far out of town. I told her I could be back in town around four hours! My only hope is she has the baby before the 12th.

I'm going to hold off canceling the room for a while though ... hey it could happen. If I do cancel I will let everyone know in case you need a room at the Lamplighter.

Robert

I miss the trip last year as my construction project drag on longer then anticipated but the schedule is all clear this year so I'm IN :laugh: I plan to meet up with Mike but anyone around the Fullerton area in Orange County that's is going, I'd love meet up and go as a group.

did a little scouting ride today - conditions below 4-5000' are looking very good. weather report looks good. the backroads await you all.....

Attachments

• IMG_6312.JPG
    IMG_6312.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 463
The weather forecast looks great this year! Can't wait - see y'all there and some of yo on the road. Looks like our bay area group will be around 11 people.

Back