• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

4V recall info - READ

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Seems the "legal" force at Piaggio is making the World circle and cracking down on those who are trying to help them, Feel free to mail them direct and let them know your thoughts if you disagree that this info should be made and kept public.

Re: TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION GUZZI TECH SITE

Dear sirs,

with this mail i ask in an official way to remove immediatly from this web site this link with his technical communication (refered to engine 8V update) and all other technical communications still present on it.

These technical documents are available on our service portal and they have been managed only by our net.

Tehy are reserved documents protected by copy right....It appears very heavy that they can stay free on all web sites.

We have already contacted other sites (for example Anima Guzzista and Guzzi Tek) for some issue. They have already removed all our private info.

On the contrary my department will commission the task to our lawyers in order to defend our rights.

Regards

Luca Stasi - luca_stasi@motoguzzi.it
Technical department Piaggio Group - Moto Guzzi

On the positive side does this mean that Piaggio are reading these forums and finding out what owners really think?

guzzirider wrote:
On the positive side does this mean that Piaggio are reading these forums and finding out what owners really think?
Uh, that would be NO. I'm sure it started at Anima, and they followed all of the referals to get to us.

Besides, I think that recall information is public domain and they probably don't have any legal ability to go after anyone.

GrahamNZ wrote:
What is the problem with the 8V motors?
Graham, you missed that whole thread I take it? Many of the early Stelvio and Griso 8V's have had top end failure mainly in the top end. Improperly hardened lifters (and perhaps cams) were found to be at fault. Roper's notes/pictures on it still reside here in this Forum heading.

StormShearon wrote:
Besides, I think that recall information is public domain and they probably don't have any legal ability to go after anyone.
Their claim is that the "fix" (text and words) is copyrighted.

Well All I can say is if anyone wants the file, and any other Pdf manuals etc - they can email me and I will send it to them!

Oztralia doesn't (yet) have such a litigous attitude, and indeed if they went to see an Aussie lawyer I recon the advice would be to "go home and don't be such a bunch of high and mighty prics".

I think Guzzi will shoot themselves in the foot with this one. With their lack of dealers and Piaggio not supporting the few dealers they have, owners must, for the most part, fend for themselves. If resources were to dry up, there would be many broken Guzzis around, and who would want one. If we lose access to needed information, we might as well get Hondas.

I suppose they were not amused that the info was so early known. People over the world were asking dealers questions they didn't had answers for. And even now they have problems getting parts to dealers, as I read in different forums.
I don't know if it is illegal to link to a document on a website that owns the document, I see no legal problem in that. That is the case when linked to the original document.

And as English isn't my native language, but can somene explain this sentence:

It appears very heavy that they can stay free on all web sites.

I hope they don't need a translation program to write in English.

Anyway, what interests me most is: what is the real problem with tappets/cams, how is it solved?
And why do only a part of the engines have it?
Piaggio invested a lot of money in the engine, that looks to be the engine for all big Guzzis in short time. Guzzi owners are mostly people who don't like to modern things. So if Piaggio isn't solving this 100% in short time, a lot of image damage will be done. Who buys a bike when you don't trust the engine? It took 10 years to get people used to Fuel Injection.
The other thing that comes up again and again, is the "missing" low end torque. I know it is pure a feeling, because on the dyno, it does better then the old engine also in low revs. I don't know what is needed to get that feeling back, other injection map, or cams or both?

Hey Todd,

Maybe its the long winter... maybe its my intolerance of officious BS... But that message chapped my ass!

I sent off an email to Piaggio (forwarded a copy to you) that I used Google translator to transcribe to Italian followed by the original text in English so as not to be misunderstood.

Not an aggressive message... just told them in a friendly way I thought it was wrong and why. Feel free to share it if needed, as I don't copy-write content;)

If we were half as scared of problems as they would seem to think, we'd never throw a leg over a bike!

Dunno what these tools are going on about. It's listed as a public document on the website.

Like I give a shit. I can get by quite happily without the factory, their website or any of their other shit.

Fucking retards.

Pete (signing out again.)

Are they now going to get heavy about the workshop manuals and parts lists too?

I do note that the workshop manuals are marked "not for resale" but of course, apart from the clowns on Ebay, we are not selling them are we.:angry:

There's the old Pete we kmow and love , just signing in again to spread more foul mouthed language.
Probably gone sulking again as Guzzi didn't consult him.

Moderators........my son reads this site, please tug Pete's leash.........no more f words with out the bleeps

Unless your son is home schooled, does not go on the internet and only goes outside to attend church, he's heard much worse than an occasional f-word....
just sayin...

Good to see your post pete

Hi Gang

Tut Tut It appears we have upset Luigi:laugh: What a shame:laugh:
I say serves him bloody right for product testing on his clients:)

Welcome back Pete;) nice to see your posting again.

Loftyjohn

Back