• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

50L Top Box Install

CC Rider

Just got it firing!
I am hoping someone can help me out with a small Top Box issue. I just installed the new Top Box bracket on to my California luggage rack as per OEM instructions. But my Top Box will not click into place on the bracket. It seems to be seated OK at the back of the bracket, it just won't fit into the front slot.

Looking forward to the responses.

Cheers

Dave (CC Rider)

Dave,

I don't really know what to tell you. Mine plopped right in, no trouble. I slide mine onto the nubs at the front of the base with the rear tilted up. Then when the nubs in the front are engaged, I gently press down on the top at the rear of the box. It snaps into place.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply Dave. I will try engaging the Box in the front first and then push down on the back.

Dave

Thanks for the quick reply Dave. I will try engaging the Box in the front first and then push down on the back.

Dave

I just tried mine. I reminded myself that I slid the box in almost horizontally to engage the front nubs. I had the key in the lock in the RELEASE position as I slid the box on. When I pushed down on the top (rear) of the box it popped into place and the key returned to the center position.

The box release is kind of funky. When you turn the Key to RELEASE it appears that the piece of plastic with the lock in it falls down. It does. It is designed to work that way, as strange as it may seem.

I just tried mine. I reminded myself that I slid the box in almost horizontally to engage the front nubs. I had the key in the lock in the RELEASE position as I slid the box on. When I pushed down on the top (rear) of the box it popped into place and the key returned to the center position.

The box release is kind of funky. When you turn the Key to RELEASE it appears that the piece of plastic with the lock in it falls down. It does. It is designed to work that way, as strange as it may seem.

I have tried it both ways; slide it front to engage the nib and latch and push down on the rear with no success, and I have tried sliding the rear in first and push down on the front with no success. There doesn't seem to be enough clearance. The instructions confirm what you say.

Attachments

• DSC_0245.JPG
    DSC_0245.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0244.JPG
    DSC_0244.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0246.JPG
    DSC_0246.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0247.JPG
    DSC_0247.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 29
I have been getting some help from my Ontario Guzzi folks and we still can't figure out why mine isn't latching. The Tob Box is not seating back far enough into the bracket.
Here is a video I took in response to a helpful video from a fellow troubleshooter in the Ontario Guzzi chapter.

I have not checked for rough edges or extra plastic on the bracket to prevent it from seating all the way.

Cheers

Thanks Dave. I have pushed/slid the Box all the way into those slots (see video) and it still won't catch in the front. I am going to remove the bracket and try on the Box off the bike. At least I can look at it from direct angles. That's next weekend's task.

Thanks Dave. I have pushed/slid the Box all the way into those slots (see video) and it still won't catch in the front. I am going to remove the bracket and try on the Box off the bike. At least I can look at it from direct angles. That's next weekend's task.

I'm sure you'll get it. My California Custom already had the top box on it but it was still difficult for me to figure out how it worked. GIVI has a MUCH easier to use mount. I do wish that MG used them as a source rather than SHAD.

Hi Dave, here's a photo of mine mounted, it should be flush with the rack at the back, no gaps, in the video it looks like yours maybe a little bit forward.
John

Attachments

• IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0588.JPG
    IMG_0588.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 13
You have to install the tabs near the seat first. Looking at your photo the opening for the latch appears to be facing rearward while the latch itself looks to be facing forward. Are you sure the latch at the back of the rack is installed correctly. The latch on the trunk has to hook into the opening on the tab on the rack.

All is good with the trunk. It just took an extra muscle to seat it properly. Thanks to all for you helpful hints and encouragement.

Back