• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

56 Falcone

FrostBittenCanadian

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Saw this Falcone (56) last night in Woodbridge Ontario, at the Alfa Romeo Club of Canadas cruise night. Man who owned it sold it while I was talking to him.
FBC

DSCF0682.JPG

Hmmm Looking at thepicture of the 52 Astore maybe it's an Astore, I might possibly be full of s!@#, Who can tell me? Anyone?
FBC

FBC,
Judging by the components it really looks like a mid 50`s Falcone Tourismo. The Astore model evolved into the Falcone Tourismo right around 53/54 and the Astore name was then dropped. At that time the original Falcone with all of the same equipment was then called the Sport. Lots of little differences ! I believe the other posted bike is a 52 Falcone, not an Astore based on the trim, appearance and components. They are all fun bikes to ride and wrench on !
Hope you arn`t burning up in Canada, understand it`s been really warm up there.
Bill

Do you know how much it went for? Interested as I just bought a 56 Falcone Sport! I am located in Toronto and in this neck of the woods its been a pretty cool summer.... in BC thats another story.

Ta,

ChrisR

5154: I didn't catch the model name from the gentleman who owned it but when I looked it up I figured it was a Falcone, like I said when I saw the other post I was no longer so sure, Thanks I'm going to research it further 'cause now it's bugging me! LOL. I did catch the year and it was a 56. Chris I did hear the price 15,500 cdn.
FBC

If it is 56 it is definitely falcone.

I am a neophyte when it comes to falcone's - this is my first one - but it looks to me like a Falcone Turismo. If anyone has a scan of a parts book/manual I would be much obliged.

From what I know:

Turismo has steel rims, sport aluminum

Brake pedal is forward on the turismo and operates through a bell crank - the sport pedal pivots around the kickstart

Handlebars are back and higher on turismo

Speedo is chromed on turismo, black on sport?

Muffler mount is different

Turismo came with a luggage rack?

The mounting of the toolbox looks weird - it normally? mounts so that the bottom is symmetrical with the upper leg of the damper.

The bike appears to be fitted with a nuovo falcone air filter? Not a bad mod.

Ta and if you are downtown my sport will be sitting in my wife's restaurant at 1178 Queen West until I have time to take it apart. We hope to be opening in few weeks.

Ta,

ChrisR

The tool boxes are mounted forward from their normal location, the bracket that they stand on top of is missing. The rear fender was bobbed quite a bit which makes the boxes really look out of place. Speedos were optional equipment on Falcones, at least in the 50`s. I`ve seen several different styles as they were updated thru the years to different housings etc. This bike has the early telescopic speedo drive, oddly it`s mounted on the left leg, never seen one set up that way before, the drive gear presses onto the right side drum, under the backing plate with a little window for the 90 degree geared adapter drive to pass thru. Not too many folks turn a sport into a tourismo, so the smart bet would be that this model is a tourismo, it has all the correct components of one.

Chris, I have a english translation of the original handbook, full of good maintenance and tuning info. Also have some misc parts as does Paul at MotoGuzzino.com in California.

Howdy!

My bike in fact comes from Paul! He gave me an italian owners manual which is fine as I can do italian. I would like the shop and/or parts manual if anyone has a copy - Paul is out of stock on them. I gather he must be on vacation as he has not responded to my offers to pay him for some parts!

Kudos to Paul - he was very helpful getting me the right paperwork to import it into Canada and the bike is at least cosmetically better than described. Very straight up - indeed he talked me out of buying a lot of bits! I will find out what the whole story is when I get some time to take it apart but much of it seems in good nick.

PS tried to attach a photo but it doesn't seem to let me - is there a max size or file type? File is only 256K. First time it just sat loading for ever.

Pic attachments are limited to 800 x 800 and 150000 KB. Largely it's the DPI/screen resolution that stops it (larger then 72 dpi). Feel free to send it to me full size to post for you, via direct e-mail to; Todd at GuzziTech.com

PS tried to attach a photo but it doesn't seem to let me - is there a max size or file type? File is only 256K. First time it just sat loading for ever.

Christofero wrote:
Per above, 800x800 and 150K. Looks like you got it though.
VERY nice... I don't think I've ever seen a black one, original paint or not. Thanks for posting.

Paul tells me it is a 'Shaggers' bike which was apparently a post war american delivery company. Special order from the factory?

The paint has a nice patina and will be left as is.

The more I look it at it the more I appreciate how smart the designers were - rising rate rear suspension, inverted forks, dry sump motor. It is a really neat and serviceable design. The shifter mechanism and kick start are brilliantly simple and easy to access.

The CofG is beautifully low. Feels like a pair of finely made old italian shoes

The main weakness I can see is the friction dampers and brakes - anyone ever add a proper coil over damper in the spring box? Ooops - I promised not to modify this one.

ChrisR

Thanks Chris; I haven't had time to look into it further as of yet but initially I figured it was a Falcone. The picture of the Astore confused me as I didn't find any pics of Astores with that type of rear suspension? I work downtown (foot of Bathurst st.) I'll have to go by one of these mornings on my way home from work and take a look see. Nice!
FBC

Back