• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

60L Top Case?

roadventure

GT Reference
Who out there has the 60L Moto Guzzi California Top Case? If you do, can you post some pictures of the interior?
  • Interior with nothing inside
  • Interior with two full face helmets
  • view from beneath when mounted on rack
What about those reflectors on the rear. Are they actually reflectors, or are they lights?

Thanks in advance!

Who out there has the 60L Moto Guzzi California Top Case? If you do, can you post some pictures of the interior?
  • Interior with nothing inside
  • Interior with two full face helmets
  • view from beneath when mounted on rack
What about those reflectors on the rear. Are they actually reflectors, or are they lights?

Thanks in advance!
P1070317 P1070318 P1070320 P1070323

The lid does not close with our helmets inside.
The top case is bolted to the rack with four bolts, with rubber insulation between the gelcoat and the steel rack.
The reflectors are secured in their recesses with double sided tape.
The lining is a spray on flock material. A rubber mat is supplied. (In photo).

Stephen

Stephen,

Thank you for the photos.

The "official" description states:

"For California 1400 Touring and Custom. This official Moto Guzzi accessory has room for two full face helmets and features a velvet inner liner to prevent damage to sensitive items. The box lid is held up by a single hydraulic strut and features two key operated latches"

Based on your pictures it seems to not be very accurate. Although, to be fair, it does not state that the lid will close with the helmets inside. :oops:

Dave

It also depends on the helmets. I have a new Nolan N104 which does not fit in my top boxes with the lid closed. But N102 & N103 versions no problem. The difference between helmet manufacturers will vary as well.

Stephen,

In one of your photos I see you have some LED lights mounted under your top case. I am doing something similar and was wondering if you could help me locate where to tap into the running/brake light wiring.
  • What wire colors are the running light and the brake light wires?
  • Where did you tap into those wires?
Thanks for your help!

Dave

Stephen,
  • What wire colors are the running light and the brake light wires?
  • Where did you tap into those wires?
Dave

Hello Dave,

I fitted Hyperlites because they take a switched 12v feed from the bike
and use another wire to detect when the brakes are applied, and
a control module to flash the Hyperlites.

I tapped the wires under the fender a few cm from where they
enter the right hand brake/tail/indicator light. I used Positaps
and have sealed the connections to prevent water entry.

According to my notes, 12v- is blue, 12v+ is yellow/green.
I tapped the switched 12v+ under the left side cover,
at the connector used for the alarm system.
Switched 12v+ is green/black.

The Hyperlites are very bright.
Their position does not spoil the look of the bike.
They actually create a triangle of light with the stock fittings,
that I think looks great.
I fitted them after a 2,500km trip, when my brother, who followed on his bike,
told me that unless he was actually looking when the brake lights
on the 1400 lit up, he didn't notice them.

Stephen

Back