Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

750T Running Lean!

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by Sim0n, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Sim0n

Sim0n Just got it firing!

Hi. I am struggling to get my 750T running. It starts and idles fine on new plugs but after a mile it cuts out, plugs are black and it fails to start.

I have replaced the following:
    - All jets and carb gaskets
    - Choke plunger

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

2. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Black plugs mean rich. My guess is the choke is not working properly allowing too much fuel and not enough air for a clean burn.

3. Sim0n

The choke cables appear to be moving and it's set with enough clearance for the plunger to shut the choke off. I've put in a new choke plunger return spring as well.
    Would there be a way to test this?

4. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Also check the plunger. There is a rubber section and the bottom that may be damages causing excess fuel. I'm not familiar with a 750T, could it be an 850T? The 850T I had didn't have a cable control for the enriching jets, just individual flip levers at the carbs.
    [​IMG]

5. Sim0n

Thanks John, I shall check the distance again. A new rubber insert came fitted in the new plunger so hopefully it shouldn't be that. The 750T was a UK only limited run. I believe its pretty rare so would love to get it running.

john zibell likes this.
  6. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT di Razza Pura

I would make sure float is set and not too high. 23.5mm-24.5 for the stock VHB
    Make sure breather hole isn't plugged.
    Could even be timing. Make sure advance works in distributor.

john zibell likes this.
  7. Sim0n

The breather in the fuel tank? I have not checked that!
    Float heights and timing have been checked. The ignition advance is electronic as well which seems to be working OK.

Thanks again for the help.

8. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT di Razza Pura

Breather on side of carb. How about the oring on the choke jet? Seals fuel in float bowl, goes in little hole on corner of bowl. It'll run rich if not sealed. There is a thin one on the cap by the flipper too, it needs to seal also.
    If you have a 60 pilot jet the mix screws should be around 1-1 1/2 turns out, smaller the jet=more turns.