Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

750T Running Lean!

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by Sim0n, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Sim0n

Sim0n Just got it firing!

Hi. I am struggling to get my 750T running. It starts and idles fine on new plugs but after a mile it cuts out, plugs are black and it fails to start.

I have replaced the following:
    - All jets and carb gaskets
    - Choke plunger

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

2. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Black plugs mean rich. My guess is the choke is not working properly allowing too much fuel and not enough air for a clean burn.

3. Sim0n

The choke cables appear to be moving and it's set with enough clearance for the plunger to shut the choke off. I've put in a new choke plunger return spring as well.
    Would there be a way to test this?

4. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Also check the plunger. There is a rubber section and the bottom that may be damages causing excess fuel. I'm not familiar with a 750T, could it be an 850T? The 850T I had didn't have a cable control for the enriching jets, just individual flip levers at the carbs.
    [​IMG]

5. Sim0n

Thanks John, I shall check the distance again. A new rubber insert came fitted in the new plunger so hopefully it shouldn't be that. The 750T was a UK only limited run. I believe its pretty rare so would love to get it running.

john zibell likes this.
  6. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

I would make sure float is set and not too high. 23.5mm-24.5 for the stock VHB
    Make sure breather hole isn't plugged.
    Could even be timing. Make sure advance works in distributor.

john zibell likes this.
  7. Sim0n

The breather in the fuel tank? I have not checked that!
    Float heights and timing have been checked. The ignition advance is electronic as well which seems to be working OK.

Thanks again for the help.

8. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

Breather on side of carb. How about the oring on the choke jet? Seals fuel in float bowl, goes in little hole on corner of bowl. It'll run rich if not sealed. There is a thin one on the cap by the flipper too, it needs to seal also.
    If you have a 60 pilot jet the mix screws should be around 1-1 1/2 turns out, smaller the jet=more turns.