Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

87 Le Mans 1000 SE

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by romerider7, Aug 4, 2020.

1. romerider7

romerider7 Just got it firing!

I recently bought an 87 Le Mans 1000 SE. Love the bike and looking to learn more here. I understand it to be in the V7 family, near the end of that run. None of the forum headings seem to specifically include my bike. I am a long time Aprilia rider and accustomed to a little Ital/Eng confusion. But "Loop and Tonti", really? Do I need to get my hands on the official design and development bible to decipher the code? For now I'm only interested in information on the 1000 Le Mans. Thanks everyone!

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

That bike is actually not in the V7 family, but in the Tonti frame family as that is the frame type. The main difference with the SE and other 1000cc LeMans bikes is that the Gearbox is a closer ratio box than the standard 5 speed so acceleration can be a little quicker.

3. romerider7

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. It is a little confusing ,but "quirky" is one of the qualities I found appealing about MG

4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

First, congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia.
    I would recommend getting a Guzzi book by Ian Falloon, and reading up on the history. It's really fascinating.
    If nothing else, Google and Wiki can get you in the ballpark.
    Love if you would add your info to the Registry here as well; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/bb-tonti-registry-and-pic-thread.12601/

5. romerider7

Thank you! I will be taking some pictures of her Friday. I'll post and register soon after that. She's a real beauty!

GT-Rx® likes this.
  6. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Yes they are beautiful and fun to ride. I got to ride one on some twisties and had a great deal of fun.