• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

8v recal is there

JUst got my letter directly from Mandello this morning with a beautiful Italian stamp on it! I can't believe they don't have a stamping machine and that someone actually licks the (huge) stamps on the envelopes to have them sent! :laugh:

Anyway, I called my dealer but the mechanic I got on the phone didn't seem to know about this (he probably hasn't read it yet) but since this is a big dealer with lots of different brands which probably outsell Guzzi 20 to 1 (at least) it's pretty understandable.

RJVB, my letter wasn't 'recommandé', but I'll need it to show it to the dealer in order to get the job done.

Now I just hope that the parts are readily available because I want to ride asap. Plus the dealer being not that close to my house I don't want to make too many trips back & forth and finally get stuck with a broken engine on the side of the highway.

Strange it wasn't a registered letter, now if anyone who's machine breaks down can claim that s/he never received word of the recall!

Anyway, what does your letter say? Go check with the dealer to see if your bike is concerned? The range of VINs so you can check yourself? Or?

It's a world wide recall but it may well be that because you had to wait so long for 8V's there may be none in the US affected by the problem. We don't know when the problem was identified in Italy or when the *new* parts were started to be incorporated in new-build and I doubt we ever will.

Probably the most likely indicator is the list of affected machines by serial/Vin #. Unfortunately, despite the recall notice publication telling us that these numbers are available on the warranty site they aren't. Like Todd Haven I am so astonished and gobsmacked by this trifling irregularity I find it almost impossible to believe, (NOT!):blink:

Pete

Recall letters started appearing on UK doormats this morning. Mine is yet to arrive (assuming my Feb 2008 bike is going to be recalled).

Just spoke to the Oz importer. It seems the factory will be sending out recall notices to anyone who's warranty ahs been activated.

As for Vin #'s? as Far as Ken understands it it is anything with 8 valves, basically all Nuovo Hi-Cams.

Pete

Dave H wrote:
Any one have the vin numbers of the effected motorcycles ?
Using the sparse Registry I have HERE, I'd be happy to list those who have been effected, perhaps we can formulate a pattern or group. If you haven't sent me your info, please do direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Recall notice received today ZGULZ000X8M111319

Will call Moto Strada tomorrow to get her booked in.

And the snow is starting to melt- hooray!!! :woohoo:

eimers01 wrote:
I called my dealer today.
He checked and he informed me that mine was not effected.

VIN#ZGULZ00018M111631

wonder how he knew that when the list is not published on the web..

Got my bike back today.
My dealer told me that is ok now.
She sounds great!!! He was working on her all morning yesterday.
Now she is safe at home. :)

Bad luck...started raining an hour ago and the weather channel predicts rain until Monday :laugh:

DecD wrote:
eimers01 wrote:
I called my dealer today.
He checked and he informed me that mine was not effected.

VIN#ZGULZ00018M111631

wonder how he knew that when the list is not published on the web..

Every dealer can log on to the service site of MG if they have a password

Hi gang

I got the recall letters today for the first bike and my current bike:)

ZGULZ00018M112083
ZGULZ00028M111301

I had already been contacted by my dealer though:)

Loftyjohn

eimers01 wrote:

wonder how he knew that when the list is not published on the web..[/quote]

Every dealer can log on to the service site of MG if they have a password[/quote]

But as previously noted there is no list available on ServiceMotoguzzi, even though the public notification says there is. The importer told me that they have a list but the factory will be contacting people directly:blink:

Pete

Heh, might we deduce that the range in fact covers most of the bikes sold to date??? :S

Out of curiousity, could those of you that get a notice let us know what side of the planet you are on?
Thanks.

Hot side, cold side, dark side, bright side, etc. :laugh:

I have a feeling that the US will be late to the party as usual.

Back