Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

96 1100 Sport with squeaking noise at idle

Discussion in 'Spine' started by redfcycle, Jun 30, 2013.

1. redfcycle

redfcycle Just got it firing!

96 1100 Sport that makes a squeaking noise that seems to be coming from the engine but does not increase with rpms.I currently have the fairing and headlight removed so those two are out.Would appreciate any input.
    Thanks
    frank :(

2. vinnychoff

vinnychoff Tuned and Synch'ed

how about a link to youtube.
    hard to think but i wonder if it is the engine as all parts are increasing with revs. when you say squeak. can you hear roughly where it is coming from. mechanics some times use a wooden handle screwdriver and hold this to the engine. the noise is amplified. this might help.
    is the bike working ok. charging. starting ok.

Vincenzo

3. redfcycle

redfcycle Just got it firing!

Thanks for the reply.Everything is working fine,just this very irritating squeaking noise.No luck with the screwdriver stethoscope.When you increase rpm you can no longer hear it. Stock pipes so they aren't all that loud.
    I may try to find a blood pressure monitor of the old style and see if I can find it that way.