• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

A baby sister Breva 750 for Big Brother Norge

aussiegreg

Tuned and Synch'ed
G'day All,

Just to let you know that our Guzzi family has grown. To compliment my Black Norge, Kim has bought a Black 2007 Breva 750 with 3000km for $8000 from Bundaberg. So now we will have matching Black Guzzi's in a mans size and a petite ladies size.

We are riding the 1150km up from Maitland on Friday arvo, to pick up Saturday arvo then ride back Sunday/Monday. Kim got her L's 2 months ago and full lincence 10 days ago.

We now have a 2003 Suzuki GS500 for sale.

A picture of the same bike is below if the link works.

Greg

2006-moto-guzzi-breva-750-3_460x0w.jpg

Cool beans Greg! You are a lucky man to have a woman who choses to ride with you, and knows what to ride!:)

That looks great Greg, now get her fixed up with full luggage and you can dump all the heavy stuff and enjoy yerself.....:laugh: :laugh:

What was that bang....:huh:

Eric B)

Congrats Greg, but what's that pic of just the bike?! We claim the bike ... girl! ;)

Our paths may cross. We're on a "new" 'o6 black Breva 1100 and an '04 candy red Breva 750.

The latter is in pieces in the shed this long weekend while I do the 60,000 service. I took the opportunity due to cold, wet weather. I have to wait for tomorrow to source some fuel injection clamps for the fuel filter. None of the usual suspects (Autobarn, etc) had even heard of them!

G'day All,

Well we left home on the Norge at 5pm Friday arvo and picked the breva up on Saturday afternoon from Bundaberg after an 1100km trip of about 10 hours ride. We then rode back over 2 days through Kingaroy, Dalby, overnight at Texas and through tamworth to home at Maitland.

Kim absolutely loves the bike from the 1st look to the arriving in the driveway after an 1100km introduction ride. She never had any trouble keeping up with me at a fast touring speed, 120 -130km/h. Although her arms are now 2 inches longer from the windblast.

We will try and get some photo's of both bikes together and individually and just for the "Cloggers" a picture of girl and bike together.

So Mackers where abouts are you at, we are at Maitland NSW. What accesories does your 750 have??

We are looking at Luggage and will go for Hepco and Becker as they are the same as Guzzi but Panniers alone are about $200-$300 cheaper. We will also get a top box.

On the shopping list also is a screen (size/type???) and a set of Staintune pipes for that meatier sound like my Norge's.

We like to travel so we are setting it up as a litle Sports tourer

Greg

We're in central Vic but do a fair bit touring. Jane's bike has MG panniers but I remove the rack until we tour. Standard otherwise. I had to bolt an extension to the sidestand tang because it was hard to extend with wet boots. Also it needs regular greasing, otherwise it tightens up and the tang will bend. The bike has been faultless otherwise. She's running Metzler Lazertecs now and prefers them over others. Plexus works very well on the plastic bits and bug screen, and the pipes will repay a regular polish - bike still looks new.

I put some pics and details here: http://motoguzzimaintenance.wetpaint.com/

G'day David,

That area around Macedon is lovely, we rode through last year.

Are the panniers 30l ?? we were going to get 40l but saw a picture and thought barge arse so 30l is the way to go. Its only a small bike so 30l will be better.

We will 1st get a 50l H&B Top box and panniers later when funds are better. But with my 120l capacity on the Norge that was OK on a 2 week tour then an additional 50l will be enough for the moment.

Greg

Congrats Greg. Love to get the info for it, for the Registry.

Might bump it to the Small Block Forum as well... unless there's more Norge postings included. ;)

RacerX wrote:
Congrats Greg. Love to get the info for it, for the Registry.

Might bump it to the Small Block Forum as well... unless there's more Norge postings included. ;)

G'day Todd,

Our good camera is busted, but will see about the phone and then post the details.

If you want to put it on the small block forum as well thats ok. I only found the Forum existed today.

Greg

-and yet another Breva on vacation

DSC00075.jpg

Greg,
I'd recommend the panniers first. There are a lot of used 30 liter H&B Juniors on E-bay and equal, for a nice and low price. I got mine for € 120/the pair.
They are much more useful than a top box, which really cannot take any loads, and will influate on the road holding, specially in strong winds. A foldable bag pack is much more useful.
Looks better too, IMHO.

Ride safe

Anders

I agree about the topcase, I hardly ever put on mine — only if I need additional lockable storage (or want to be able to take off my vest and leave it protected).

A thing to consider: the 30l H&B panniers probably don't hold a helmet.

RJVB wrote:
A thing to consider: the 30l H&B panniers probably don't hold a helmet.

No, they don't. With the exception of extremely small helmets as those for dogs and cats. :silly:

But wire locks are available, if you prefer to leave the helmet on the bike. Personally I always carry my helmet with me when leaving. Braking into any bag or case is a 2-second job for a skilled craftsman.

One doesn't need skill to break into a plastic bag, the right tool will do.

Stealing a bike in seconds is work for skilled craftsmen ... but then at least you still have your helmet (useful for giving them a Liverpool Kiss, should you catch them) :silly:

RJVB wrote:
One doesn't need skill to break into a plastic bag, the right tool will do.

Stealing a bike in seconds is work for skilled craftsmen ... but then at least you still have your helmet (useful for giving them a Liverpool Kiss, should you catch them) :silly:

Guess that Liverpool kiss is equal to a Danish Scull. :side:

Lovely things the 750 Breva ,my wife has one (06) and we are in the process of "over time" to fit IKON shocks and fork springs and Mistral mufflers. I own a red Griso 1100 and often ride from Taree to Abermain to visit a mate so will keep an eye out for youse.Have a goodun.

I seem to have successfully completed the 60,000km service on Jane's Breva. First time I've been into the tank to change the fuel filter - it was the original. How often should they be changed? Bike fired up and idled on first turn of the key. Then I realised that I hadn't even selected the fast idle, which makes me wonder if the fuel filter was offering some resistance to fuel flow. For a year of so now, the bike has required a couple of cranks and a bit of a warm up before moving off.

There's a bit of whine in fifth. I had a chat to the Penrite technical bods who suggested trying Transaxle 75. The Chief reports not much change to the sound, but a big improvement in shifting - smoother and less effort.

Back