• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

A bit more of a heads up on the 8V grenade issue.

Re:A bit more of a heads up on the 8V grenade issu

Believe what you want Rene, reading between the lines I think even Pete Roper is taking the 5% failure rating with a grain of salt.

No, once again I am simply saying that I DON'T KNOW if this figure is an accurate reflection of of failure numbers. Shit? Why is it that everyone seems intent on puting words into my mouth so that I can then at a later date be accused of making statements I haven't made.

God's teeth! I really don't know why I bloody bother.

Pete

pete roper wrote:
No, once again I am simply saying that I DON'T KNOW if this figure is an accurate reflection of of failure numbers. Shit?

Then let's forget about it.

Can anyone in Australia tell me what, if any issues, they've had with their Guzzi dealers with respect to warranty work on the Griso 8V in relation to the valves?

klaas123 wrote:
At my dealer the failure rate is 100% :)
That's of course not a representative figure (by far),
Exactly, the main London area dealer has had a zero failure rate on all 8 valves sold to date. And this is in the UK where it all seemed to start.
What it comes down to is that there are "lies, damned lies, and statisics".

True Brian but dealers are in the category "damn lyars" by nature in this case :)

Fact is nobody apart from the factory nows the exact figures.

Heh, not mine, at least not until last October or so. Until that time, I know he had a 0% failure rate, but he wasn't boasting about it. He just didn't sell a single 8V model (lack of demand, apparently) ;)

Brian, aren't you forgetting the ointment? B)

RJVB wrote:
Heh, not mine, at least not until last October or so. Until that time, I know he had a 0% failure rate, but he wasn't boasting about it. He just didn't sell a single 8V model

:laugh: :laugh:

Possible ... though I could do with something stronger right now ;)

myke8329 wrote:
Can anyone in Australia tell me what, if any issues, they've had with their Guzzi dealers with respect to warranty work on the Griso 8V in relation to the valves?

All I know is that failures have been reported. I know that Mario has fixed two of them but since most dealers don't tend to talk to each other and I don't order bits of anybody but the importer and Mario I wouldn't know.

From speaking to Ken at JSG they are well aware of the problem and I would assume that a load or replacement parts have been ordered just in case in the expectation that they will be needed. I'll ask Ken next time i phone them if you like.

Pete

Pete,

If you could do that, that would be wonderful, thank-you. I just bought my first ever Guzzi yesterday aftrnoon (Griso). A machine of a dream!!!

Regards

Well, I spoke to Ken and there are no 'issues' per se. If they break they gat fixed.

I would, once again, suggest that you check the tappet clearances multiple times in the first 5,000 Km jsut to be on the safe side. it's very easy and takes about 15 minutes and only requires a handfull of tools.

Pete

Pete[/quote]

Well we're glad you do, Pete, without your input we would be a right bunch of headless chickens..

DecD wrote:

Pete

Well we're glad you do, Pete, without your input we would be a right bunch of headless chickens..

+1 Please keep it coming, Pete. I look forward to your postings. I've learned a ton about my Guzzi from you.Thanks for sharing the knowledge. And of course, the humor you manage to inject in your postings makes it that much more interesting.

I've got the cam analysis done, I'll post it under the 'Got an 8V cam' thread a bit later. Perhaps this ought to be made into a 'Sticky' but I'm too dumb to do that so perhaps Todd can. That way we can consolidate all discussion in one place.

look, let it be noted I don't mind people disagreeing with me or offering differing opinions but please give me credit for;

a.) knowing my job

b.) being as interested in getting to the bottom of this as everybody who HAS had failures.

I'm not the least bit interested in whether people like me personally, (Although I'd suggest it's hard to pick personalities on the 'Net'.) or agree with any of my suppositions. Neither am I interested in 'Defending' Guzzi per-se. What does irk me is that some people just seem hell-bent on destroying the reputation of this motor in particular when I'm afraid that all the evidence I have before me, which is probably a great deal more tham many, is that while there is no denying there is a problem until we find out WHAT that problem is there are a HOST of 8Valvers out there that are running just peachy and I for one think it is a GREAT motor.

Other people who I know and respect preffer the old pushrod donk and that's fine, but it doesn't mean that the 6Valver is a dog or a munter.

Pete

Well Pete, while many are guessing the root cause of these failures, you are actually doing something to try and establish the real root cause so cheers for that.

I can't really blame some of the owners on here who are pissed off- if my Stelvio goes tits up I will be well pissed off!

Looking forward to reading the cam analysis.

There is a difference between being pissed off, and being a total prophet of doom as far as anything Guzzi is concerned.

Peter, Peter, Peter, you are a wise man. Kind of remind me of myself. I've enjoyed your postings and can't help but wonder if your mechanical employment involves Guzzis. "What a daft thing to ask", you might respond. But I was just wondering. By the way, the next time you are on your haunches, pulling out some weeds, you might want to offer a few words to the Man upstairs, 'cause He's the one that made your garden (and more importantly, your Guzzi). By the way, we Canadians are very fond of you Ozzies, you know. Actually, our countries/cultures/histories are extremely similar. Anyhow, thanks for your posts. I feel like I have my own personal Guzzi Geek just one click away. Talk to ya, mate. -Henry

Hmm, you know, we got a name for Da Man Upstairs who built your Guzzi. Call him Luigi, we do. I didn't know he was into gardening too, but then again, if he offers to make me a personal one here in Paris, I certainly won't refuse :D :silly:

Back