RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, We've completed the split of this website from our custom bike builds and products to our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. GuzziTech.com is now a secure site (https), and may require you to sign in again using your same password. We are back to our origins here with the Forum and Resources only. As always, zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine 2000-2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles Performance and Service workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work with our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

A Memorial Dash

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Godfrey, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

yesterday morning started per my usual.. do medications and eye maintenance, do my morning exercise regimen, check email... And I notice a note from one of my buddies via FB that the annual memorial ride for an old Moto friend, founder of the local BMW Moto dealership and closet lover of my Guzzi LeMans V, was happening. Meet up,time at 8:30 ... DAMN! It was already 8:06!

No time to do the ride but I can at least show up and pay my respects. If I can get there on time before the ride starts at 9. I tumbled through the condo pulling on traousers, boots, shirt, over shirt, jacket, found my helmet and gloves, and ran down to the parking garage.

Off with the cover, out of the stand, I hit the button and Racer sprang to life. It's 9:17 on the clock ... I'll have to adjust for PDT later, and Racer and I sped out of the garage and off to the highway.

It's nice when the powers that be assist. No traffic lights stopped me, few other cars or bikes anywhere, I took the entrance ramp with some gusto, leaned into it hard, and hit the highway already at 70. 9:23 on the clock. It's six miles up to the turnoff ... I'm up and over the ramp at 9:27. 30mph down the surface street to the shop parking lot, I turn in at exactly 9:30 on the clock (8:30 corrected time). I park, next to rows of BMWs and a smattering of Triumphs, KTMs, and a Honda or two.

My friend Linda shows up, then Paul. A little crowd has gathered around Racer at this point, it's the most unusual bike there:All the others are tourers, adventure tourers, and supermotards. A cafe racer? Unheard of. I grin.

Chat with the group for a half hour and the call goes out to gather for the start of the ride. We all say our silent remembrances to Kari and his riding buddy who passed away a year later. I hug my friends, pull on helmet, and Racer and I head off homewards... I lingered in second gear just a little long and let him sing a bit for Kari, who always loved what my LeMans V LaFranconis sounded like.

And off home to make breakfast and enjoy a fine day. That's a good start. :D

G

not-fishing and GT-Rx® like this.