• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

? about syncing TB's

kwn306

High Miler
This pasted weekend I adjusted the valves, finally figured out the VDST and reset the TPS and went to sync the TB's.

Hooked up the Carbtune II and started the bike with both air bleed screws closed. while the bike was warming up the sync was off, not real bad, but off, as the bike warmed up the TB's were almost in perfect balance.

I did all adjustments while the bike was idling BTW. Now I have been told to adjust the RH TB to bring the TB's back into sync, but when I did that it was taking the TB's further out of sync. Should I adjust the LH TB to make it perfect or just leave well enough alone? Once warmed up the bike appears to be running fine.

I brought the rpm's up to 3K and it is off a bit more than at an idle. Now I looked at the linkage and it appears that there are two screw heads with yellow paint on them on the LH TB. One screw faces the rear of the bike and one screw out the side of the bike. The one screw that faces out the side of the bike appears to be connected to the two TB's via a rod, is this the screw I adjust to balance the TB's at 3K?

S'very easy, easier than most carbed bikes.

Get the engine warm, over 60*C. Close both the air bleed screws. Using the throttle hold the RPM at 3,000 ish. While it only takes a little bit of throttle it is enough to over-ride the effects of the stepper. Once ballanced at 3000 which can be achieved by using the screw at the front of the LH TB linkage OR, if it is way out, the rod between the two TB's rlease the throttle and let it idle. Whichever side has the HIGHEST vacuum is the side that you open the bleed screw on until the idle ballance is spot on.

Disconnect guages and replace screws or in the US reconnect the pipes. Turn off engine but not ignition. re-set TPS. Restart engine. Go ride.

pete

john zibell said:
Although for the 1100 Breva, the procedure in the general service manual here https://www.guzzitech.com/downloads/ca ... -1100.html is the same for all 5AM ecu bikes.

Wow !!! :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

That is a really complete set of manuals that an idiot could follow (I think I fall under that description), color pictures even.

Why don't we have a set of manuals like this for the Stelvio?

If we had manuals like this for the Stelvio all we would need is a parts supplier, not the service departments, wait a minute, most of us don't have either.

Mother Guzzi would only need a well supplied mail order house in different sections of the globe then, we could buy our bikes through a catalog, hell Sears used to sell Italian motorcycles back in the day.

Then they wouldn't have to worry about a dealer network, it would save them money......I'm bad, I appologies lord and please feed all the starving.............

All bikes should come with a complete set of manuals IMHO, those manuals are just as good as Honda's.

Thanks for the link John & Pete thanks for the short and sweet verison as well. A little of the correct information is a dangerous thing and all this time my dealer has been setting the TB's wrong, no wonder the bike always runs like sh*t after he touches it.

I think I need to make a donation to Todd and this Guzzitech Forum tonight. :D :D

Yours to eh Kurt? Funny I thought it was a pretty simple job. Mine runs great after I started to do my own work. Now I just got to get a pesky oil leak from the eng. rpm sensor fixed.
FBC

Back