Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Amidst the global dilemma, we’re offering free shipping in the U.S. now EXTENDED through Monday (4/6). Use COVID-19-FREE at checkout on the STORE tab above — Please support small business! We wish the best to everyone, stay healthy, and please be helpful to those who aren’t.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum, by FACT NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - it should be common sense, but sadly needs to be stated; BE COURTEOUS! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

ABS / Speed Sensor

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by Rusty2000, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Rusty2000

Rusty2000 Just got it firing!

Hi All,

Curious electrical gremlins have infected my 2009 Stelvio (again). The headlight bulbs blew when the second MotoBatt battery died in two years and I thought there was also a charging fault but all checked out ok. New battery and bulbs fitted and back on the road. 30 miles later the ABS light came on and the speedo stopped working. Thought it was dirt on the speed sensor so pulled it, cleaned it and the housing and refitted to no avail. The sensor is a year old, the one before that was 9 years old. Please tell me it isn't it gone again! If not what else should I check? All fuses and relays were replaced recently. I cannot access the diagnostics either as the toggle switch only allows me to access the heated grips settings. Help!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  2. John Warner

John Warner Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

What happens when you move the Mode Toggle Left or Right once you hit the Heated Grips Icon?
    It should scroll through a few more options, Menu ~ Chrono ~ Volts, etc.

Do you have ABS Sensors on both Wheels?

It's most likely one of the Connectors, make sure they're scrupulously clean, and making good contact.
    The Terminals can look OK, but if one of the Female ones is a little loose, it may not be making decent contact.
    You can very carefully slightly squeeze the Female Terminal a little to tighten the contact, or alternatively give the Male Terminal a very, VERY, slight twist.

Did you lose two Motobatts in two years, or did the last one die after two years?
    Did/do you charge them, and with what?
    Did/do you keep it on a Battery Tender/Monitor?

Rusty2000 likes this.