Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Accessory sockets on a Griso

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by Gareth, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Gareth

Gareth Just got it firing!

Just wondering if anyone has installed accessory sockets on their Griso, if so where did you locate them? The bikes been wired for two accessories...and had wires sort of tucked away until needed. I want the cleaner line of a plug and play approach.

Thanks

2. Pascal

Pascal Cruisin' Guzzisti

I installed one (powerlet) on my starter cover, mainly for battery connection but I never connect it since I use the bike so much :lol: :lol:
    Looks factory...

3. Indefatigable

Indefatigable Tuned and Synch'ed

I bought a Powerlet Outlet made for the Yamaha FJR and mounted it on the left side rear peg holder. Works great, and it’s just a short run up to the battery.

4. Steak

Steak Cruisin' Guzzisti

I got a mount fabbed for a powerlet port that I attached to a GIVI windscreen like yours. Then I just ran power from a separate, switched fuse block from back inside the tail section. Worked great on the 1100, but I haven't decided to put the windscreen back on the 1200SE just yet...

5. Grisoman

Grisoman Just got it firing!

Thanks guys...I kinda like the passenger footrest location. Appreciate the input!

6. marcsiry

marcsiry Tuned and Synch'ed

I did a quick and dirty direct to battery connection for my GPS, but now with more time I'd like to redo it correctly. What circuit are most people tapping for switched power? Taillight?

(I looked for the TomTom connected but it doesn't appear that my '13 US spec bike has it).

7. Indefatigable

Indefatigable Tuned and Synch'ed

Did you look under the right side wing/cover just under the gas tank? That is where my connector was. You have to look real good because they tuck it up under the frame and then hide it behind a wiring loom.

I believe there is a circuit under the seat near the air box that may work.

8. erice

erice Tuned and Synch'ed

I have a powerlet socket. It one that clamps to the handlebar (I have it dead centre) and it also has a RAM ball on it to attach the GPS when used. I don't recall the part #, but you can probably find it on the Powerlet site. I have it wired directly to the battery (routed under the right panel), and in the winter I use that outlet as an inlet to keep the battery on a trickle charger. Since I don't leave accessories on the bike when I'm not riding it, there is no issue with battery drain or need to used switched power.

I have a second outlet for heated clothing with a coax outlet, which is routed on the left side, just in front of the seat (I use it for heated clothing). It's also wired directly to the battery.

Not a lot of room around the battery to install them, but just enough. Both came with more than enough cable length and in-iine fuses. Also have various powerlet adaptors to charge other stuff if needed since the GPS can run on battery while phones, etc. are charging.

Eric

9. Stevie

Stevie Cruisin' Guzzisti

I found that sucker on my 12 Griso but I'm not sure I'm getting power through it. When I plug the TomTom in and turn the ignition key on, the GPS unit doesn't automatically come on as it does on the Stelvio.

I haven't had the time to mess with it other than check the fuses.

10. kiwijohn

kiwijohn Tuned and Synch'ed

I think is is only live with the engine running?

11. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Correct. Looking at Carl's schematic, power is supplied via the lights relay. That only activates when the engine is running.

12. Stevie

Stevie Cruisin' Guzzisti

:D

That makes perfect sense. Thanks guys.

13. Stevie

Stevie Cruisin' Guzzisti

My socket seems to be dead. All the fuses are ok but no juice according to Mr Tom. At least I assume I'm not getting juice because it fails to power up when the engine is running or shut down automatically when the motor is killed.

14. marcsiry

marcsiry Tuned and Synch'ed

As penance for missing it the first time on my '13 Griso, I post a picture of the Tom Tom accessory lead itself, and my finger pointing to exactly where I found it, right past the horn. I was looking for it far too rearward on the bike, near the cylinder almost.

I snipped it, spliced yellow to my red positive lead on my Garmin cable and blue to black/negative, and now all is right with the world. Switched power for my GPS and I don't have to worry about the little green LED on the Garmin adapter running down my battery when parked for long periods of time without a tender (although it would probably take weeks to affect it negatively).

Thanks, gang.