• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Added a blue 1100 Sport to the stable today

MedicAndy

Tuned and Synch'ed
I thought owning two red 97 1100 Sporti bikes would be enough, but I had a feeling earlier this week about needing to add a little blue into my life, so.....

I found, and "stole" (just joking) bought me a rare blue (1 of 18, which made it into the US) 1996 1100 Sport with 21k miles on the clock. She is a one owner bike, which was a trade-in last week at a motorcycle dealership in Vancouver WA, so I don't know anything about her service history. This bike, just like all of my others, will get a full service before I take her out riding. The dealer stated that everything mechanical and electrical is in excellent working order, and the bike is cosmetically about as nice as it gets for being almost 21 year old. The owner manual and original tool kit are also still with the bike. :) I did ask the dealer to check the gear oil for any metal shavings, and everything was clean as of now. I paid the dealer $2,500.00 for the bike, which included a new set of Michelin Pilot tires, so I'm ok with adding this bike to my stable. I'm also ok with spending a couple of $$$ on her, if she needs it, but my project list between having two other 97 1100 Sporti, which need a little TLC, and another five other bikes is piling up on me!

Andy

IMG 5834 IMG 5876 IMG 5879

Nice!
Had a Red '97 (Carbs) for a while, a Friend has it now, and is just about done rebuilding it.
No longer Red though, I'll post a pic when I can get one, this is how it was when I had it . . .
Guzzi1100m

Yummy!
I saw a Yellow '98 yesterday, owner has had it from new, it was very tidy.
F.I. must be nice, I still get an ache in my right wrist just thinking about the Throttle action on mine!

Hi,
Have a '97 1100i Sport which has failed ECU. Looking for info on repair or replacement. Thanks
-Chairlie

Hi,
Have a '97 1100i Sport which has failed ECU. Looking for info on repair or replacement. Thanks
-Chairlie

Hi Charlie,

I don't know anything about the ECU, so I would call either Harpers at 816-697-3411 and see if they can help you out, but I would create and post a thread here under the tech section and see if someone can point you into the right direction.

Best of luck to you! You own the one year model and color of the 1100 Sport that I'm still looking for! :)

After waiting for six weeks, since I found this little blue one in Vancouver WA, she finally came home to her new stable today! She has 21k miles on her, and she rides absolutely perfect. The purchase cost of this 96 Sport was only US $1.5k after the dealer refunded me $1k from the original purchase cost due to some cosmetic issues that this bike has. She also came with a new set of Michelin Pilot tires, which the dealer included in the sales price. The last owner also included a spare rear seat, owner and shop manuals, and a couple of other parts. I'm working on the yellow 97 right now, so she didn't make it into the group picture this time.

Fullsizeoutput 1fd8a IMG 3124 Fullsizeoutput 1fd8c Fullsizeoutput 1fd79

After waiting for six weeks, since I found this little blue one in Vancouver WA, she finally came home to her new stable today! She has 21k miles on her, and she rides absolutely perfect. The purchase cost of this 96 Sport was only US $1.5k after the dealer refunded me $1k from the original purchase cost due to some cosmetic issues that this bike has. picture this time.

View attachment 11470 View attachment 11471 View attachment 11472 View attachment 11473

I hate you! ....... or I wish I was you? Are you fucking kidding me $1500 ! I hate you! Sport hog!
I have a Jackal and a Bellagio Cafe Racer and my next bike will be a Sport 1100, but I'll have to wait a while to get home to Australia. There's none to be had for love or money here in Singapore.
P1020457_zpshmlmrl28.jpg

20161013_1257041_zpshifgwhx0.jpg

Can't wait to go home. Just wish I could find a Sportie for the price you paid!
Half your luck mate!
Bob.

Hey Bob,
I saw a beauty low mileage (16k?) red one in Western Australia on Gumtree for around Aussie $7500 which you gotta admit is a bargain.
I asked some Q's but no answer & with so many scams in bike adverts these days I didn't bother to follow up.
They are there mate ... Just keep looking
Must admit Medic Andy is one lucky bugga.

Back