• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Advice for a touring toolkit for Breva?

sn0winSaskatoon

Tuned and Synch'ed
I was going through my stuff the other day and came across my touring toolkit - it had a bunch of triumph-specific bits that reminded me of my dead, written-off deer-killing triumph, which got me enough from the insurance to start my current experiment with the guzzi. And for my ktm, I have lots of specific bits for roadside repairs in the back of beyond... but my girlfriend wants to go for our long trip on the guzzi not the ktm. Which makes me figure I'd better give some thought to the specific little foibles of the guzzi. Which I haven't had long enough to have done enough work on to have built up the expertise and toolkit to match...

So all you guzzexperts, other than the obvious non brand-specific stuff I should take, are there any bits or spares or tools that you would recommend I take with me?

I know where the guzzi dealers are in Sask, Alta and BC, but we're planning to loop into the USA (as long as the american homeland-security cowboys let us in) so can anyone enlighten me as to whether there is any good guzzi service in Montana, Idaho, Oregon and Washington-state?

thanks in advance for the help
Ian

Suggestions

7mm in-hex socket in case someone needs to remove the front wheel. The caliper mounting screws are that unusual size.
A pair of outer spark plugs and spanner to install them.
A Plug N Go puncture repair kit with either several cartridges or electric pump.
A spare indicator bulb.

GrahamNZ wrote:
Suggestions

A pair of outer spark plugs and spanner to install them.

I am unsure if the Breva needs it but... I have found that other Guzzis can do a plug cap as well as a plug if they have a lie down. A generic spare will do till you get a proper one.

Check the kit has a spanner suitable for adjusting the mirrors.

Add suitable headlight bulbs. It will be just your luck to lose a bulb and find nowhere that's open has anything like the bulbs you need!

(worse for the Norge than the Breva I think, but check anyway)

Zebee

Never enough-more often too much. Packing for the road is part of mystic/joy. Tools, air pump, type of tire plugs, etc., thats what keeps this sport fun. Lean angles define talent, practical touring packing defines something else. I'm an old fart and strive for a balance between the really good fast rider and the to me, whoa pushing it but reasonable caution stage in life. If you do your own m & R ,even on a limited basis, you know what to bring. Guzzis seem pretty damm realible . Pack a spare headlight bulb & a credit card. Have fun.

Surely a touring kit should be aimed at things you might need and are in a position to use? Catering for a crash or topple over is a much bigger ask. For that I'd add clutch and front brake levers, and while at it, a gear and rear brake lever. Hang on, we're getting carried away here unless really going bush.

Assuming that the Norge has two dipping headlight bulbs, why carry a spare? The bike already has one!

It's a long time now since I've needed any spares apart from what's needed to deal with punctures and an occasional light bulb failure, although with my Guzzi V11 Sport I did carry a spare electrical relay, although never used it.

Back