• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

After market exhaust

Mistral seems to be famous in Guzzi world. Finally they sent me the power abd torque graphics. power 107.7cv at 7054tr/mn and torque 11.4 mkg at 6289 tr/mn. The original values are: 105cv at 7500tr/mn and 11 mkg at 6400tr/mn. The graphic of torque is interesting, with 9 mkg since 3000 tr/mn. Would be good to have some coments from Stelvio/Mistral owners.

Drive safe

So you get a teeny bit more torque at very slightly lower revs, plus an imperceptible amount of extra ponies... It might be interesting to see what's happening down low. With an unmodified riding style, I gained between 5% and 10% on my consumption, after installing my Agostini muffler, esp. at urban speeds. I find that at least as interesting ;)

My understanding is that the former has the killer removed and the latter the killer installed ;)

Dimitris, Mistral told me that there were 0 diference between Racing and road exhaust. One have a serial number, the racing no. Each one can be order with or without removable db killer. Same price, same performances. I would like to compare with the Agostini.

Saludos

RJVB, I didn't find any Agostini for Stelvio. I wrote Agostini to ask and still wainting an answer. I would like a stainless oval exhaust, or titanium oval. Some advice?

I have a stainless oval, with which I'm quite content. I'm not sure if they're offering anything yet for the 8v motors, but usually Peter replies pretty quickly. How long ago is it you wrote?

BTW the attachment brace for the oval silencer is a separate girdle that goes around the muffler, making it relatively easy (I'd guess) to adapt the pipe to a different bike. But I have no idea how well (or not) the existing model would suit the Stelvio, nor how easy it'd be to adapt it to the high position. Unless you'd want to put it low so you can put on regular panniers, of course ;)

I thought you had a Stelvio. I wrote only 3 days ago to Agostini. I don't understand why the famous trades don't make exhaust for this almost one year old bike. Or Moto Guzzi should asociate with Termignoni or GPR or other italian exhaust maker. Like BMW with Akrapovic. I prefer an exhaust made for the Stevio instead of fixing a special model.

Well, don't think that'll ever happen. I don't have time to trace the paragraph, but I read somewhere in the latest ACEM newsletter stuff that the industry is going to be more and more strict on noise and emissions levels, and from earlier quotes I'd already gotten the idea that aftermarket exhaust makers are going to be pushed more and more aside.

Fortunately I am in a country which is very light with the noises' rules. I can use a racing model without db killer. In fact the police bikes (Honda XR250) are the most noisy (empty exhausts). A big shame!!!!

I can't comment on whether the Mistral delivers any performance improvement because I fitted mine at low miles but it weighs so much less than the huge standard pipe which has a cat. I have not weighed each pipe but the carbon Mistral feels like it weighs 20 pounds lighter.

Looks much better too. I have the type with a removable baffle- tried it with no baffle- was too loud (I must be getting old) and actually ran better with the baffle in. Even with the baffle in place, sounds much throatier than the standard pipe.

The fit and finish of the Mistral is superb.

Guy

The stock cats a sealed away, I'm not sure one can see the actual thing even in the Breva's collector/cat box. But the one I got with my Agostini is so small that I refuse to believe it can have a noticeable effect on weight or engine performance...

Well the great news is that Mistral has no cat at all!

I'm allergic to cats anyway- horrible bloody things. A dog is a man's pet.

Wrenching this thread back on topic....:cheer:

I mentioned above that my Mistral did not have a baffle, and sure enough it was supposed to. MG Cycle got me one with their next shipment, thanks Gordon!

I am very happy with my Mistral now. Sound is only a tad louder than stock, still very neighbor friendly. I didn't notice any huge power gain in my first outing today (just a short trip out for lunch) but I wasn't expecting much either. Visual improvement is immense, aural improvement is noticeable, and weight savings come out to about 11.5 pounds (5.1 kg). Stock was 17 lbs 6 oz and Mistral is 6 lbs.

Roadkingcustom wrote:
Fortunately I am in a country which is very light with the noises' rules. I can use a racing model without db killer. In fact the police bikes (Honda XR250) are the most noisy (empty exhausts). A big shame!!!!

Light noise rules also here. In fact rare police checkings. So I also ride my V11 with Mistral titanium oval, with the dbkiller not installed. Perfect noise (helicopter-like heheh), loud enough so as to be safe :)P ) and feel that it is revving easier and quicker!

Hi,

I received a reply from agostini. Their stelvio exhaust will be receiving its Euro Homologation 3 certificate this week and then they'll be sending mine on.

"Ciao Greg

We are waiting on Euro homologation and expect it this week but if that is not a problem for you we can supply one without homologation. It will be the same except the Stelvio will not be listed on the certificate.

This one is polished stainless but we intend to make them a mat finish. You can have polished if you prefer.

The silencer is direct replacements for the original so fitting is quite easy. The silencer with the db killer inserted gains torque and power across the lower rev range and is about the same as the standard at the upper end. With the db killer removed the maximum power is increased by about 4 hp.

We also recommend the SprintFilter, a re-useable airfilter which is washable in warm water and detergent and does not require oiling. The use of the free flowing SprintFilter improves torque and power and gives a better fuel consumption.

Tuning is not required because the sonda lambda sensor in the compensator senses the exhaust gasses and injection computer adjusts the mixture automatically.

The performance at low to mid range can be improved by fitting the Rapid Bike RB 02 module. This unit fits between the sonda lambda sensor and the ECU. In effect it allows you to make the mixture richer or leaner at the all important rev range between idle and 4,500 rpm. Above that speed the input from the sonda lambda is ignored by the ECU and, in fact, the mixture is much richer.

Stelvio
cod. n. Model Description Tax free Tax incl.
AMST1220I Stelvio 1200 Silencer polished stainless megaphone homol. € 400,00 € 480,00
AMST1221I Stelvio 1200 Silencer polished stainless oval homologated € 400,00 € 480,00
AP8104329100 Stelvio 1200 Sprint Filter re-usable, washable high flow air filter € 55,00 € 66,00
KRB02002
Rapid Bike RBO² Sonda Lambda modulator € 130,00 € 156,00"

Any advice on whether its worth getting the lambda sensor?

Back