• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

After the cam upgrade?

John in PA

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I'm about 600 miles since the cam recall now (1200 total miles). Mostly easy riding, no rough stuff. I'm wondering when to do the next oil change and tappet adjustment? I'm thinking like this is "break-in revisited" and I should do an oil change and valve-adjust sometime soon.
Any opinions??

What Pete said.

All of the bikes coming in appear to has the tappets set too tight at zero miles. They appear to grow about .005 inch in the first 600 miles and the factory plans for that. I didn't understand this and set my zero mile bike correctly. Within a few hundred miles the clearances where WAY too wide. After the next 1200 miles, there was almost no change.

My point is, the clearances appear to grow a lot on the new valve train. Of course, only a few of the parts are new, but I would reset the clearances just to be sure.

Crap, now I need to check mine. it is about 1000 miles since the cam update.

I might take the Stelvio to the WNY rally this weekend. I'll try to do tappets this evening if 600 additional miles is enough.

John,

I purchased my bike used with 85 miles on it, the upgrade was done at 95 miles. At that time I ran the bike to 1000 miles and had the stealer do the 1st service.

Being new to Guzzi I was surprised at all the top end noise on the bike but I was told it is normal, once the revs get past 1500 rpm's the motor is quite.

The bike has 3200 miles on it now and there is no change in engine noise / sound so I am going to run the thing until it has 7,000 miles before doing the next service.

I am happy to report that with the more miles on the bike the fuel mileage is improving, but the OAT is also rising, it was 94 degs yesterday on the way home before the thunder storm started and the wife and I got drowned.

I found out that my speed sensor does not like the rain, pulled it off last night and dried it out with the wifes hair dryer and it worked again this morning. Need to call the stealer today and have him send me one, which I will waterproof before installation.

My only complaint with the bike is that I have something buzzing in the faring area when shifting up threw the gears between 3K - 4K rpm's, it's just annoying.

Check and make sure the screws on your windscreen are tight. I had a similar vibrating noise and found it was due to the bolts that hold up the wind screen......Just a suggestion.....

Off topic, sorry....

kwn306 wrote:
John,
My only complaint with the bike is that I have something buzzing in the faring area when shifting up threw the gears between 3K - 4K rpm's, it's just annoying.

My left turn signal / mirror buzzes like crazy between 4 and 5 thousand RPM. Really loud. Been to busy / lazy to look at it, but it is the mirror.

Wayne Orwig wrote:
Off topic, sorry....

kwn306 wrote:
John,

My left turn signal / mirror buzzes like crazy between 4 and 5 thousand RPM. Really loud. Been to busy / lazy to look at it, but it is the mirror.

I'll check the mirrors and the windshield tonight.

Todd Haven at MPH has the Euro turnsignal/mirror combo in stock as a kit. easy install.

AppalachianRally2009010-1.jpg

StelvioGPS019-1.jpg

Back