Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's a privately funded website. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

aftermarket exhausts

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by dabrucru, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

...maybe a little more info about the type of bike, what you are going for (sound, performance, look?), etc. ;)

2. Jorge's

Jorge's Just got it firing!

It's a Moto Guzzi v7ii with current arrow exhaust(just like stornello arrow exhaust) and wanting to switch out to Baak Bobber exhaust

3. Jorge's

Appreciate your advice!

4. Stradagene

That helps ;)
    but I'm still not sure what you're "going for", so I'll try to cover a few bases...

Since you're in the US, I would recommend that you contact Todd and ask him about his offerings. I know that might sound a little bit cliché, since this is his website et al., but his offerings really are superior ~ in both initial quality and in terms of performance and support.
    My personal experience with BAAK has been somewhat lackluster. Even after purchasing two seats and two saddlebags from them they were, at best, dismissive if not apathetic. They seemed to think they are offering a high quality bespoke product, but the truth is there were quality issues with the majority of items that I received from them and the process of having those issues addressed was not straightforward, so caveat emptor.

On the other hand, Todd's work is in every respect significantly more bespoke, and it performs better (in terms of initial quality and durability). I ride my bike spiritedly and any service issue that I have had with Todd's products has been dealt with in a very congenial and satisfactory manner. Finally, the sound... the sound of GuzziTech exhaust that I have on my V7R is glorious!

I assume you're interested in the BAAK exhaust because of the look?
    I don't know if Todd offers anything that short (he might?) ~ it is worth asking him.

You may or may not get a good quality piece from BAAK. If you have issues it will not be easy to deal with them. You will need a remap (with either exhaust), and the sound from the BAAK exhaust is not nice (Sorry Faisal ha ha :) ). I don't like the sound from the BAAK when assessed by itself, much less when compared to the 2:1 GuzziTech that I have on my bike.

The other thing is that Todd has data for his exhausts which make a remap much easier.

If you end up with a bike that looks good but has map issues as a result of the exhaust change, that's a no bueno situation.

So my advice is open up a dialog with Todd to see what he has to offer. You will not be disappointed if you end up buying from him. No guarantees what your experience will be like purchasing from BAAK. But either way let us know. Not everyone has to have the same bike with the same accessories. (FWIW I use both of my BAAK seats all the time and one of the BAAK saddlebags everytime ~ I like them both, but not all of them were made correctly from the beginning, and it was not easy working with BAAK to get them fixed)

TexMexStrada, GTM® and Robert Gibson like this.
  5. Jorge's

Lots to learn and options to go with. Thankful for this forum. Another question: How long does it take for todd reflash tool(all the back and fourth data exchange)for fine tuning depending on mods?

6. MotoG5

MotoG5 Tuned and Synch'ed

I just did my V9 Bobber last week. Set of Todd's SS Megs and used the flash tool and support. Received the megs and tool on a Friday at about 1pm and was able to install the muffs, complete reflash and test ride the bike around 10am on Saturday morning. Once your flash tool has been shipped you get an email with instructions on where to down load the GTM software on your Windows 10 PC and install it. If you do this right away you will be ready to go when everything arrives. Total time for doing the reflash for me, not including installing muffs, following the provided instructions was less than two hours. Note: Be sure to turn off all anti-spam, anti-virus and firewalls when ever down loading or running the GTM software.

TexMexStrada, Mayakovski and GTM® like this.
  7. Jorge's

Ok appreciate the info! Feel more educated about new exhaust and flash tool... thanks

8. Darren Bates

Darren Bates Just got it firing!

Hi Jorge. I have the Baak Bobber exhaust on my '15 Moto Guzzi V7. I love the look, but it's just too loud for me (I have really sensitive hearing). Drop me a line if you might be interested in a trade; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/th...ak-exhaust-on-my-15-v7-too-loud-for-me.20536/

9. Jorge's

My arrow exhaust has couple cosmetic problems. It's a bit discolored from bike running too lean and I cit out the baffle on it. Missing screws at end cap if pipe but filled it in with JB weld. What state are you at?

10. Jorge's

How much to buy the Baak exhaust from you?

11. Alex Stalgis

Alex Stalgis Just got it firing!

So, I became an owner of a pre owned v7ii racer early last year and the aftermarket exhaust it had from the previous owner had the rivets shear off and the slip-on just fell off. To me it looks like it might be the BAAK exhaust system or a similar and even cheaper replica of them, been looking into a decent replacement all day today and this seems like the best place for an outside opinion. I'm looking at the GT exhausts from Todd, but I'm curious if there are any videos anywhere that show the sound at all. I became quite attached to this loud exhaust but am not looking for another piece of junk that will fall off after another nearly 2k miles (hence why the GT exhausts are much more appealing to me over BAAK) this is the bike and exhaust that broke on it,

IMG_0463.JPG IMG_0468.JPG

12. Stradagene

Hi Alex,

I think there are several short clips that Todd has posted here on the forums that include the sound. (Unfortunately I am not sure what threads, exactly, you might find those in)

I'll see if I can post one here... but in the meantime if you would like to send (PM) me your email address I can send you a short video clip of the 2:1 GT-Rx exhaust on my V7R.

GTM® likes this.
  13. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Hi Alex, congrats and welcome aboard. Yes that exhaust is from the company you mentioned. Junk (sorry to those who have bought them). Since you’re in Santa Monica, I’m just up PCH from you, and happy to demo a set of mufflers next I have a bike here with them on it. Hope you’ll add your bike to the Registry here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/ - and look forward to meeting you either then, on a ride, or if I can be of help with any service related items.
    p.s. We have a Youtube channel where you’ll find some videos, including one below, or search GuzziTech exhaust there as well.

14. Stradagene

GTM® likes this.
  15. Alex Stalgis

Well, the sound on this exhaust is great, and after some other options I'm almost certainly getting the GT exhaust and probably going for the Stubby option as well (only thing temporarily barring would be if the warranty covering my bike now from the dealer I purchased from actually covers a replacement of some sort). But either way this exhaust would likely replace even that soon. Would be great to see a demo of the exhaust if you do have one available to show! Already love the idea of giving my patronage here with GT over a company like BAAK with laughable service and quality. I'll see what my schedule is like and if you'll still have the bike around the show me when I have the opportunity to come by and see it

16. changohot

changohot Just got it firing!

Check out Mistrals I have the shorts on three of my Moto Guzzis or Augostini, nice sound.

17. Alex Stalgis

yeah, my shop was talking about Mistrals and Zard, im thinking the Zard if they cover it with their warrant

18. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson High Miler GT Contributor

GTM exhaust, lifetime warranty and local, hmmm let me think about it for a nano second.

Andrew Joy likes this.
  19. Alex Stalgis

Those were my thoughts exactly. the only thing that would temporarily beat that is if its an exhaust covered by warranty, if my shop tells me they won't cover the replacement, GT it is.

Louisv97 likes this.
  20. tobinh

tobinh Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

20+ years playing with motorbikes, have had dozens of exhausts.

the GTM unit on my B11 is the only one I've ever owned that fit perfectly, worked perfectly, and looks perfect. it's not subtle, but even my grumpy, loud bike hating, VFR owning buddy had to admit that it sounds 'okay'. that's high praise from him!

GTM® likes this.