• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Agostini Silencer on a Breva V1100

Mike.C

High Miler
Recovered Data - originally posted by Xenarchi

Well the pics aren't great, so I will get more.

Took some time as these bikes can be tough to work on.

Saturday: I wanted to hear the bike with just the silencer and the Expansion Chamber still on the bike. That part was easy. Stock silencer off, fiddle, fiddle, Agostini silencer on. Wasn't tough.

Took the bike for a ride. She is a different beast. Revs quicker, goes quicker, feels better and sounds TERRIFIC! Wow...has that amazing Italian low end rumble to it. Sounds solid at idle, not loud, but clearly there is something lurking. At speed she screams when goosing her. I love it. Turns heads now. Set of my first two car alarms on this bike as the rumble is deep enough to make the alarms chirp.

Standard Video of Some Dude Revving His Bike:

Now for the really pain in the arse part.

Sunday I decided to tackle the rest of the job. THIS PART IS NOT A ONE MAN JOB. I tried for hours to do it alone, but decided I needed help.

Getting the Expansion Chamber off was like a friggin Rubix Cube. Turn this way, turn that way...total pain for me.

First issue was the blasted Lambda sensor. it is behind the starter and other crap. At this point I was sure, so I didn't want to remove any more than I already had. Funny how jobs look easy, then piles of parts seem to collect. Problem with the sensor is that I couldn't get it free from the Expansion Chamber. The bolt was stuck good and I had ZERO leverage. The lead to the sensor was zip tied to the rest of the wires. The zip tie was TOTALLY inaccessible. I spent about 35 mins trying to break the zip tie, finally it broke. NOTE TO SELF. TAKE OUT THE BLOODY STARTER! After much more work and fiddling the entire sensor came out. Got the Expansion Chamber out finally, then took the headers off.

The next is just a lot of back and forth getting it all lined up. I found it easier to hang the silencer, then the compensator (Y) then the headers. Needs two people as I tried for an hour alone. Can't do it. Need another person on the other side of the bike helping. After hours and hours the set up went on. A few busted knuckles, a lot of stress, but she is back.

Now I have a tick tick tick from the front left. I assume that is an exhaust leak? Need to check the bolts etc.. I am just loathed to start unbolting.

Took for a ride. Sounds great still, touch more revs, bit more sound, quicker overall. I love it.

Pics kinda suck and the underneath of the bike a fecking dirty.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

For me the bike sounds is as I would expect an Italian bike to sound. Kinda like a duc (yeah i know). Has that deep booming sound to it. Sounds like a bike should IMO. Also don' forget you won't or don't need to Y, I don't think? So that saves 225 EUR.

The filter is to come. I am going to do the HID and the filter at the same time. Both need the tank coming off.

The ring/strap is silver on the outside and has some black rubbery material in the middle.

The front? The entire pipe is straight, think the pic makes the back end look bigger?

The end of the pipe is pointing down a touch, kinda like stock. It also comes with a db killer that has more of a turn down spigot thing...it sticks out more. Without the db killer the end of the pipe looks more open. I'll take another pic.[/quote]

I had a pretty good exhaust leak from the left side that I just didn't have time to sort out. Finally this weekend I took the entire system off and re-aligned.

A few things came up from the boys over in Italy. They are now including some instructions as the bolt on isn't exactly 'bolt on'. Also the factory has agreed to stop using a FECKING zip tie that hides behind the FECKING starter. That damned thing is almost impossible to reach and with it zip tied, almost impossible without taking out the starter etc...also the factory has decided that the zip tie might be too tight and could bugger the rest of the wiring. GREAT!!

I also used WD-40 to lube up the compensatore (Y) as it was a tight fit from the headers to the 'Y'. The headers aren't exactly round, so for me the fit was a bit too tight. WD-40 did the job and allowed me better wiggle room when adjusting.

So....system off. Set the headers, set the compensatore, sent the silencer. Started her back up....PERFECT. (funny how the header flanges slip right on when the header is lined up. when it isn't perfect, the flanges don't fall right on, they need to be coerced)

The Bike: For me TOTALLY DIFFERENT! Rev's quicker of course, gets there quicker and sounds fantastic. Not too loud but makes alarms chirp in warning as the rumble is SOOOOOOO LOOOOOW. I now how all this over-run you Norge guys moaned about. Crackle, Pop, thwap, thwap...love down shifting now.

Keeping the bike over 4500k to about 5500k and on up is so much nicer. It really is a different bike on the higher rev range. I put about 400 miles on her this weekend and loved every min. I haven't had that love since I bought the bike. Next is the air filter.

Anyone out there that is thinking about a new set up, do it. That stock can and stupid expansion chamber is torturous for the poor bike.

Wow you really went at it.

I have a question. As I will be taking delivery of a new Breva quite soon, I am sure I'm going to want to put an aftermarket can on. I don't plan on altering anything but to take off the old muffler and put on a new cooler, louder and hopefully faster one!

Does putting on a aftermarket slip on actually do anything to create more power, or is is just sound and looks?

In my experience with a Staintune and crossover on the B, it's just sound and looks. But oh what a sound and it definitely looks better, saves a few Kg as well, but not enough to write home about.

All that will change though when the Power Commander V is available.

What happened to Adam, in fact? Did he re-re-re(-re)-register?

RJVB wrote:
What happened to Adam, in fact? Did he re-re-re(-re)-register?

I got fed up with trying to re-re-re-re-register over and over and over. But things sure look great now. Nice work on the site! Hope to have the bike out of he winter slumber very soon.

You're certainly not the only one, I guess, but let's hope that's all behind us now.

You'd still have at least one more month to wait, no?

RJVB wrote:
You're certainly not the only one, I guess, but let's hope that's all behind us now.

You'd still have at least one more month to wait, no?

Yeah..maybe a bit less, but yes, about a month. We got fooled the other week when it hit 50F, but since we haven't been out of the cooler.

Hafa Dude - We're not finished with the summer yet - I'll let you know when you can have some... :silly:

Gosh!

Of all the exhaust mods I've seen the one Cliffy in the IOM made for his Breva makes most sense to me. Hey, Cliffy, how is it going, and if you can how about posting your photos again?

Graham

Back