• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Agostini's exhaust for the V11 Sport/LeMans

rocker59

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Todd,
Just wondering if you've seen this exhaust system?
Do you have a relationship with Agostinis?
I know you have your "crack proof headers", but I kind of like the springs on these.

http://www.agostinimandello.com/index.p ... n&vmcchk=1

My front crossover bought the farm over the weekend, and I'm exploring possibilities. I do not want to shim/bush the front crossover. Would just as soon lose it.

I have seen it and I do have a relationship, but you can also order direct if you'd like. We can add the springs to ours if you want them.
;)

For the X-over, I recommend the Stucchi @MGCycle. We make one, but it is cost prohibitive.

rocker59 said:
So, I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Agostini exhaust today...

Will update when it's delivered...
...Upon surfing this post, I remembered that it was Rocker 59 that had first mentioned trying Metzeler 880 on the rear of my 09 Stelvio....just want to affirm that this is an xlnt solution to my tire woes....got double the mileage (approx. 8000 mi.) with this set-up...Using the smaller 170/60 (radial), and, nice turn-in, NO loss of traction ever, all-in-all an xlnt remedy.....thanks

gdp said:
rocker59 said:
So, I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Agostini exhaust today...

Will update when it's delivered...
...Upon surfing this post, I remembered that it was Rocker 59 that had first mentioned trying Metzeler 880 on the rear of my 09 Stelvio....just want to affirm that this is an xlnt solution to my tire woes....got double the mileage (approx. 8000 mi.) with this set-up...Using the smaller 170/60 (radial), and, nice turn-in, NO loss of traction ever, all-in-all an xlnt remedy.....thanks

Cool! Glad that worked out for you!

out with the old...
DSCN9803-M.jpg

in with the new...
DSCN9815-M.jpg

DSCN9806-M.jpg

DSCN9810-M.jpg

DSCN9807-M.jpg

A little test ride in the cold rain, and all seems to be well...
DSCN9814-M.jpg

no more probelmatic front crossover. no more evap canister.

the pipes are larger diameter, and though I wish they were plated or polished, they're pretty in a purposeful sort of way.

Nicola at Agostini's was a pleasure to deal with!

Hi Rocker59!
What fun to see that someone have bought Agostini exhaust system! Congratulations :)!!
I love the look of it and am very interested in acquiring such a system, to my -04 Ballabio. What are your impressions? Is it well constructed? When I look at your picture of the headers, I see that welding is not so well done. It looks like the crossover is not parallel with the bike, but hangs down in the back. Is it so or is it the picture that fooled? Is the system stable when the bracket on the crossover does not exist? What difference have you noticed out of power, torque and sound, compared to the original exhaust?

Best regards

Jorgen Hansson, Sweden

Jorgen,

I like the exhaust. Here are my impressions, so far:

1) larger diameter tubing
2) thinner wall tubing than the factory pipes
3) lighter than the factory exhaust
4) surprisingly solid and stable without the crossover mount (though I did save my factory crossover in event I decide to cut the bracket off and add it to the Ago's crossover)
5) a little more mechanical noise for me when riding. a little different tone to the exhaust, but still very quiet with factory cans.
6) I don't mind the welds. The exhaust has a works racer look to it. I like it.
7) I think the downward angle is mainly the perspective of my photos. See below for another photo.
8) I haven't ridden it enough to say on performance. I will update when I have put some more miles on.

DSCN9880-M.jpg

rocker59,

Thanks for your quick response and pedagogic answer! I would of course straighten out my question marks as soon as possible so that I can decide if I should order Agostini's exhausts or not. I would like to have the bike ready until driving season. Today it is snowing but I know that spring is nearly here with dry roads.

I also like the welds and the works racer look. But a weld can also be really beautiful if it's done in the best way. (I am a former welder ;) ) It looks like the joint on the headers are welded by MIG. I prefer when welds on an exhaust system in stainless steel are done by TIG.
The angle of the crossover looks quite okay on the last shot.
I look forward to hearing what you think about the performance.

Here are pics of my Ballabio.
As you can see, it is equipped with MG Titanium Factory Race systems. Works great and sounds fantastic.
2012-08-05-175.jpg
2012-06-22-119_1.jpg

Back