• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Air cleaner.... Ugggggggggg

^ You should try the Yamaha FJR1300 trans recall . But I definitely get your point , all that
time removing what always becomes fragile plastic to get to the job at hand . Peter

It was a poor design and inability to get all the clips to fix properly time after time, that made me follow another GTM forum member and junk the air-box and fit a pod filter.
This has eliminated any concerns of oil in the air-box by adding a small overflow vented bottle and the fear of a poorly sealed filter.

Thanks
Gavin
The Scottish Engineer IMG 0315

Last edited:
True , it's a bit of a nuisance , but , holy crap , compared to some Japanese touring bikes
it's nothing a bit (maybe a lot) of patience can't overcome . Although I do like your mono
filter mod . Peter

It was in poor design and inability to get all the clips to fix properly time after time, that made me follow another GTM forum member and junk the air-box and fit a pod filter.
This has eliminated any concerns of oil in the air-box by adding a small overflow vented bottle and the fear of a poorly sealed filter.

Thanks
Gavin
The Scottish Engineer
The only downside for you my friend, is the wet Scottish rain.

Pods and rain do not mix well.

Scott....I totally agree.....that was partly the reason for moving 500 miles south.
I now live on an Island with palm trees...windswept ...but palm trees none the less.
I’m now closer to Bordeaux (France) than Glasgow (Scotland)

Thanks

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Last edited:
It was in poor design and inability to get all the clips to fix properly time after time, that made me follow another GTM forum member and junk the air-box and fit a pod filter.

Thanks
Gavin
The Scottish Engineer
I, too, have installed UNI filter pods and an oil catch can.

Jason

Oil catch can? For the crankcase vent?
The valve covers on my V7 Cafe are not stock and each one has a breather nipple. So, I attached a hose to each nipple and to a catch-can that I located between the cylinders. At the top of the can there is a breather filter and at the bottom of the can there is a nipple with a hose attached that runs down to the crankcase. There's a check valve installed in this line that permits oil to flow into the crankcase but prevents crankcase oil from flowing out.

It's a neat installation and visually you don't know it's there. I suspect there is little to no oil being emitted from the valve covers, but felt they needed to be vented with a filter. I merely took one more step and vented the valve covers to a catch can. The oil line with a check valve was already installed on the bike when I got it. Also ill-fitting K&N filters were intalled in lieu of the stock air box, so I had plenty of room, once I removed the K&N filters, to install UNI filters and the catch can between the cylinders.

Jason

Scott....I totally agree.....that was partly the reason for moving 500 miles south.
I now live on an Island with palm trees...windswept ...but palm trees on the less.
I’m now closer to Bordeaux (France) than Glasgow (Scotland)

Thanks

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer
Where is there palm tree covered island in the North Atlantic ?

Deadeye.......I’m on an Island in the Thames estuary.......nearest main water lane is the English Channel
The warm jet stream seems to create a micro climate....some thought it was the flames from the methane pumps and oil terminals but most have shut down.......so it seems no...Canvey Island has an unique temp range for the UK.
Palm trees and postmen in shorts is a daily sight...even in January......the women are tall and invariably bare legged
It’s a quite a change from Glasgow......trust me

Thanks

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

OK
Got the air filter changed out today. I think it was easier to change the one on my Triumph 900 triple ( had to remove carbs ) ANYWAY its done and all the clips are back on! I can only hope that before its next scheduled service date, THAT I GET HIT BY ANOTHER MOTORCYCLE AGAIN!!

I've noticed that different bikes with higher levels of difficulty involved with changing the air filter have longer intervals. Of course, the size and type and dusty conditions are factors but I don't see much risk in pushing it on a road bike or car based on what I've seen. I have the cotton type and clean it every 6k miles anyway.

Back