• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Alloy Fuel Cap Assembly for 1100 Sport

OldJock

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi

I already posted up on WG but John & Todd often surprise me with their encyclopedic knowledge on where to get stuff I thought I'd give it a go here too.

Starting to strip a Sfida 1100 for a complete refurb. The paint is already done and looking at the gas tank which uses (I think) the standard 1100 sport fuel cap. I'd really like to replace that with something billet in Alloy like a "race" type cap with no lock if possible but anything considered.

Anybody any ideas where to purchase such a thing or as alternate if that style of gas cap is used on any other Italian motorcycles?

Once the thing gathers some momentum I'll start to post some pictures, right now though it just looks awful :roll:

Many Thanks

John

Hi Ghezzi

Yeah 3 of them locate & 3 are just there for looks on the original assembly.

That looks very nice and I'll drop them a line to find out more. Good price too

Many Thanks

John

Just to close this out and as a huge thanks to Oberon I thought I'd post up what I did

I contacted the supplier as recommended by Ghezzi and also Oberon as I really liked their gas caps and ended up with conflicting info. As I'm on the wrong side of the pond so to speak I did not want to order from US to find something would not fit as its a complete nightmare transporting stuff to and fro.

Oberon got me to send them the Guzzi part and made some alterations to an existing gas cap in their range and got it anodized just for me. They said they would happily supply others if their was any demand too.

I also could not make up my mind if I wanted a red or a black filler either.

After the alterations they sent me my old cap, the new cap assembly with a red cap and a black cap in the package at no charge as they wanted to know if it would work first and would not charge if it did not.

It did and it cost me the same as a standard cap from their range. The photos do not do the quality of the part justice either it is gorgeous

Any company that goes to that trouble and provides that level of service deserves a HUGE thumbs up in my book as I don't come across it too often

OberonGasCap2_zps311ffea5.jpg

OberonGasCap1_zps89fb3f77.jpg

I chose the black cap in the end

John

Ok, I need one of you Poms with a V7 or a Bellagio to go see Oberon and get one made for me. (5 bolt)
Got a chromed V7 tank on my Bellagio (same chromed cap), but a black cap would look better.

Back