• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Almost Heaven...on a V7

pyoungbl

Cruisin' Guzzisti
This past weekend I explored the twists and turns in Pocahontas County, West Virginia. My 2013 V7 Special just had her 600 mile service so this trip was a break-in for the bike and a chance to really get to know how I will relate after so many years on 100 hp machines. To make life easy we stayed at the Old Clark Inn (http://www.oldclarkinn.com)
IMG_0701-M.jpg

Pocahontas County makes a real effort to promote motorcycle tourists. They even have a tankbag sized map with eight riding loops that include many of the best roads and attractions. http://www.pocahontascountywv.com/motorcycle_touring.aspx I'll show a couple:
IMG_0710-M.jpg
Route 150, aka the Scenic Highway, is a 25 mile loop through a national forest...it is on Federal land and has very light traffic but the road is beautiful, with sweeping turns and great sight lines. Now, I'm not going to encourage anyone to exceed the speed limit but.....

IMG_0706-M.jpg

NARO is a must do stop. The one hour tour is a fascinating look at deep space exploration by radio telescope. They have a couple dozen telescopes, including the largest of its type in the world.

IMG_0702-M.jpg

Cass, WV, was a company owned logging town around the mid 1900s. When the company folded the state of West Virginia took over the town and railroad as a state park. You can rent vacation houses there and the historic railroad operates two and four hour trips daily. Once again, it's a must-do stop. More info here: http://www.cassrailroad.com/

Of course I never take enough photos to do justice to the trip. Suffice to say that I'll be going back!

Peter Y.

That's a very cool trip report. I'd love to go to some of those places. I'm not sure how far it would be but if you are remotely near Clarksburg, WV and like Italian at all you should go to Minard's Spaghetti Inn for a meal. It's got a very interesting history and great food.

Thanks for the memories Peter... I spent a great deal of time riding that area in the late 80s. Pic below is from inside the Cass Train Station circa '89 or so (does it still look like that? I'm the young one in jail stripes, rightfully so from my riding antics). I remember riding on the train with the smoke billowing into open passenger cars. The guy in the back of the picture was my Dad's friend, an ex-Triumph Factory Trials Rider and worker from when they had a location in MD. He was a hell of a rider, and the guy that drug us all out on trips like this, and most every Sunday.

Ray_C-Us-WV.jpg

Did you get to the Grist Mill as well?

glade-creek-grist-mill-located-in-babcock-state-park-west-virginia-brendan-reals.jpg

Todd, I did not see the mill. Maybe next time, if my local contacts can tell me where it is. The whole area is full of neat old barns and houses that have been abandoned. There is basically no industry in the entire county other than logging and farming so the population has dwindled and many of the buildings are left to fall apart. The work situation is one reason why motorcyclists are welcomed with open arms. We bring $$$ and make no real demands on the infrastructure. Add in the fact that the roads are in very good repair and running through real mountains...makes for great motorcycle riding.
Here's the blog from the trip: http://marlinton2013.blogspot.com/

Peter Y.

Todd, when I wore a younger man's clothes I was in a whitewater kayak phase. Among my many foolish adventures were multiple trips down the New River and two trips down the upper Gauley (during dam release when it's a good class V river). Although it was a 6 hour trip back to Richmond we made countless trips to The Gorge, also to Cannan Valley, Dolly Sods, Seneca Rocks, and Seneca State Park. If you like outdoor stuff West Virginia is hard to beat. On the motorcycle side of things there are darn few dealers in the state, none for Moto Guzzi or Ducati. It's strictly BYO parts but the riding is fantastic.

Peter Y.

Back