• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Amazing Video explains perfectly Why I Adore Moto Guzzi So Very Much...

scottmastrocinque

GT Godfather!
GT di Razza Pura
I just stumbled upon this video and I'm so happy that I did.

More than anything I have ever seen, this explains precisely why I adore this marque like no other. The incredibly rich history of Moto Guzzi from the very beginning to the modern day, and now reaching into the next 100 years, is simply without comparison by any other manufacturer in the world.

Moto Guzzi motorcycles are a passion that gets into your blood and infects you with the passion of a Guzzista.

To me, there is nothing more satisfying in the motorcycle world and the reason I always defend the pride and achievements of this one of a kind, hand-builder of the greatest motorcycles ever constructed in the world.

Lastly, look at the faces and the eyes of the people in this video. They all are associated with this marque because of their love and passion for it. I recognize that look because I have it in my eyes too whenever I am around this marque.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. I never get tired of watching it.

I'm sure to some, my passion for this marque is over the top, but to me, as a grandson of Italian immigrants to this great country of ours, I have a deep personal connection to this factory as my grandfather worked there for several years before emigrating to this country. (My grandfather and Carlo Guzzi were the same age. Both were born 1889 and both died in 1964).

These photos were taken on my last trip there in 2018. I was the only person in the museum that day, and sitting at Carlo Guzzi's desk took on a sureal feeling. It was glorious to sit in the same chair, same desk, same telephone, same furniture that this great visionary of a man, used right up until his death. (A little liner note: According to the museum docent I spent a great deal of time with, in the many years that Sig. Guzzi's personal effects have been in this room, NOTHING has ever been stolen or removed from the room. Not a single thing. The same thing applies to the personal effects of Sig. Omobono Tenni and Ing. Carcarno that are in the factory as well.)

My signature exists in the guestbooks on his desk, along with others from all over the world over the years.

Among those at the factory, Sig. Carlo Guzzi was and still is, loved and revered by everybody. Ditto Sig. Giorgio Parodi. They were both something else indeed.

2929886a9b8e8b3ec2e5f0836bb2a490
Sig. Carlo Guzzi

Carlo guzzi stanley wood pilota giorgio parodi 39or
Sig. Carlo Guzzi, Sig. Stanley Woods (10 time Isle of Man Winner including twice on Moto Guzzi), Sig. Giorgio Parodi

Copertinatenni
Sig. Omobono Tenni

About the only thing that would excite me more would be if I owned an actual wrench or tool from Ing. Giulio Cesare Carcano himself. (Be still my beating heart...)

Carcano
Ing. Giulio Cesare Carcano

Augusto Farneti – Professor, journalist and motorcycling expert said of him:

Giulio Cesare Carcano had a scientific interest in the races. We would find him in the box, at the edge of the race track, […] A sure point of reference for the drivers with whom he often became friends, a confidant, he knew how to surround himself with competent collaborators and devotees who would follow him right to the end in a sporting story that was without equals. The sportsmen idolised him. This unrepeatable situation, almost like some sort of planetary alignment, was a major contributing factor to Moto Guzzi’s record number of victories.

Ildo Renzetti, a designer and engineer at Moto Guzzi, recalls:

I met Carcano in 1950. I had been taken on by Moto Guzzi, my first job. He was 40 years old, but he looked much younger: tall, thick hair, open-necked sports shirt, suede bomber jacket, the air of a gentleman about him. He was just a little bit intimidating. I summoned up the nerve to ask him for some explanations about the work I was doing. Not only did he answer me with all due detail, but he also started asking me questions. It was no easy thing to make friends with Carcano, but in my case, we hit it off immediately. In his circle of friends there was no room for anyone who was arrogant, presumptuous or full of themselves.
He loved cats, engines and sailboats. The cats ruled the roost. When I went to visit him there were always two magnificent cats sitting on two cushions, listening in on our conversation, with an expression of great interest in what we had to say. To be honest, Carcano had a lot of the cat about him: intelligence, quick reflexes and a great love of freedom. In his work too he had to have absolute freedom. He detested being told what to do. As a designer, he had an exceptional genius, but the project had to be one that fired his enthusiasm, otherwise it would come to nothing. I had the enormous good fortune to have him as a teacher, but especially the privilege to have him as a friend.

Carcano died at almost ninety-five years of age in his house in Mandello.

I just love Moto Guzzi motorcycles and I always will. No other motorcycle company has the history, the camaraderie, and the worldwide adulation of Guzzisti of every kind.

Carlo Guzzis Desk 1

Carlo Guzzis Desk

Carlo Guzzis Desk 2

Carlo Guzzis Desk 3

IMG 20181018 152733855

Last edited:
"Eh! Chi è questo chooch alla mia scrivania?" :D [Slang: The term is derived from the Italian word "ciuccio" and means jackass, dummy, idiot, or moron. A chooch is a person, who against better judgement, acts inappropriately.]

:D However, in my defense, I was INVITED to sit there - Twice.

I had to really think about it before I said yes. I know, silly, but to me, it was amazing and I felt honored to be invited!

Last edited:
I dug this out of my archives. It's the ships manifest from the S.S. Asia, which sailed from Marseilles, France, where my grandfather's parents (my great grandparents) lived in Lyon in their later years. (Lyon is 500 km precisely west of Mandello del Lario on the exact same latitude) It's dated June 3rd, 1921. (Moto Guzzi was legally formed on the ides of March, 1921).

My family is like Napoleon Bonaparte, Italians that had strong connections to France for centuries.

It was the second time my grandfather, Adolfo Mastrocinque, had come to America. This time it was with his first wife, Filomena Venditti, whom he brought back to America to live and care for her aging parents.

Look at the occupation column. My grandfather scratched out the word "technician" and wrote in his own handwriting, "mechanic", something he was incredibly proud of. He returned later that same year to Mandello del Lario and began working with Carlo Guzzi.

I've never shared this with anybody before. I hope you enjoy it.

Screen Shot 2022 07 25 at 12942 PM

Screen Shot 2022 07 25 at 23010 PM

Last edited:
I dug this out of my archives. It's the ships manifest from the S.S. Asia, which sailed from Marseilles, France, where my grandfather's parents (my great grandparents) lived in Lyon in their later years. (Lyon is 500 km precisely west of Mandello del Lario on the exact same latitude) It's dated June 3rd, 1921. (Moto Guzzi was legally formed on the ides of March, 1921).

My family is like Napoleon Bonaparte, Italians that had strong connections to France for centuries.

It was the second time my grandfather, Adolfo Mastrocinque, had come to America. This time it was with his first wife, Filomena Venditti, whom he brought back to America to live and care for her aging parents.

Look at the occupation column. My grandfather scratched out the word "technician" and wrote in his own handwriting, "mechanic", something he was incredibly proud of. He returned later that same year to Mandello del Lario and began working with Carlo Guzzi.

View attachment 25856

View attachment 25857
That's really interesting family history!

I wish I knew more about my Italian grandfather. His name was Leon Marc Timidei, which is an unusual name. He immigrated to the United States and lived in the Northwest corner of Connecticut. He was an oilfield wildcatter but, unfortunately, passed away before I was born.

Jason

Remarkable and incredible Scott! Thanks for sharing. Something to be exceptionally proud of... including his work with Carlo!

"Eh! Chi è questo chooch alla mia scrivania?" :D [Slang: The term is derived from the Italian word "ciuccio" and means jackass, dummy, idiot, or moron. A chooch is a person, who against better judgement, acts inappropriately.]

:D However, in my defense, I was INVITED to sit there - Twice.

I had to really think about it before I said yes. I know, silly, but to me, it was amazing and I felt honored to be invited!
I would not be so Rude ( I was going to say Clown / Bozo but …)

With your strong ancestral ties to Moto Guzzi coupled with your passion for the marque, why don't you become a dealer?

Jason

With your strong ancestral ties to Moto Guzzi coupled with your passion for the marque, why don't you become a dealer?

Jason
If you search this topic here, you'll get a general consensus that... "If you want to make a million dollars as a dealer, start with two million..." that and your blood pressure will go up, hopefully without having a heart attack. This is a general statement regarding business with Piaggio U.S.

If you search this topic here, you'll get a general consensus that... "If you want to make a million dollars as a dealer, start with two million..." that and your blood pressure will go up, hopefully without having a heart attack. This is a general statement regarding business with Piaggio U.S.

Well, if the passionate folks don't want to become Moto Guzzi dealers then who does that leave?

Sadly, I think that unless folks feelings about Piaggio change or Piaggio changes its business model with respect to its Moto Guzzi dealers, this brand will cease to exist in ten years or so.

Jason

Last edited:
Well, if the passionate folks don't want to become Moto Guzzi dealers then who does that leave?

Sadly, I think that unless folks feelings about Piaggio change or Piaggio changes its business model with respect to its Moto Guzzi dealers, this brand will cease to exist in ten years or so.

Jason
It's been like this for decades. If you don't get it, then you don't get it.
if you want a Guzzi be prepared to be your own mechanic, unless you live near Todd or Scott. The rest of us take care of our girls ourselves.

Truly, I love the marque so much and I would but the fact of the matter is, here, in the USA, we are truly a niche brand.

There simply isn’t enough volume of motorcycle sales, to support a dealership and unfortunately, the giant megalopolis 15,000 sq ft multi line dealers with millions of dollars invested, who jump in and carry a few Piaggios, Vespa, Aprilia and Moto Guzzi motorcycles, get white glove treatment from Piaggio USA, and the solo marque shops, like Cadre Cycle in Cincinnati, scratch out a very modest living only by hook and crook and a great deal of luck.

Most loose money…

Todd’s quote is truthful. To make a small fortune with Moto Guzzi in the USA, start with a large fortune.

Besides, I’d rather be a passionate Guzzista than a dealer.

My best friend and I were just talking about this yesterday when he was admiring my collection sitting in my workshop.

Unless you want a V7 or V85 or V9, what are your choices? Not a whole hell of a lot.

There is nothing that remotely resembles my V-10 Centauro, California Vintage, Stelvio NTX, Norge 1200, or 1200 Sport. Nothing.

There are no heavier large displacement motorcycles, no true performance bikes, no tourers, no fairings and wind protection, and nothing that I would call a comfortable high-speed cross country road machine.

A V85TT is about the best of the best of the current offering, and as much as I loved the one I rode at Cadre Cycles 2 years ago, it was not at all going to budge me off of my 2012 Stelvio NTX. No way no how. Even if they offered me a trade of my NTX for a brand new V85TT, I would decline.

I’m praying that the new V100 platform becomes the next base for motorcycles like the Moto Guzzi motorcycles that I own now.

The V7, V85, and V9 will simply not carry the company forward.

Piaggio knows this and I am sure they have great plans in the works as far as Mandello del Lario production is concerned.

Last edited:
Unless you want a V7 or V85 or V9, what are your choices? Not a whole hell of a lot.

Piaggio knows this and I am sure they have great plans in the works as far as Mandello del Lario production is concerned.

Indeed, I couldn't help but notice the contracted Moto Guzzi model line-up.

The new liquid cooled engine looks promising in the sport model. Let's hope it's a success and then becomes the power plant for a range of Moto Guzzi models.

Jason

Truly, I love the marque so much and I would but the fact of the matter is, here, in the USA, we are truly a niche brand.

There simply isn’t enough volume of motorcycle sales, to support a dealership and unfortunately, the giant megalopolis 15,000 sq ft multi line dealers with millions of dollars invested, who jump in and carry a few Piaggios, Vespa, Aprilia and Moto Guzzi motorcycles, get white glove treatment from Piaggio USA, and the solo marque shops, like Cadre Cycle in Cincinnati, scratch out a very modest living only by hook and crook and a great deal of luck.

Most loose money…

Todd’s quote is truthful. To make a small fortune with Moto Guzzi in the USA, start with a large fortune.

Besides, I’d rather be a passionate Guzzista than a dealer.

My best friend and I were just talking about this yesterday when he was admiring my collection sitting in my workshop.

There is nothing that remotely resembles my V-10 Centauro, California Vintage, Stelvio NTX, Norge 1200, or 1200 Sport. Nothing.

There are no heavier large displacement motorcycles, no true performance bikes, no tourers, no fairings and wind protection, and nothing that I would call a comfortable high-speed cross country road machine.

A V85TT is about the best of the best of the current offering, and as much as I loved the one I rode at Cadre Cycles 2 years ago, it was not at all going to budge me off of my 2012 Stelvio NTX. No way no how. Even if they offered me a trade of my NTX for a brand new V85TT, I would decline.

I’m praying that the new V100 platform becomes the next base for motorcycles like the Moto Guzzi motorcycles that I own now.

i have fjr owners admire the flowing lines of the norge compared to the transformer like angles of the fjr. they admit quietly thats it's a much better looking bike...

Back