• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Amazing what humor and wisdom can do....

loudviking

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Mixed in with 4 shots of 1800 Tequlia.
So it has been a trying week at work, as well as home. New garage door
costing a lot, can't hire anybody worth a shit at work to put in a full day of work....
Rain here in South Dakota constantly as of late blah, blah....
Because of storms rolling in(high wind, rain and hail) at lunch to meet another salesman for
the garage door I rode the V7iii Special home as my bikes don't see bad weather per me.
Get home and pull it in the garage with it's sister(the Stornello) and I realize my RPM gauge
needle is down at the bottom of the gauge! Turn bike back on and at idle showing nothing for rpm's.
After talking with garage door salesman(more about the bikes than the door, he has never seen one)
I went back to work, and strangely not mad! Worked the rest of the day with today's society as customers and
came home. Had my shot's of 1800 and walked out to the Special and got a smile on my face! I am now a Guzzi owner
and proud of it, 13,000 miles on South Dakota roads and this is my first issue. I will get it fixed all by my lonesome as no
dealers around here, and I am sure will cuss and get pissed while doing it. But it is Italian, with wine being drank at lunch while being built, and
there is the charm. the damn S.O.B. finally has an issue, and it is up to me to fix it. I am mildly concerned with taking it apart, but all is good...
Still have that shit eating grin as I write this, great damn bikes!!!

Your writing made me laugh raucously. You are preaching to the choir here my friend! I finally closed my workshop and retired. I couldn’t get anybody to even appy for two mechanic jobs at $50/hr wages plus full benefits. It was ridiculous. Nobody wants to work anymore. Nobody.

I have to fix my garage door too. Been putting it off for a few seasons and cannot put off anymore.

Now that I am retired, I have my own 9 motorcycles to work on, and unfortunately, while I am still healing from carotid-subclavian bypass surgery, my family won’t let me step foot into my home workshop yet. I am “protected from myself” by 3 adult male family members plus our youngest son who lives just up the road 25 miles.

I am chomping at the bit to repair the cracked and leaking oil breather line leak on my Stelvio, replace the aluminum gearsets in my V-10 Centauro, repair the tip over damage on my X9 Piaggio scooter that my oldest son did, finish the restoration work on my 1991 BMW R100 Classic I just acquired, and then wash and wax my other lovely Moto Guzzi, Ural, and Piaggio motorcycles so I can begine riding again. I want to ride every day as soon as I am able.

Yep…right there with you my brother…yep.

After being a Harley guy since the early 1980's it was time for something different. In San Diego you can't go more than a mile without running into a bunch of Harley's that all look the same. So I went different with a Guzzi. Specifically a used 2016 Stone V7 II. I enjoy the puzzled looks when I pull up somewhere and people try to figure out what the hell it is. It really fun doing this at a Harley dealership. So you're my type of idiot and I'll be your huckleberry. I off from riding for a couple of months as I heal from getting my second knee replacement last week. So now I'm bionic with now two replaced knees and a pacemaker. I find out how "hip" people are if a make a six million dollar man reference in talking to them about my situation

Back