Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

An update

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by Meldrew, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Meldrew

Meldrew Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Having finally got the bike back from the dealers it was all set up and ready to go.
    Additions and upgrades so far are:
    MG rack with touring box (bit bigger than what I need but I got it at a steal so it's here to stay (for now)).
    MG leather Tank bra and tank bag
    Hepco becker C bow pannier frames (modified to fit with MG rack) and Hepco Becker 35L Buffalo bags.
    Custom rider backrest from Utopia. Passenger seat re-shaped and re-covered.
    Front fork lowers bead blasted and coated Satin black.
    Matris fork springs and Shock factory rear twin shocks.
    Modified airbox cover and air filter.
    MG Medium touring screen.
    Still to get. Todd's full fuelling kit (visiting the USA for the first time in Oct/Nov so will pick up direct from the man himself (and maybe some other bits if the missus allows)).
    Agostini mandello mufflers.
    Went for a ride out the other day with swmbo with the box and panniers fitted. The new fork springs and shocks have totally transformed the handling. Whereas before the front end dived and juddered under braking, everything is now much more planted, the rear end tracks beautifully with no wallowing or twitching. Can approach corners and roundabouts much faster and have the confidence that nothing is going to scrape or dig in. My advice if you don't have them junk the originals and get them ordered from Todd's shop, you won't regret it.
    Some pics:
    IMG_20190824_131255.jpg IMG_20190824_131325.jpg IMG_20190824_120240.jpg IMG_20190824_131240.jpg IMG_20190824_131122.jpg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  2. stephenm

stephenm Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Beautiful! Really lovely. I upgraded my 2013 Touring with Todd's fuelling kit, but went one further with the full exhaust system, from head to tail. This eliminated the double wall headers, bolt on chromed covers, thin wall pipe etc. The stepped headers and reverse cone meg mufflers are well matched to the fuelling kit, are built solid and look great. The bike 'hauls.' Highly recommended.

Stephen

GT-Rx® likes this.
  3. Meldrew

Yup, would certainly have gone for Todd's full exhaust system but unfortunately I need a system that's homologated otherwise it definitely would have been on the shopping list.

4. stephenm

stephenm Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Yes, I realised that would probably be the case after I pressed send. One of my brothers has a heavily modified Road King in Spain, and every 2 years he has to muffle it to death for its inspection. Even has to reinstall the double seat etc.

5. Meldrew

Another little add on, thought I'd get the fog light kit, maybe some drl's to follow.

IMG_20191005_141629.jpg

John L likes this.
  6. Meldrew

Just fitted the Agostini Mandello mufflers in preparation for Todd's fuelling kit. Happy days.
    IMG_20191019_160405.jpg

John L, Glenn Thorpe and PaulDavies like this.
  7. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Very nice, for those of us on the other side of the pond I would suggest these are one of the better options available. To my knowledge these and the VPerformance units are the only silencers (mufflers for those stateside) that are homologated.
    All available from the GT store as well as the preferred choice, Todd’s own offerings.

8. Glenn Thorpe

Glenn Thorpe Tuned and Synch'ed

Very cool Eldorado!

9. Meldrew

Fuelling kit fitted, bmc air filter and air box mod done. just got to find the time to get the new maps loaded. Cant wait, but its minus 2 here at the moment and no way is the bike coming out the garage.