• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

And then there were three

Thank you for Re-posting :)
That was Epic - how Cool !

( Um that rear tire looked a bit low on air coming off the trailer :( )
Looks a bit harry on that Salt - not so smooth !!!
How fast did you go ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Indeed! 23 C on November 5th. If this is global warming, bring it on.
I did a 250 km ride today. Up to Bouchette and then across the river and up to Mont. Laurier by the back roads. Some of it is brutally rough but other parts are twisty with fresh pavement.
P.S. Rode to Aylmer and back yesterday, about 180 km round trip.

Aside from a leaf here or there, they look the same to me. I cannot really see a difference. 😆

Last edited:
Are you going to be taking all of your bikes overseas when the time comes ?
Or will you keep some “here” to drive when you come back to the Colonies to visit ?

Last edited:
I did a 400+ km trek today on my Norge with my buddy on his R1200 RT. Down to Grenville and Lachute on the 148 East, across the bridge to Ontario. Up along the river (scenic route) to Ottawa and then back over to Quebec to the 148 North/West up to Shawville and back across the 303 East to Kazabazua. 8 1/2 hours including stops.

I swear I saw that same cloud formation in your picture above your bike when I was heading east. They stayed like that for a very long time.

Last edited:
And then there were 9…😆😆😆

Just got back from Minnesota (1700 mile roundtrip) where I acquired a blast from my past.

In my life, I owned a 1991 BMW R100 “Classic” brand new off the showroom floor. It was the best airhead BMW ever built in my opinion. I loved that motorcycle.

Only 180 were ever built and only 130 came to the USA and 50 went to Japan. Like a stupid 26 year old, I sold that bike and instantly regretted it. I’ve been searching for another for over 20 years and finally found one that wasn’t ham-fisted to death.

This one is 90% correct (the worst offense being the European “S” bars - cafe racers suck! And don’t chrome Bing Carburetor domes! BMW’s aren’t chrome queens!) and I am returning everything to stock condition, all that is incorrect. When I am done, she is going to be truly wonderful again.

She runs, shifts and drives like a beautiful memory. I’ve missed an airhead boxer motor. Just lovely.

BMW operated on a “Rugged Simplicity” design theory back then, and this just oozes from this motorcycle. These airheads are so wonderfully understressed motors, that just run literally forever.

70507825551  722EC2E3 E25B 4C97 B8F6 127FA1483611 70507818916  F66DC863 6E87 41B0 8665 32A9ADB91759

BMW R100 Classic Right Side

IMG 0017

Last edited:
LOL, Scott,Scott Scott ,
She’s a beauty
Your just going to have get a couple of container and Ship them All overseas when you move.
I’m sure you’ll be able to find three more to “Round Out” the collection to an Even Dozen 😍 once you get there !

In my life, I owned a 1991 BMW R100 “Classic” brand new off the showroom floor.
Nice Scott, congrats! The only one that almost got me was a ‘93 R100R that sat on the showroom floor at Bob’s BMW in Jessup, MD. It was deep purple and color, and it still sticks in my mind. If you saw my Bio post, BMWs are in my Family roots on my Mom’s side.
At that time in my life though, I had many other bikes, including a K100RS (that I had painted that purple), Ducati 900SS, and an original HD Fat Boy. My good friend, that drug me to Bob’s often, owned a well cared for dark grey ‘81 R100CS, offered to me at an incredibly low price that won out. It was also the year I started Road Racing a Hawk GT (thanks to Two Bros), so $ started flying out the window. The last gen air-head R’s still make me smile:

IMG 4796

That said, WTH is going on at BMW these days?

IMG 4794

Back