• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

And then there were three

DeadEye

GT Reference
GT di Razza Pura
After aimlessly trolling the classified looking at Cafe Racers there was no way I could justify getting an even more impractical bike :blush:
Then I saw an add for one of these : 12418076 740D 4BB4 82BC 6C619CDE5FCA

It came with the hard cases and under 15 ,000 Miles ( US bike from Oregon).
Older fella bought it, brought it back to Canada, didn’t ride it much, he passed away and his son sold it to the guy I picked it up from.
He only put a couple thousand Km on it in the years he had it...
I had looked at a couple of the big BMW cruisers, but they didn’t do anything for me :rolleyes:
This on the other hand will be for longer tours, maybe multi day outings.. if it proves to be comfortable...

I’ll never get to Scott’s 7 ? 8 ??, and I didn’t use him in my justification with the Ms. even if she agreed to ‘It’ she doesn’t see the point of another @#&$@% motorcycle !
If she really did, she might have her own.
Is it spring yet ?

49906090 32F9 4461 B7A3 DC829C6B7965

Last edited:
Very nice Yellow Jacket! The exhaust tucked up under the seat in the tail is a nice feature.
That's funny. I was just this minute checking shipping costs for an MV Agusta from points West.

P.S. Just 2 1/2 months till legal riding day! PMS is hitting hard.

Last edited:
Legal riding day?

Seriously? In Canada?
Just Quebec, not all of Canada. Snow tires are required from December 1st to March 15th, motorcycles included. Yes, people do get fined for it, especially in Montreal.
There is a company in Turkey that makes them but they are hard to find, especially in North America. anlas-tyres.co.uk

Last edited:
First, congrats on the new steed. I have a love/hate with BMW. My grandfather and mother lived them when I was a kid (pics below, and my Mom up until recently still)… However the last two decades they’ve become despised by me as arduous PITA machines, and the attitudes that go with them. I’ve owned an airhead, oilhead and a brick. I have good friends that can’t seem to live without an R9T (so I unfortunately still work on them). Oy.
Upside for you is dealer network, downside is costs… and keep it on the centerstand unless you want a garage-full of smoke on each start up.

Would’ve rather seen the one at the bottom below in that spot. Oh well, enjoy!
p.s. My bike ownership might be as long as this post, so I’ll spare everyone. Ha ha.

BBAE1E3F A627 40DE B1E5 2A95A3D9362F
AEC3EDD7 391B 4F09 86E0 4DDE1F1B2E26
2ACD13B5 61EA 4527 B63B 4AD2FFBEB691

Damn.

Been looking for one of those too! Nice catch!

Congratulations!
Hessus - good thing I didn’t goof off too long, or you might have snatched it out from under my nose !
Very nice Yellow Jacket! The exhaust tucked up under the seat in the tail is a nice feature.
That's funny. I was just this minute checking shipping costs for an MV Agusta from points West.

P.S. Just 2 1/2 months till legal riding day! PMS is hitting hard.
I borrowed a friends trailer, drove down to Coburg and back Wednesday, 14 hours by the time I returned what I borrowed.

I owned a R1100S brand new in 2001. The yellow and silver one. I do miss it. It was a very civilized sporting motorcycle and very nice as a road going motorcycle. The only reason I sold it was temporary brain damage!

Oh, this one also came with a much larger windshield ( on top of the foam on the left )
The original owner found it after the sale, but gave it to the last owner , he never installed it, passed it on to me...

Um, is the power port a normal lighter size ?
A trickle charger came with it, it plugs in, but it looks weirdly smaller than Car cigarette lighters ???

I had one of those and then got a fantastic trade in for an R1200s with Ohlins front and rear, liked both bikes and quite different slowing down with little to no movement of the headlight beam, but it was very odd at the track trying to find the limits of braking even with the ABS turned off. Both were exceptionally reliable and did over 50,000kms on each of them.

First, congrats on the new steed. I have a love/hate with BMW. My grandfather and mother lived them when I was a kid (pics below, and my Mom up until recently still)… However the last two decades they’ve become despised by me as arduous PITA machines, and the attitudes that go with them. I’ve owned an airhead, oilhead and a brick. I have good friends that can’t seem to live without an R9T (so I unfortunately still work on them). Oy.
Upside for you is dealer network, downside is costs… and keep it on the centerstand unless you want a garage-full of smoke on each start up.

Would’ve rather seen the one at the bottom below in that spot. Oh well, enjoy!
p.s. My bike ownership might be as long as this post, so I’ll spare everyone. Ha ha.

View attachment 23911
View attachment 23908
View attachment 23910
I've been trying to find one of those sport 1100s to no avail

I guess it might have been a ploy to attract the younger sport bike crowd - it might not have worked out as well as they planed ... although I found a site that claimed 33,741 were produced, not small numbers..

Enjoy your new ride! The power port is smaller than the normal cigarette lighter. It is sometimes called a Hella DIN or Powerlet socket. You can find plugs that have a removable tip (removable portion in place for cigarette lighter and removed for DIN). I attached a photo so you can see the combination plug with and without the removable tip. The DIN plug is more compact than the combination plug. I plan to install a powerlet socket on the V85TT before long so I can use the same heated vest and battery maintainers with both bikes. Although I considered the R1100S, I chose the R1150RS when I bought a new bike in 2002. I will keep it as long as I can keep riding. The R1150RS and the V85TT complement each other with the RS for strictly pavement riding and the V85TT for everything else. Here is a photo after 19 years.
Powerlet Plugs R1150 RS 2021 06 13

Thank you for the confirmation Gerrizona :giggle:
Looks like we have the same cases.
You took care of it, looks like New !

FA0A4459 EE7E 42C7 AF35 9B38C9929373

The tender that came with it attaches using one of these.
Santa brought a GPS so I’m going to wire it in with a matching 12v SAE (?) to use that connector

Dontario
( I’m really in Quebec but the joke didn’t work as well with Donbec :blush: )

Last edited:
So, I’m wondering, however “Like New” the bike looks all that rubber & seals are 20+ years old !
I’m planning on ordering valve cover / plug gaskets so I have them when that jobs needs to be done,
I guess I’ll check the gator/boot on the Cardon drive, brake lines for cracks, aging any other suggestions...

Thanks,
Don

Last edited:
Back