RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Welcome to the GT Forum! GuzziTech is now back to our origins; We hope you enjoy the Guzzi Global Community Forum here. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: If you are posting on numerous sites on the web, please stop back and follow up. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com - Store tab above. You need a different username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation with several business going at once - Sign into the Store to check on orders before contacting us. Thanks for your patience on orders. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000~2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

Angeles Crest

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by guzzibob, Feb 28, 2017.

1. guzzibob

guzzibob GT Reference

Anyone been up to Newcomb's since the last series of storms? Wondering if the road is completely clear of all snow & ice. There are those couple of shady spots just below Newcomb's that are always the last to totally thaw out.

2. mohawkeye

mohawkeye Cruisin' Guzzisti

I was stupid enough to go up Sunday morning, and did a very slow (<10mph) high-side in the Shadies. Bruised the lowest left rib and punched a hole in the bottom of the left valve cover. Lucky for me, I was holding up an acquaintance who was driving; he helped me pick up the Stelvio and drove me to Newcomb's. I and the bike went home in/on a flatbed tow truck; by that time the Shadies and all turnouts had been well-plowed. I just had to see WSBK race 2 and WSSP! :banghead: Would've saved money if I'd subscribed w/Dorna for the "anytime" feed. I'm picking up a new valve cover from Todd tomorrow.

3. guzzibob

guzzibob GT Reference

Sure am glad I decided to ask rather than just head up. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Appreciate you sharing info. Sounds like bike damage is minimal, your damage a bit more but nothing a little time won't cure.

4. mohawkeye

mohawkeye Cruisin' Guzzisti

Bob, if nobody else has told you, the road has been dry since last Wednesday, and I'm guessing that it'll be dry after yesterday's rain by tomorrow. BTW, Newcomb's Ranch is open again on Mondays, starting today.

5. guzzibob

guzzibob GT Reference

To clarify for anyone who might be wondering Newcombs is now closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays and open the rest of the week. I was up there yesterday and the road was pretty much clear no problems.

6. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti

IMG_1431-small.jpg IMG_1429_small.jpg
    IMG_1428_small.jpg IMG_1423_small.jpg
    Angeles Crest Highway 03.25.17

RAYT likes this.
  7. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Very nice.

Stradagene likes this.
  8. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque High Miler GT Famiglia

You're making me homesick! I was born and raised in San Diego (Mt. Palomar, Wildcat Canyon, Mesa Grande, etc), went to school in Claremont and lived in Wrightwood for 1.5 years so Angeles Crest and I are old friends. I remember back 30 years ago, blasting up and down that road and if I saw a cop 1 time out of 50, I was amazed but now my friends tell me the place is crawling with CHP. Newcombs Ranch is still Newcombs Ranch I bet - Dingy little dive with decent burgers! Oh well, times are a changing for sure... Thanks for the memories!

Stradagene likes this.
  9. RAYT

RAYT Just got it firing!

HWY2 "The Best"