Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Anniversario brown seat on a Stone Gray v7ii?

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Phillip Lin, Oct 22, 2017.

?

BROWN Anniversario Seat on a Stone Gray v7ii?

1. Looks great!

2. Save your $ looks off

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Phillip Lin

Phillip Lin Just got it firing!

Do you think it would look off with the only thing being brown?

Here are some pics of my bike and seat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JACoH

JACoH Cruisin' Guzzisti

Only way to tell is to try it. Or see if you have a program on your computer to change the color it on a jpeg file. I think it might look pretty good, the Anniversario with the chrome tank kinda looks like grey.

Poppe and Phillip Lin like this.
  3. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

Personally, I think it looks a little odd without a rear fender given that shape seat. The colors should work fine; an aluminum front and rear fender would make it lovely.

Poppe likes this.
  4. Phillip Lin

5. PA Sand

PA Sand Tuned and Synch'ed

I wanted the seat for my Stornello, it wont look off - it would look great. But one of the importers here told me V7 III has different mount than V7 II (some measures are off). Can anybody confirm this?

And while on that topic - are there any other brown alternatives than BAAK?

6. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

I don't think that's true. For instance, in the latest Moto Guzzi LifeStyle Accessories catalog, they list the Comfort Gel Saddle (COD. B063597) for both the V7II and V7III motorcycle series. Moto Guzzi wouldn't do that if the seat mounts weren't compatible.

(I have one of these seats on order for Racer so that I have space to fit a large "tunnel style" travel bag on the passenger portion of the seat; I'll know for sure when it arrives.)

PA Sand likes this.
  7. Sean_Kelly

Sean_Kelly Tuned and Synch'ed

Hey Phillip, I think it would look just fine on the bike. I bought one for my V7 II Stone Gray about a month or so ago. I'll try and upload some pictures tonight when I get home (if I remember!). Your bike is a little different than mine since you did the fender delete, but I don't think that would make it look too different. I did add some leather wraps to my grips as well, so I think that helps make the brown seat look more consistent with the rest of the bike.

No need to worry about this, the mounts are lined up in the exact same place for both seats. It took a little more pressure to get it on than the old one, but that was because the new seat had more padding up towards where the rear of the tank and the seat meet. It's worn in at this point.

PA Sand likes this.
  8. Phillip Lin

That would be awesome! Thank you

9. JACoH

JACoH Cruisin' Guzzisti

True, I just put the solo seat from an earlier model on my v7 III, fits perfectly.

PA Sand likes this.
  10. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Only the V7 & V9 differ. V7 Mk I-III are all the same as to the seat mounts.
    Seat options other than Guzzi and BAAK(?)... (Edit: it's exhausting chasing these links to BAAK, as I will soon offer most all of the same products, better and cheaper!). There's a big handful, including local upholsterers. I will begin working with one local business to offer GT custom seats very soon.

ChupaThingy, PA Sand and Poppe like this.
  11. Chokoloso

Chokoloso Tuned and Synch'ed

Add some brown grips and it would look really good

12. Phillip Lin

Any idea what they would look like or price? Genuine Leather? or PVC?

13. GT-Rx®

We’ll be able to do literally anything you want. Flat bench to Racer in any material on planet, just however much you want to spend will control that. All 100% hand-stitched custom closed-cell foam...

E2CC4183-F64B-4C33-B1C8-FBEAB10EAE6F.jpeg

Poppe and GerryP like this.
  14. Sean_Kelly

Sean_Kelly Tuned and Synch'ed

Got those pictures for you (the seat is much more red then it looks in the catalogue, I have been meaning to get some dye for my grip wraps ever since I bought the seat):
    DSC_0618.JPG
    DSC_0619.JPG
    DSC_0617.JPG

DSC_0580.JPG

Hope that helps!

DK-V7classic and roadscum like this.
  15. Phillip Lin

That helps tremendously! I had no idea it was red. I wanted more of a brown like the Baak and your grips!
    Thanks for saving me lots of time and $!

Stradagene likes this.
  16. Tequilasunriser

Tequilasunriser Just got it firing!

That looks great. Give it a tail tidy and a brushed aluminum front fender next. ;)

17. GT-Rx®

So question for those looking for a seat. I'm looking into a carbon fiber pan, but it will drive the cost up some... that said, looks like I should be around ~$550 in leather, or a handful less in leather-like or any other version like carbon or basket-weave... or sky's the limit. There is a new extremely breathable material out right now that is literally non-heat absorbing for those who spend a lot of time parked or riding in high temps (pic below). Thoughts/comments?

99A7974E-24DD-40E5-A9C9-8290EFF2CDD2.jpeg

18. Tequilasunriser

Tequilasunriser Just got it firing!

Looks good, Todd. Maybe you could do a two-tiered option; one that's more stock thus less expensive and one that's more premium with the non-heat absorbing material that you've shown above.

19. GT-Rx®

Yes, thanks, I will offer many options... but trying to stock some to make them ready ship. Mine is being done in a week or so, so I'll show it off once done. From there, I'll continue asking what people want as to style and materials based on cost approximations.

20. ChupaThingy

ChupaThingy Just got it firing!

Gt saddles?! I'm down, right meow.