• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Another new Stelvio owner !!!

Craig

Just got it firing!
Hi all

I'm new to all this ! only passed my test in May this year :) went into my local Aprilia dealer in Wareham and came out with a 2003 Caponord which i fell in love with until last thursday when a young girl in a new Mini became a little to friendly with my left leg and left side of my bike (knocking me off !!)

The bike is back at the dealer now being fixed, as i was talking to the dealer i noticed the Stelvio lurking in the corner :) :) :) to cut a long story short i am now the proud owner of it :) i pick it up on monday cant wait . . . . . lets hope i dont have any cam problems now !!!

Craig

Checking in before I go stuff my face with turkey... sorry to hear of the unfortunate circumstances that landed you on a Stelvio, but CONGRATS(!) nonetheless. Love to get your info and a few photos for the Modern Registry. Be sure to snap some at the dealer picking it up... those are the best.

While the honourable citizens of the USA are all off sleeping their most excellent dinners off, the rest of the world is still at the grind stone keeping the wheels turning. So it is with much fanfare that I say welcome to the forum Craig, and long may your Stelvio tappets keep tapping when they should......

We're a roudy bunch especially when Mr Roper turns up, but you can be sure that someone will have an answer to almost any question. Oh and BTW, we want to see pics and hear all about yours when you get it :)

Post often!

Hiya Craig,

I know the dealership, Say Hi to Geoff Welham when you are next in the shop. Which one did you get the red one or one of the black one's ?

Welcome to the forum - Hope you enjoy the bike :silly:

Tony - Ridersrest - France

Hi Tony

Yeah will do but Geoff has left now so will pass on to Charlie . . . . . they are using the red one as a demo so i have got one of the black ones, might not be picking it up until the middle of the week now as we are still waiting on guzzi to send all the extras i want !!!

engine bars, carc guard, fog lights, panniers and top box, hand guards (Aprilia ones ?) Tomtom mount and i'm not sure whether or not to go with the heated grips ??? any thoughts on that ?

I told Charlie and Ivan from motosport in wareham that they had made it on to the forum ! they have been really helpful to me during this time of sadness :( and because of that I would recomend them to any passing biker in need as they did with yourself ! Wish the world was full of more people like them !

Hey Craig, never get to Dorset. Do Somerset, Hamps, Wilts, Deven and Cornwall, lol.
Just listen out for the cams, 900 miles or 9000. You cant know until MG admit they got it wrong.
Lets be clear here , the Rose mounted spec's are off. There is a problem with the cam followers and it aint a batch of bad ones that got through.

Oh bugger !!! like you said lets see what guzzi have to say if they ever do ???????

As for dorset there are some great roads down here, i'm just getting into touring will head off down west to start then over to europe. . . .done lots of touring in my Jeep Italy, Spain and all the in between bits just need to do it on the bike now !!!:)

Lol, Do it..........touring is what it's all about, but at the mo not on a stelvio. Took mine to Sweden this year but not again, not until the results of the cam followers are adressed
Do the Millau bridge, South of France. The Alps are another world. Ireland is beautiful. Scotland......................
Sorry but it's time Guzzi addressed the cam problem
Lofty john ? Well ?

Gary wrote:
Lets be clear here , the Rose mounted spec's are off. There is a problem with the cam followers and it aint a batch of bad ones that got through.

Can you prove that Gary? There is currently absolutely no evidence which indicates it's a design problem.
I'm not saying that Guzzi shouldn't take it seriously, and find out what the real problem is. But from posts on this, and other international Guzzi specific forums, I have not heard of a problem apart from in the UK. And the cam arrangement is the same as the 8v Griso, and none of them have failed to date either it seems.

Brian UK wrote:
But from posts on this, and other international Guzzi specific forums, I have not heard of a problem apart from in the UK. And the cam arrangement is the same as the 8v Griso, and none of them have failed to date either it seems.

I agree, let's also not forget that the number of Stelvio owners who post here is extremely small, and the real confounding factor as Brain says is that there have been no reports of 8V Grisso's having this issue - I say hold your horses before drawing conclusions on very small sample numbers and wait for the dust to settle before making any decisions.

Having said that - money doesn't grow on trees, I would proceed with caution on a new bike especially in the UK until it is clear that MG know what is actually going on, OTOH I definitely wouldn't tar all 1200 8V engines with the same brush because the evidence to hand does not support it.

Hi Martin

I'm over in Winfrith! yeah would be nice to meet :) Got friends who live in letton close just off salisbury road so i'm out your way often, how do you find your headlights ? seems that Guzzi only wire main beem on the off side light? is yours the same? will put the question to all on this site and see what they say !!!! Stay in touch :)

All the best
Craig

Hi Craig

There is a thread on the headlight somewhere on this forum. I find it pretty good - or anyway better than most bikes I've had.
I'm down by the river on the Blandford St. Mary side. Mobile is 07824776500 if you are over this way or fancy a ride give me a call. Cheers. Martin

Craig wrote:
Hi Martin

I'm over in Winfrith! yeah would be nice to meet :) Got friends who live in letton close just off salisbury road so i'm out your way often, how do you find your headlights ? seems that Guzzi only wire main beem on the off side light? is yours the same? will put the question to all on this site and see what they say !!!! Stay in touch :)

All the best
Craig

Craig,

In Holland Stelvio's headlights become standard with both sides ON.

Dikkiedik

Hey Nomad, the extra light dont make the rattling sound go away, but at least you know the light at the end of the tunnel is brighter, lol.

Lol But that light goes out when the engine brakes down after the rattling and then ure fucked !!!:silly: :laugh:

Hey Craig shame on you. remember as far as those are concerned from down under.........there is no problem........... just bad UK mechanics.............I think that was the quote.............until an Aussie Griso spat it's gut's.....then it was a bloody grenade

I agree !!! Ive now done 400miles on mine this week and the engine is just sounding sweeter :) think i was just being a little cynical :unsure: but as for the lights they work great now and my dealer is thinking of adding it as standard mod to them. . . . well as said before in another thread and i think by Pete there are a lot of these bikes around the world and alot more 8v engines by guzzi so the few problems we have heard about dont amount to much . . . Bad machanics may be ????:) :) lol

P.S Thanks Todd will send more out and about pics for you to post :) :)

Back