RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.
  2. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Another one down.... (dealer)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by roadventure, Feb 9, 2019.

1. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

Just got a notice that Eurosports (Coopersburg, PA) is going to be closing soon. No definite date, but definitely closing.

2. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    Well, rats, for all sorts of reasons.

Have never been there, but had heard good things.

Kathi and I will be driving to NYC later this week, and I planned to stop in there on our way back Friday. Probably still will, but that news takes some of the fun out of it.

Any idea why ... besides the usual moto-business plan of "make a million bucks by starting with two?" :(

Bill

3. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

They just don't have the customer base needed to survive. My experience with them has been positive.

4. allmotive

allmotive Just got it firing!

I live in the area. Been to the dealership a few times.
    Was looking to pick up my first Guzzi. They were selling V7 III Stones for $5992. I got over there one Saturday to find out they both sold that morning. Bummer...

I'm now looking at a Stornello at West Chester Moto Guzzi. They have 3 there.

Still undecided on whether I want to deal with the fueling problems with the VII or take the additional power/more vanilla looks of the VIII Stone. They also have a VIII Rough, Milano, Carbon and Special (i think?). Pricing is all around the same.

What do you guys think?

Either way, the Stornello appeals to me the most. It just looks gorgeous.

5. Bill Hagan

As for the Coopersburg dealer, stopped in on Friday on way back from NYC. Not sure to whom I spoke, but what a nice guy.

Have to say that I was surprised that he did not trash Piaggio, and, indeed, was positive about them, particularly with "truthfulness" about parts availability, which he also said was quite good compared to some other brands.

We commiserated a bit on the reality of the moto market and I went on.

As for the "which Guzzi" issue, well, we are all different, but I am remain smitten by my Stornello. Having said that, I am probably going to buy my brother's V7III Special, too. Despite what others have -- possibly more accurately than my own saddle dyno -- I did not fin much real world differences between my II and his III.

My brother doesn't like the Special, but he has a Duc M/S 1200S and is spoiled by its power.

Bill

P.S. Allmotive, if I don't buy it, and you have any interest in my brother's (blue) Special, email me at wrhagan AT earthlink DOT net. I want it, but have contractors swarming my house just now doing renovation$, so I may pass.

6. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

It is a shame about Coopersburg. As to which V7, well they are all just different trims of the same bike. First question I would ask yourself is do you want cast wheels or spoked wheels. That is probably one of the biggest differences between the different versions, and a difference that is not easily (cheaply) changeable once you are committed. I like spoked wheels, but I think the cast wheels the V7 offeres are really nice looking cast wheels, and I would want one of the cast wheel versions.

motoguzziman likes this.
  7. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

The foot peg location makes the 3 more comfortable for short me so it has to be better for an average size guy. Odly i prefer the 5 speed for twisty country / mountain roads. ( less shifting) Either way buy it and if you decide not to keep it you'll find a good home for it.

8. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

2 down, just learned Mathew's Fun Machines in NC got bought, new owner won't support them. Not even a bike there already for service.

9. Dale Baker

Dale Baker Tuned and Synch'ed

10. allmotive

allmotive Just got it firing!

Thanks for the advice and offer Bill! I'm not necessarily interested in the Special at this time.
    I'm pretty set on the Stornello or Rough.
    Going to check it out on Saturday to see if I can close the deal.

With trade they offer offering me 5K out the door.

-Rick

Bill Hagan likes this.
  11. Bill Hagan

Understand, and I am probably going to pull trigger on my bro's Special; too fine to pass up.

If ever this way -- https://goo.gl/maps/gRSNk3YnC652 -- stop in and visit the Moto Grappa. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

V700Steve likes this.
  12. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

You know, you are only about an hour away from me in Clear Spring, Md.
    My garage is not so nice, and right now it is crowded with stuff from the basement flooding.
    Some day we need to get together. I don't know many people who own as many Guzzi's as we do. And I was just offered a Centauro for about 6 grand. I always wanted one, but I don't think I can justify a 5th Guzzi. I don't have enough time for 4 of them. But I do like that bike. I keep reminding myself that I already have that motor in a Daytona.
    Anyway, maybe this year we can get together for some food and drink somewhere out in the sticks. We know a good Mexican place in Capon Bridge.....

Bill Hagan likes this.
  13. Bill Hagan

Understand garage crowding. Mine isn't from flooding, thankfully. Mine just now looks like this:

[​IMG]

The EV, Norge, Griso, & Stornello are mine. The Racer is another local rider's, Travis, who trades motorcycles more than anyone I've ever known. He became stranded out here last week by some nasty weather, so it shares floor space with mine for a bit.

As for a Centauro, I've been a fan since I stopped in at then-MGNA HQ's in Angier, N.C., in 2001 (?) and one of the guys there showed me a still-in-its-crate dark cherry Centauro. He said it was the last one to come into the U.S. Not sure if true, but i missed my chance. Unlike Travis, I'd probably still have it, and not have bought later the Ballabio and Griso. But c'est la vie.

I hear you about five possibly being "a moto too far," but I've always liked that saying that the perfect number of 'em was "present count plus one." :rofl:

Seriously, I may not keep all of my present moto-harem after I bring in my brother's V7 III later this month, but I'll have a tough time parting with any of them. Yes, only metal, but the miles of memories they have given me me make them crown jewels.

Oh, Mexican place in Capon Bridge? Works for me. :giggle:

[​IMG]

And, please do visit or arrange for a ride sometime.

Consider, too, coming to Moto Grappa tech Days 3 next year. The "2" just ended. Here are some pix:

https://bill-and-kathi.smugmug.com/MGTD2-February-2019/n-78RTZt/

Bill

14. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

You have a big room down stairs as i recall. Perfect for a Guzzi museum.

Bill Hagan likes this.