• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Another Robot Cafe Racer build / review

I need to get this off my chest…
I am one of those guys who absolutely hate those fake gas tanks… Just a bloody cover over ugly box!
That was my greatest disappointment with the V85 and now with the Mandello..
That is cheating! That’s like putting a picture of Pamela Anderson’s face in front Rosie O’Donnell’s face...
Here we go🤪
I remember when the first Goldwing came out… What a disappointment!
Secondly the guy just used an existing frame somebody else designed and made... so it’s saying the guy built the most beautiful bike blah blah blah blah is BS!
I built a fair amount of bikes over my lifetime, Including frame changes and frame building..
And what Todd is is building in his shop beats that guy by a bloody long shot!! Building your own frame that’s where the meat is!!
Making a pretty shape making a mold with some Kevlar in it… Pretty but...big wow... NO‼️
All you do is hide a gas tank ugly like $h(t box underneath...
sorry… Had to release steam..

I think it’s a cool bike, but I want to two shocks like a V7, the cover over the gas, well not a big deal. But then I’ll ride any thing, even a Pamela Andersen with a face of Rosie O’Donnel!🤪

Some nice bikes on that YT channel but I have to turn off the sound when I watch it... That guy talks painfully slow and around the corners... through whole videos no technical information about mods, just how beautiful are flowers and butterflies...

I might let them slide if it would be forged carbon fiber shell...:D
and with sparkly fairy dust and ground up unicorn horn....
💩

Remember the times we can take the bumper of a car that looks like a real rally car… Now you take the bumpers off and half the car is gone.. it looks like crap… Unfinished and cheap!
I just don’t like fake!!!
And I bet your right Ball that if Todd gets his hands on the V 100 he will use a real gas tank for his builds!
Enjoy while you can. 🤣

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It seems these type of things have to happen organically for them to find them and think they are hip/cool. I've emailed a few of my builds to things like this, and I either get no reply, or worse, them (rudely) demanding something completely unreasonable for me to hoop jump through. Or better yet, recently I am being asked for free product from people who have little following or interest in helping us grow, other than ego and free stuff for them. As a former contributor to the largest print magazine (Cycle World) for ~7 years, I simply shake my head in disgust to what people think is cool, and what gathers momentum these days. I don't understand this "influencer" garbage.
That Blacktrack piece is a bolt together project using our Italia friends Guareschi's frame kit, and engine parts from my German competition (whose work leaves much to be desired always). No dyno graphs either. I think they are offering to make 10, and believe they cost $100k euros, and does not include: The donor bike, Client’s country local taxes, Shipping cost, Client’s country importation taxes, Transportation box.
It's an art project, likely never to really be ridden and enjoyed.

Back