• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

another sierra initiation.....

jamileh

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Did some great Sierra riding this weekend with Regina from the Bay Area; she on her EV, and me on the Rocko Corsa, which ran like a top, btw.... Sat, she and I went east on hwy 190 (moto nirvana) to the Western Divide Hwy and then rode 23S16, the Goatster's Ball - it goes about 25 miles of single-lane along the east flank of the sierras, cross over to the west flank over Portuguese Pass, and then north along the west flank. Todd, you need to bring that Husky up here SOON. Sun, she and David and I rode hwy 198 into Sequoia Natl Park, north on the Genl's Hwy, then east on 180 into Kings Canyon NP, to Cedar Grove and back out. I think she liked it....

up on 23S16 -

reginaaugust2010023.jpg

Smilin' Regina -

reginaaugust2010029.jpg

reginaaugust2010052.jpg

reginaaugust2010058.jpg

reginaaugust2010060.jpg

reginaaugust2010079.jpg

reginaaugust2010083.jpg

love those signs.....

reginaaugust2010104.jpg

Kings Canyon on the way to Cedar Grove

reginaaugust2010118.jpg

Kings River at Cedar Grove

reginaaugust2010134.jpg

reginaaugust2010141.jpg

coming back from Cedar Grove along the Kings River canyon -

reginaaugust2010154.jpg

reginaaugust2010155.jpg

OK, that's IT! Once the temps break, expect me on your doorstep. See you soon!

I had a chance to go maybe 6-8 weeks ago, and got sick instead :sick: Count me in this time!

WOW Jamileh! what a great ride! I may just attach this route to my way home from the NV camp-out. I still have to get to Cherry Lake - What to do? -can't keep up with Jamileh. Glad to see you have your LMs back on the road. I know you'll be worried sick next time she hiccups! See you at the NV rally -maybe?

Looks like a lovely ride in our favorite scenery. Soon as I find 23S16 on the map.....

Thanks for your comments, all. Yes, I think this area would be a fantabulous place for a Not-a-Rally. There is SO much great riding around here. The first snows up in the mountains will hit end of Oct/beg of November; after that, gotta wait till spring if you're going above 3500-4000'. October riding around here is great; so is Feb/March (lower elevations/foothills are gorgeous in early spring) thru June/July (escaping to the mountains). Name it.
OK, Raphael and Ed: here is a regular old map of where 23S16 is. It's the green hi-lited road. You go east from Porterville up Hwy 190 (great road), south on Western Divide (great road), east on ?? (I think it's 50) toward Johnsondale, and hang a right onto 23S16. take it south, cross Portuguese Pass, then go back north to Sugarloaf, west to Posey and out.... Of course, you can go the other way, taking Old Stage Rd southeast from Porterville, thru Posey and on up, going west to east. I've gone both directions, and it looks so different each way. I'd be happy to show the way any time, of course. Uh, Todd, that's show the way and then get out of the way - of you and that new Husky of yours - you would SO love it up there!!
Let me know if you have any questions, Raphael and Ed. I know that area pretty well by now. This is a page from the Benchmark CA Road Atlas - VERY good maps.

And of course, i'm happy to help in any way with the next NAR - was really a fun time!!

IMG_8928.jpg

Back